Welcome Welcome To Freo Josh Corbett!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Haselby has described Corbett well, and he's correct in saying that he plays the same style and role to Treacy, however the calls or suggestions that Treacy even needs a "rocket" are pathetic but that's modus operandi for the worst.

Competition for spots is very healthy though and the depth that it creates is vital for a strong list.

Treacy plays with a very high intensity and a lot of effort, hence his game depends on a high level of fitness. He is a young player who is yet to get his fitness to the level required to play out a game of AFL for four quarters.

Dumb comments from Haselby given that he should know of Treacy's injury and illness issues this season before potting him in the media.

Imo Treacy starts next year with the challenge in front of him to show that he can get his fitness up now that he should be recovered from injury and illness.

Far too early to write Treacy off and if we can give Henry and Sturt time to develop and improve then why not give Treacy the same opportunity?

Treacy plays with a very high intensity and a lot of effort, hence his game depends on a high level of fitness. He is a young player who is yet to get his fitness to the level required to play out a game of AFL for four quarters.

Dumb comments from Haselby given that he should know of Treacy's injury and illness issues this season before potting him in the media.

Imo Treacy starts next year with the challenge in front of him to show that he can get his fitness up now that he should be recovered from injury and illness.

Far too early to write Treacy off and if we can give Henry and Sturt time to develop and improve then why not give Treacy the same opportunity?

I know this is continuing to take the thread away from Corbett but I fully agree with this. Treacy is a gun in waiting imo. Just based on his ethic and in game intensity, think there's nothing to be written off about him. He just needs a good run at it.

I said this earlier but Hase is wrong. Treacy is 195cm and Corbett 190. They’re competing for different spots. Treacys a 2nd tall and Corbett a 3rd. He’ll be competing with Sturt.

They'll both be hoping the Lobb deal gets done.

If Lobb is at Freo next year it'll be Lobb and Tabs as the key forwards with Fyfe potentially playing 50/50 forward/mid so at most there's room for one of Amiss/Sturt/Treacy/Corbett. If we're going to play Jackson forward too then all 4 could be at Peel.

I don't know the guy but externally it looks like he has the drive and commitment to make it. Tipping he'll be best 22 in 2023.

At the very least should be good depth and provide competition for Sturt and Treacy. One of those "keep your expectations low and you won't get hurt" acquisitions.

In the future you could see a smaller high pressure set of talls for wet games if both Corbett and Treacy can apply solid defensive pressure.

Dry: Tabs / Lobb (Treacy) / Amiss (Corbett)

Wet: Amiss / Treacy / Corbett

Amiss in both as I trust him to score in the wet. Corbett could also play the mid-size role.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just watching an interview with him and what an impressive young man. Well spoken and looks keen to get involved.

What impresses me more is the fact that he came over and brayshaw and serong took him and his missis out for dinner with their partners. Those two boys will make us a powerhouse.

Wee edit: Crazy to think that when I joined this site 19 years ago that I would be calling these guys impressive young men in the future. I was younger then them 😂

Last edited:
Just watching an interview with him and what an impressive young man. Well spoken and looks keen to get involved.

What impresses me more is the fact that he came over and brayshaw and serong took him and his missis out for dinner with their partners. Those two boys will make us a powerhouse.

Wee edit: Crazy to think that when I joined this site 19 years ago that I would be calling these guys impressive young men in the future. I was younger then them
Need to appreciate both brayshaws
's and Serong's partners commitment.. Non WA players partners committment is very important. I think Serong will sign shortly after trade period.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

At the very least should be good depth and provide competition for Sturt and Treacy. One of those "keep your expectations low and you won't get hurt" acquisitions.
It's probably not a bad time to remind people how many here viewed Will Brodie as a player recruited for depth a year ago. I don't buy the suggestion that Corbett's been recruited for depth because he wasn't playing regularly at another club. Corbett met up with Serong and Brayshaw all the way back in Gold Coast's bye week off so we clearly targeted him as a player who had untapped potential. I think it's way more likely Will Brodie was asked who is a player playing at Gold Coast that's better than everyone thinks and we should bring him across. It would surprise me if he wasnt a massive surprise packet and at the very least way better than most think. Imagine how much better our team would look if we got another surprise packet from Gold Coast who can improve our forward line and kick goals. Corbett's a natural forward. I'm tipping he'll be a massive addition to our team that no one saw coming.

We will probably rotate Amiss/Taberner/Treacy/Corbett through 2-3 taller forward spots. Can see a injury free Amiss play most games, but Treacy would have to work hard to get to play a lot of games. History suggest Taberner won't play all games either. So there should be game time left for Corbett. Depending on how much time Jackson spents as key forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will probably rotate Amiss/Taberner/Treacy/Corbett through 2-3 taller forward spots. Can see a injury free Amiss play most games, but Treacy would have to work hard to get to play a lot of games. History suggest Taberner won't play all games either. So there should be game time left for Corbett. Depending on how much time Jackson spents as key forward.
Corbett will play rd 1 in place of Logue.

Bell/JLo got Brayshaw/Serong and their partners to woo Corbett and his partner to come to Fremantle. We’re not wasting Brayshaw/Serong’s holiday time for a WAFL player. Corbett had other options and picked Fremantle. He is best 22. In Walls we trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bet you a Bintang next time you're in Bali that doesn't happen.
I'b be surprised if it didn't happen particularly if there is a 5 man bench. There is also always an injury or two over the preseason. I'm also very confident Will Brodie was asked who he thought was a better player than most know on the Gold Coast list and his answer was Josh.

Bell/JLo got Brayshaw/Serong and their partners to woo Corbett and his partner to come to Fremantle. We’re not wasting Brayshaw/Serong’s holiday time for a WAFL player. Corbett had other options and picked Fremantle. He is best 22. In Walls we trust.

Exactly. Plus that social gathering between Brayshaw, Serong, Brodie and their partners was all the way back at the Gold Coast bye round. We targeted Josh miles out from the draft which is why I think a Will Brodie pitch to recruit Josh also happened earlier in the year.

Yeah, gotta say my faith in Walls has reached such ludicrous levels that I'm probably gonna be disappointed if this kid doesn't win the Coleman.

I'b be surprised if it didn't happen particularly if there is a 5 man bench. There is also always an injury or two over the preseason. I'm also very confident Will Brodie was asked who he thought was a better player than most know on the Gold Coast list and his answer was Josh.
Nice try, but no way I'm betting a Bintang with you or any other poster for that matter. Wakojako has a betting curse put apon him from some past life indiscretion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back