West Indies Presidents XI v Australians May 27-29

Remove this Banner Ad

Saying he's a walking wicket is a ludicrous piece of exaggeration.
Not really. Given that we aren't getting a chance to see either way, I'd say their selectors agree with me.

And I'm not having a go at Chanderpaul, btw, who has obviously been a fantastic player. To play til the age of 40 is a top achievement but it's clearly time to move on.

I don't get the feeling shiv was the sort of player who would take much notice of the tap on the shoulder from the selectors and announce his retirement, if they picked him for our series and he flopped who is to say he would actually call it a day then?

I don't get where he is in long term decline.

His stats:

Jan 2013 - May 2015: 18 tests, 1,121 runs @ 48.79
Jan 2014 - May 2015: 11 tests, 648 runs @ 43.20

His most recent 6 tests, 183 runs @ 16.63 from the tour of South Africa and home series against England is clearly well under par and greatly decrease the above two periods stats, which would be well over 50 if you take out these two series.

Also, despite this ordinary run in the past two series, he was still the second highest scorer in 3 of his 11 innings.

2 bad series in a career of incredible consistency suggests a trigger happy WI selection committee.

You get the feeling the board were just hoping for Shiv to have a mini slump as an excuse to drop him.

It is a complete lack of respect and undervaluing of a great of this game.

I don't get where he is in long term decline.

His stats:

Jan 2013 - May 2015: 18 tests, 1,121 runs @ 48.79
Jan 2014 - May 2015: 11 tests, 648 runs @ 43.20

His most recent 6 tests, 183 runs @ 16.63 from the tour of South Africa and home series against England is clearly well under par and greatly decrease the above two periods stats, which would be well over 50 if you take out these two series.

Also, despite this ordinary run in the past two series, he was still the second highest scorer in 3 of his 11 innings.

2 bad series in a career of incredible consistency suggests a trigger happy WI selection committee.

You get the feeling the board were just hoping for Shiv to have a mini slump as an excuse to drop him.

It is a complete lack of respect and undervaluing of a great of this game.

take out Bangladesh tests from those stats.

And in the past six months who has he played apart from South Africa and England?

At his age 2013 stats are irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back