Opinion Who do you want to see win the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

And now we see how important it was for the Hawks to get over the line against Port last week. Kenny will be ruing a possible premiership that slipped from Port's grasp last week.

so this compo pick will turn out to be a champion from the opening and do a Selwood to help them onto the 3-peat?
The compo pick may be irrelevant, but they are due one anyway.
I know how you feel about this prospect, we all do, and as horrible as it may be for all of us, Hawthorn has to be congratulated for everything they have done, and may well continue to do.

They were pretty awesome today the Hawks, so while I'm disappointed they won, I have to begrudgingly give them respect for winning B2B flags.

Being a Geelong supporter and having lived the history between Geelong and Hawthorn for the past quarter of a century they are my most hated team.

Yet I couldn't help respecting them yesterday and even admiring the way they went about things given what was on the line - not only the 2014 premiership but back to back. If only our team had shown that same ruthlessness and ferocity in 2008...

They're a huge chance of a 3-peat, can't even think about it, would be so crushing.

Sydney capitulated yesterday though, didn't even give a yelp, worst I've seen them play since their round 1 loss to GWS.

Port Adelaide are the team to knock the Hawks off next year, they have the players and game plan to beat them. Ryder will help them a lot.

Being a Geelong supporter and having lived the history between Geelong and Hawthorn for the past quarter of a century they are my most hated team.

Yet I couldn't help respecting them yesterday and even admiring the way they went about things given what was on the line - not only the 2014 premiership but back to back. If only our team had shown that same ruthlessness and ferocity in 2008...

I've come to the realisation that Geelong simply won't do that. They are too content to play nice, be second, and be applauded by idiots for 'playing the right way' (whatever the hell that means).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But how pathetic were Sydney they capitulated just like Fremantle last year. Better games seem to be those leading to the GF.
Maybe give Haw the credit for forcing those teams to look as if they capitulated. All about producing your best on the right day, and they are the masters at that. Very stung by losing 2012, they have made amends and some more.

F*ck, anyone but the Hawks ughhhhhh they're just too good.

Anyway, people say that Hawthorn are now the best team of the modern era, even better than Geelong, but that's bullsh*t because them winning back-to-back does put them in front in terms of that, but in 09 they fell out of the 8, Geelong haven't missed the 8 since 06. Also our 2nd Premiership was 2 years after our first not 5 years like theirs...

Though if Hawks win next year, good chance to, then of course they are the best. But until then, Geelong forever <3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back