Who might we take at pick 30? (Thread closed, pls post on the 'welcome' thread)

Who do you prefer (not listed in merit order)?

• Touk Miller

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Jack Lonie

• Liam Duggan

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Hugh Goddard

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Damien Cavka

• Brayden Maynard

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Clem Smith

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • Ed Vickers-Willis

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Jarrod Garlett

Votes: 25 15.7%
  • Toby McLean

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Tyler Keitel

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Connor Blakely

Votes: 33 20.8%
  • Reece McKenzie

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • Kyle Langford

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Nakia Cockatoo

Votes: 50 31.4%
  • Dillon Viojo-Rainbow

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • Dean Gore

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Ed Langdon

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • Caleb Daniel

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get Footage? and what Footage do you Get?

You Blasted our Moves during Trade Period. Did come across as you think you knew more then them

People I know within the industry pass it on. I'm really privileged to get it so keep it all very close to my chest. Also Snoop was on the money re Blaine (though it was more like 2-3 times) and having seen a fair bit of Cavka up close and Blakely also a Swannies product it makes it a bit easier in that assessment.

Did it? Jeez I might have to smarten up how I deliver my posts because I definitely don't think that I know more than the club!

I do have strong views and that's something that regardless of a clubs decision I'll be prepared to express. From there it's up to others to agree or disagree I suppose...

Last edited:
So was jobe watson for years and now look at him (had poor fitness)

So was jobe watson for years and now look at him (had poor fitness)

and so were many others who people rated but were never picked,......and never heard of again. If you cant run then you wont get picked or at best you will get picked a lot later than you otherwise would. I maybe wrong on Smith given plenty of people who I respect and I know watch a similar amount to me have him higher but history tells me he will fall a long way. Talent and intent are there but he has to be able to run with the best. In part this was Kyle Martins issue.

just watched his highlights then, impressive. has a blend of wellingham and dwyer. wellinghams speed and evasiveness from a pack and moves a bit like dwyer [ crouched over as he runs ]. the guy can kick, hits up a guy on the lead with well weighted passes, definately likes to take his opponent on which is great because it breaks up the game and creates movement all round.

if he is available at 30 and there is no one else hine rated ahead of him i say go for it. creative mids with good kicking skills who have breakaway speed is what we lack big time.

Don't always agree on our assessment of players dog, but they were the two players I thought of too.

Don't always agree on our assessment of players dog, but they were the two players I thought of too.

Hey we agree, who would of thought.
But seriously, i was suprised after watching his video his name hadnt been mentioned until now. Would be an absolute bonus if we could get him at 48 but we may hav to pull the trigger at 30 to make sure.

Hey we agree, who would of thought.
But seriously, i was suprised after watching his video his name hadnt been mentioned until now. Would be an absolute bonus if we could get him at 48 but we may hav to pull the trigger at 30 to make sure.
I get the feeling that the reason he's been linked to Carlton's pick at #28 is their ability to trump our #30 pick, and both clubs have interest in him.

What the rumour mill rarely knows for certain is exactly how highly clubs rate the players that they're showing interest in, though.

I would be Happy to draft Clem Smith at 30:

He won't get selected as a defender over Williams and as a forward would be an upgrade on Blair, but we already have that in Kennedy.

I originally voted for Kyle Langford when the poll first came out but he is going to be closer to pick 5 than pick 30.

I'm in the Connor Blakely camp at 30 now as at least it is a more realistic chance of happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This from Bound for Glory:

Pick 30: Collingwood – Damien Cavka

Position: Midfielder
Height: 184 cm, Weight: 79 kg, DOB: 03/07/1996
Club: Calder Cannons
Projected draft range: 30-60
Plays like: Brent Stanton

A very outside, pacey type, Damien Cavka finds plenty of the ball and distributes it as soon as he finds it. The tackling machine put up some really good numbers during the National Championships, averaging 17.5 disposals at 71 per cent efficiency, along with 4.5 marks, 6.5 tackles, three clearances and three inside 50s per game. For Calder, he was a star: of his 11 games, six times he was named in the best. Cavka is your typical link-up player. He’s not anywhere near contested as team mates Paul Ahern and Touk Milller, but he generates dash and loves to carry the ball. He has played a hybrid forward-cum-midfielder role, relishing the permanent move to the midfield later in the season where he averaged 25.5 disposals. Kicking 17 goals for the year, Cavka averaged a whopping four goals and 28 disposals over his finals campaign for Calder at 72 per cent disposal efficiency.

The kid must certainly enjoy himself when he gets into the midfield....

A very outside, pacey type, Damien Cavka finds plenty of the ball and distributes it as soon as he finds it. The tackling machine put up some really good numbers during the National Championships, averaging 17.5 disposals at 71 per cent efficiency, along with 4.5 marks, 6.5 tackles, three clearances and three inside 50s per game. For Calder, he was a star: of his 11 games, six times he was named in the best. Cavka is your typical link-up player. He’s not anywhere near contested as team mates Paul Ahern and Touk Milller, but he generates dash and loves to carry the ball. He has played a hybrid forward-cum-midfielder role, relishing the permanent move to the midfield later in the season where he averaged 25.5 disposals. Kicking 17 goals for the year, Cavka averaged a whopping four goals and 28 disposals over his finals campaign for Calder at 72 per cent disposal efficiency.

With a write up like that makes you wonder if he will even be available at 30.

Emma Quyale also said we are very interested in Him:

The hard-running Damien Cavka is a player they've been linked to, and he should be around at either their second or third pick,

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-2014-afl-draft-part-one-20141121-11p0o5.html

Elite endurance player with the capacity to run all day. Can play variety of roles, including shutting down opponents through the midfield, as well as rebounding from half-back. Shows excellent character and work ethic. Performed well at NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 18 possessions, seven tackles, five marks and three clearances at 70 per cent efficiency in four matches. Averaged 23 possessions in 11 games and kicked 17 goals for Calder Cannons in the TAC Cup.

Looks pretty slow to me. We need pace that he just doesn't have.

Sidebottom's straight line speed is treacle slow, but he has never looked slow in game before. Cavka has run a 16.7 beep test so his endurance is high end to the point that he would probably have finished top 3 in the clubs recent 2km time trial as a first year player.

That's the type of outside accumulator he is he'll just keep getting to the right spots, knock up getting the ball and because of his smarts pace will never be an issue unless you want to run him in the grand final sprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back