Welcome Welcome To Freo Josh Corbett!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. Plus that social gathering between Brayshaw, Serong, Brodie and their partners was all the way back at the Gold Coast bye round. We targeted Josh miles out from the draft which is why I think a Will Brodie pitch to recruit Josh also happened earlier in the year.
So can I gather from that and this SEN article that Brayshaw is now reaching out to Max King and we can expect King at Freo in a year or 2 when Saints finally self implode ?

So can I gather from that and this SEN article that Brayshaw is now reaching out to Max King and we can expect King at Freo in a year or 2 when Saints finally self implode ?

That’s enough for me. If only we’d picked him originally instead of the hogan debacle.. surely we would be top 2-4 favourites next year.

How much would it cost us to pry him out of stk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We would have had Ben King I think
Max King was never an option for us. He went at pick 4.

Brisbane originally had pick 5. Their first trade offer for Lachie Neale was pick 5. We didn’t accept that and wanted another late first. So we went off and did a trade with Port to swap out pick 6 with Port for 11 and a bunch of other second/third round picks.

Further negotiation delays resulted in Brisbane trading 5 for 6 along with Mayes and some other pick swaps.

Then finally Neale was traded along with 30 for 6, 19, 55.

We used 19 along with 11 for Lobb and a bunch of picks from GWS incl. 14. This ended up being a reasonable trade. We got 4 years out of Lobb and then traded him back out for two seconds.

The trade for Hogan was 6, 25 > Hogan, 59 (Brett Bewley).

We then ended up trading Hogan for what ended up pick 50 (Brandon Walker).

The net result Hogan > Pick 6 (Ben King).

Guy sounds like he is already invested, certainly helps with Will Brodie talking the club up.
That and Brayshaw, Serong already de facto leaders of the club.
Corbett speaks very well, seems switched on and he could be another
player that exceeds expectations next year.
Liking the changes so far, and looking forward to see how we hit the scoreboard.

Bit hard to compare Treacy with Corbett. JC has a few cms on him as well as a couple of kilos. Thing with JT he doesn’t leave you wondering very often. My biggest knock on him though is he tends to take his eyes off the ball when marking over his head. Sometimes he’s actually looking down and not up. It’s why he doesn’t complete some marks.

Bit hard to compare Treacy with Corbett. JC has a few cms on him as well as a couple of kilos. Thing with JT he doesn’t leave you wondering very often. My biggest knock on him though is he tends to take his eyes off the ball when marking over his head. Sometimes he’s actually looking down and not up. It’s why he doesn’t complete some marks.
Treacy is taller then Corbett by a few cm

Thing with JT he doesn’t leave you wondering very often. My biggest knock on him though is he tends to take his eyes off the ball when marking over his head.
Yes, definitely the thing JT should be working on is his overhead marking when on a hard lead.
He can kick like a mule, just gotta hold those marks.
He'd be a real weapon, and good luck standing in the hole if you are a defender. JT aint stopping.

But on Corbett, we need natural forwards, medium size and larger.
He looks a natural and could be an important part of a functional fwd line.
Good pick.

Interviewed him during the third quarter of the WAFL game against Claremont and sounded really positive. He has had a lot of almost games where he has created opportunities and run hard, just needs to start converting those opportunities inside 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like him, seems to know he is depth behind Amiss, Treacy and Tabs, probably should have been given a go while Darcy was out but doesn’t seem to phase him. Love that he’s put his hand up to be involved in the women’s coaching group and loves being at the club.
Good guy to have around, hopefully it clicks soon and those almost games become consistent 2+ goal games for peel

I like him, seems to know he is depth behind Amiss, Treacy and Tabs, probably should have been given a go while Darcy was out but doesn’t seem to phase him. Love that he’s put his hand up to be involved in the women’s coaching group and loves being at the club.
Good guy to have around, hopefully it clicks soon and those almost games become consistent 2+ goal games for peel

Agreed - have to love his attitude.

I have been impressed by Josh since his newest venture into the big time.
He adds something up forward.
I just hope that the selectors perservere with him for the remainder of the season.

I have been impressed by Josh since his newest venture into the big time.
He adds something up forward.
I just hope that the selectors perservere with him for the remainder of the season.
The serious question has to be asked - has he been better than Bailey Banfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back