Which team poses as the biggest threat?

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest threat IMO is Adelaide. They looked awesome against Hawthorn. They are such a strong, disciplined side too, so they are a real danger.

Still not convinced Hawthorn "owns" us. True, they belted us twice last year, but we were crap last year and played crap early this year too and only went down by 4 points at their Tassie fortress. I think we match up well on them, and if we play our style of game and don't get sucked into playing theirs, then we should beat them. I would love to play them in the first week of the finals. Get beating them out of the system early. :):thumbsu:

have to be the Hawks on current form, good young team but their youth and inexperience could cost them in the finals

and there is no way the Weagles are finished,

Cousins and Judd back to fitness will lift any team

I though the Pies were also very good on the weekend, they pushed us all the way

Your biggest threat is Adelaide - they have the finals experience your team lacks. They are a hardened team riding on disappointment of finishing top last year:cool: and then getting wiped out in a preliminary final. Don't get too cocky geelong - many teams peak too early and then falter at the 11th hour.

I think barring a capitulation unforeseeable even for Geelong we will finish top 2. So it really comes down to who we play, rather than having to worry about the travel factor. Which side poses a threat to us this year?

Port Adelaide - :rolleyes: Oh please let us play them come finals

What's your grand final win/loss ratio? :)

What's your grand final win/loss ratio? :)

What the? :confused:

I was referring to the fact we wiped the floor with your mob over at your half empty dung hill and would do it again.

6 and 9 by the way. :)

What the? :confused:

I was referring to the fact we wiped the floor with your mob over at your half empty dung hill and would do it again.

6 and 9 by the way. :)

Sorry, I thought this thread had something to do with finals:confused:

Yes, it does. I don't rate your club this year, hence hope to play them in finals. Get it?

I do rate your club (very much) but I'm also aware of your clubs history in finals. Should be taking it one week at a time/not getting ahead of yourselves/football is a funny game/any side can win on a given day/..................................................................

I do rate your club (very much) but I'm also aware of your clubs history in finals.
yeah right, so how many times has Geelong finished top in recent years during the H&A rounds and not gone on with the job?

Our recent finals record is fine, we've tended to end up in the finals where we have finished on the ladder.

The Roos. Hungry, fit and committed. They have a good ruck set up and hard running experience in the form of Harvey and Grant. They have players such as Swallow and Simpson who seem to save their best for us.

You can't write off the Eagles or the Swannies though but the Crows remain a totally overrated entity on this web site. They have a patchwork foward line and have many bodies that just aren't up to it anymore. They won't go top four and haven't played back to back good matches for quite a while now.

regards,

REB

I think barring a capitulation unforeseeable even for Geelong we will finish top 2. So it really comes down to who we play, rather than having to worry about the travel factor. Which side poses a threat to us this year?

Hawthorn - Our biggest threat. Own us as much as I despise their supporters. Have a good team, will shut us down to beat us. Buddy Franklin is a danger.

Kangaroos - no real threat. Don't care if they beat us this year. Have respect for them. Like us the are succeeding without a history of tanking. Just don't think they can go all the way and we should beat them when we play again.

West Coast - not to worried about them to be honest. Judd season's on a knife edge and they cant cope without him.

Port Adelaide - :rolleyes: Oh please let us play them come finals

Collingwood - a threat despite the fact I don't really rate them. They play at the G a lot though, pretty good team, will get Clement back and our forwardline is somewhat brittle I still think

Western Bulldogs - a threat for us so this week should be interesting. Like Collingwood, don't rate them that highly but they have a fast midfield which might be capable to running us off our feet. Having said that their forwardline is Johnson-obsessed and our backline is our strength.

Sydney - if they get to the finals and we face them (which is unlikely you'd think) there's a danger of course. Not too worried about them because I doubt we'll have to play them.

Adelaide - probably our biggest threat match-up wise next to Hawthorn. Luckily for us they are having a horror luck story with inury and losing close games and will probably only scrape in if at all. as with Sydney, unlikely to play them.

Essendon - see Port.

St Kilda - won't make it. If they did I still would be very confident

(A)With Regard to the Kangaroos: If we play them the threat is real.

(B) Port Adelaide: They are improving at the right time of the year. Underestimate them at your peril.

(C) Collingwood: If they have a fast midfeild that can run you off your feet (your words) then why don't you rate them?

(D) As for the other teams, there is still 28 premiership points to be won (7 games). The eight is by no means settled. You also need to consider that sides have played in and won the flag after finishing the home and away season from 5th and 6th position on the ladder. Swans/Crows.

(E) Teams have finished the season on top and gone out in straight sets. I've seen it happen to the Cats before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my 2 biggest worries are hawthorn and collingwood. hawthorn, just because of our record against them, i was only 5 in '89 so im not really scarred by that, but they always bloody beat us!11

collingwood really rnt that good, but if u look at their run home they should have no trouble finishing 2nd or 1st if we drop 3 games. thing with them is they play so many games at the 'g and the feral support they get is amazing. wld b nice 2 beat em by a point in a grand final tho........haha

all the interstate clubs im not worried about if we play em here and we r switched on. i think adelaide is gawn and cld b gawn 4 a few yrs, time 4 them 2 rebuild.

sydney may have left their run a bit late, but cld b a bit of a danger if they really get going.

west coast just gunna b struggling 4 fit blokes and i dont really rate them when they play in vic. different story over in the houseof pain tho.

kangaroos, apart from a couple like shazza grant and boomer harvey, im sorry, r nothing more than the "shinboner spirit". they can beat any1 if the opposition has an off day, but if we r on our game, we should have no trouble.

essendon, prob wont make it, if they do im not worried by em, if it wasnt 4 hirdies 250th and ramma we wld have beaten em by 100 pts.

port- play em over here we wil do em easy. bit harder over at feral park.....sorry, aami stadium, but if we come 2 play, still should do it.

oh, almost 4got, the doggies, they r a big worry. we seem 2 b starting 2 have a little rivalry starting with them, if they finish top 4, im scared, apart from that, we should avoid em.

saints, shouldnt make it, grant thomas, yes i will fear a full strength st.kilda, but when was the last time they were full strength? about 4 yrs ago! they r a bunch of crocks, hamill will never play again, max h is nearly gone, g trsin is slowing 2 a crawl and stopping all stations! not worried about them, they r pretenders.

the team I think is the biggest threat to geelong:

Ateam.jpg

under estimate them at your own peril.

Hawthorn's backline is very strong is it?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Croad, Gilham, Brown, Birchall, Guerra, Young and Jacobs.

Points conceeded - 1210 (4th) vs. Bulldogs - 1544 (12th)

In all honesty I can't take a premiership hopeful seriously that's 2 jewels up forward are 30+, > 6 foot opportunists - albeit very effective.

Call me a traditionalist but power KPP - especially power forwards, have won flags for 110 years...

Biggest threat to Geelong is GEELONG!!!!!!!

IF they drop off the commitment they will start to fall over and the Monkey may escape.

If thye continue to aim for respect and there is only one way to get that then they can go all the way.

Biggest other threat would be the Crows. A bit up and down but considering they have not had their best on the park as yet they are sitting pretty for a top 4 spot and a real crack. People forget they have been top 2 for the past 2 years and fell apart at the wrong time (injuries etc)

Love to play port in the first final we have a bit to give them after the 04 qualifying at AAMI...add to the fact it would give me revenge with the wife and inlaws.!!!!

Only real threat to Geelong at the moment is Geelong....I would like to see you keep winning until a bit later.
It would be great to have an all Vic Top 4......
Just like back in the 70's

As some of said the only threat to the Cats is themselves. Should finish no less than a Preliminary Final . Maybe the Cats are playing too well too early, but they said that about Essendon in 2000 and they swept all before them in the Finals. Going on past history in my opinion Geelong in the last 25 years have had some of the finest players in the league and should have won at least 1 flag in that time, but maybe this Champion team may over ride all those past great players. All teams are a threat on their day though and it all depends who is playing the better football at Finals time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back