Strategy What player does a team need in the trade period?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we'll trade as little as possible this year and hit the draft for the best talent we can find. Trade period was bad for us last year losing Wilson, Smith and Matt Kennedy. None of them winning trades.
All four of last years draftees played on Sunday though, with very limited picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Key Defender

Otherwise our squad is pretty balanced, ( ) being depth

top 2 ruck in the comp
Elite inside mids: Treloar, Adams, Pendlebury (Sier)
Elite outside mids: Sidebottom, Phillips (Aish)
Elite small/medium forwards: Thomas, Hoskin-Elliot, De Goey, Stephenson, Elliot (Fasolo)
Elite medium defenders: Howe, Crisp

Cox has the same impact as a 40 goal KPF with his structural impact. Can't count how many goals we've gotten this year because of Cox's presense.
Mihocek looks serviceable too, probably wouldve been 40 goals CHF had he played whole season.

Hence:

#1 need: KPD - From my perspective, get Hombsch cheap, now way we pay more than 1st rounder for May, we have Dunn and Scharenberg both coming back probably mid next year, manage them for finals.
#2 need: Small defender to push Langdon out of the team - Go to rookie draft/national draft, find best shutdown small defender
#3 need Young developing KPF - Draft best available with our 1st round pick

I expect:
1. We trade for Hombsch for a late pick and offer him a 2 year contract with incentive on 3rd
2. We do not get either Lynch or May
3. We draft best available/slider with 1st round pick

Should be quiet trade period for us, we're top 4 team with a young but mature side, most of our core players will still be in their prime for next 2-3 years, we're not in a hurry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back