Which player are you most worried about leaving your club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Suckling worries me, but I think if he goes to a lesser club he'll be exposed. Reminds me of Jack Watts in a way where they only function well in good teams that can mask their weaknesses. No doubt Whitecross will be targetted but Hawthorn will be in his ear that he's the next captain and a needed player

Probably Walker and Kersten because both (in particular Walker) are playing really well at vfl level and would get games in a lot of teams, but if Clark and Stanley stay fit all year they will not get many opportunities, and they could elsewhere.

I think it's almost certain we lose one of them, hopefully if they do ask for a trade we get a decent midfielder (which we need) in return.

This, and worried more about Walker than Kersten.

v75m9z.jpg

So you would be happy for Scharenberg to go we used pick 6 on him

I'd be even less pissed now for Scharenberg to go considering how well Oxley is going.

Henderson.
Our best KPP when fit and in form and can play at both ends of the ground.
Rumours going around that both North Melbourne and Geelong are pretty keen on him.
Going to be hard to keep him.

Can see Adelaide, North, Geelong, Essendon, Fremantle, Richmond, Hawthorn, Bulldogs and GWS all getting interested.
Eagles, Lions and Suns a possibility too. Just play hard ball. He's a good player and should net you a decent return.

From our perspective, Carlisle.
Our FA's aren't that much of a worry.
I don't see Stanton going. Winders, Fletch and Pears i'd be surprised to see on a list next year (though nothing surprises me with Fletch anymore). Dempsey is slowly losing his place in our best 22.
Bellchambers could chase the cash, but with Leuenberger as an alternative, I'm not overly worried.

Carlisle is class though. He is a great defender both 1 on 1 and reading the play. I am of the opinion a solid defence and strong midfield can compensate for a B grade forward line to win a flag. We need to keep Carlisle for that. Has to be a priority signing, and if shifting him to defence where he is happy is part of that, so be it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This, and worried more about Walker than Kersten.

I do think it's odd that when Clark and Stanley came in they didnt sign either to contract extensions (or maybe they tried and their managers didnt want to yet) as it was obvious the extra talls in the side would push out either Walker or Kersten in 12 months time.

Hopefully if one does go it isnt to a Brisbane or a Melbourne as the PSD leverage would leave us with not very much. I would rather not lose either of them but if we can get a decent young midfielder in return it may be a win-win.

One of my fears was alleviated a few weeks ago when Sam Dochery resigned. Patrick Cripps already resigned. The next logical future prodigy at the Blues would be Menzel and the fear there is legitimate. However, I'm not certain that he ever develops to his full potential. Not sold that he has the mental makeup to become the absolute jet that he can be. But if I had to say anyone it'd be Menz.

They both can't win it?

Unless the umpires have been blind Fyfe would have to be sitting on at least 12-14 votes already. He could have polled in every game thus far and has at least 3 BOG's if not more. It will take an injury (knock on wood it doesn't happen) or a reckless suspension for him to lose it from here (if the umpires have been watching the same Freo games we all have).

Unless the umpires have been blind Fyfe would have to be sitting on at least 12-14 votes already. He could have polled in every game thus far and has at least 3 BOG's if not more. It will take an injury (knock on wood it doesn't happen) or a reckless suspension for him to lose it from here (if the umpires have been watching the same Freo games we all have).
Even in a team that it pumped by 85 Shiel probably got a vote. He was BOG by far that night.
He probably hasn't polled in 1 game this year and that was the loss to the Swans.

Jack Riewoldt in 2016.

Not worried about Rance as he's either playing at Richmond or never again, Jack on the other hand would leave a big whole in our already average forward line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back