List Mgmt. Who will replace Glass as captain?

Who should captain the Eagles post Darren Glass

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like Shuey is being a bit under rated in this thread, he showed great leadership today I think with a few key mature players out, giving advice to some of the younger blokes in a side that looked like it had potential.

He does that against the poor teams and goes missing against stronger opposition.
I agree but we are getting beaten as a team against better oppositions, hence everyone's output is decreased anyway. We were a young young side today and I think you have to give credit where credits due. I'm not saying he is a favourite but he is a young midfielder covering lots of ground playing a somewhat leadership role, if he develops it a bit more and lifts against some of the better sides, he had a tag again today and managed to do alright (except an off quarter in my opinion).

I agree but we are getting beaten as a team against better oppositions, hence everyone's output is decreased anyway. We were a young young side today and I think you have to give credit where credits due. I'm not saying he is a favourite but he is a young midfielder covering lots of ground playing a somewhat leadership role, if he develops it a bit more and lifts against some of the better sides, he had a tag again today and managed to do alright (except an off quarter in my opinion).
Not sure he has the right attitude. Seems a bit arrogant. Always poking his tongue out. Not at Jordan level yet!!!

The prospect of Bunga Hurn being our next Captain is growing on me more and more each game. I thought tonight he lead well...... on the front foot and made those "50/50's " his tonight, as he most always does.

I know he isn't a "sexy pick" but he does have strong leadership qualities and he has stability and poise to his game , plus a robust demeanour. He directs traffic well in the back half and in many ways is our Quarter Back.

I get the feeling that he would handle the extra responsibility with out missing a beat.

What is the need for a mentor?
Isn't that the point of having a vice captain?

Freo's succession is pretty simple. Pavlich->Mundy/Fyfe->Fyfe

Thats freos Plan Apparently... Pav drops the captaincy at the end of 2014, Mundy is Captain for 2 seasons then fyfe gets it in 2017.

I know this is an Eagles Forum and my opinion will mean nothing on here... But here it goes.

I reckon the eagles should do what they did in 2000-2001 when Dean Kemp and Ben Cousins was co-captain. Have a veteran like Priddis be one co-captain and a young guy like a Darling/Nic Nat/Yeo as the other co-captain for 1-2 seasons. Then the young co-captain is captain outright.

Or Hurn or Kennedy as captain would be another option.

Watching the latest Press conference, Hurn speaks really really well..i actually haven't seen him in the media too much and was pleasantly surprised.

Not that it makes him the best choice for captain,but it certainly helps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never really gave it much thought but after a month or two of not very enjoyable footy one player has stood out as the most consistent and never give up player, Hurn.

Bung for Captain in my opinion.

After Simmo said he has was the smartest footballer at the club and ex Eagles players saying he is the best fit my mind is made up.

Bring on the Bung

What? No. He's not over confident though, nor is poking his tongue out a sign of over confidence.
I used to poke my tongue out when I used to play sport and feeling plucky............but I'm a borderline sociopath so maybe your right. I think he is a little over confident (which isn't the worst thing for a sportsman)But Id like our Captain to have a little more humility than Shuey does. He seems like a fine young man as do most on our team. But analyzing potential Captains he isn't a standout atm for me.

Shuey has been a bit of a bolter in recent weeks for mine. He probably still isn't my preferred choice, but he is at least in the conversation now I feel. Played with a lot of heart recently.

Back