List Mgmt. Who will replace Glass as captain?

Who should captain the Eagles post Darren Glass

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennedy would be the best option as far as off-field personality and name recognition goes, but were those the most important things in captaincy Cox would have been made captain over Glass.
Hurn for me. Tough, unassuming and reliable like Glass and Woosh before him.

Priddis was extremely average. The others agree.

NN & Wellingham were the ones who thrived with responsibility I reckon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since when do you care what "the others" think? I do seem to be alone on this one. Will have another look on my re-watch and reasess. Wellingam was nek level today. Went from absolute spud in recent times to very good with heart today. I guess we shouldn't be surprised as he was playing his preferred position but seemed to take the abblett job to heart.

"The others agree" means that I agree with your assessments on the others.

Wellingham was who I thought we were drafting today ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rated his game today. 19 CP's and 12 Clearances against the best CP side in the comp. Didn't turn it over as badly as normal either i thought. Laid a lot of good tackles as well.
I concur, Priddis played a great game today, but I still rather Hurn than Priddis.

I'm almost relieved to hear that Selwood has been carrying an injury for most of the year, as i thought he was a real chance of being our next captain before his meagre start to this season. Also on a side note, not that i think he is captain material, but did anyone watch gaff's post match interview after the game tonight? that is the most fluently spoken I have ever seen him.

According to the following article from one day ago, Hurn is part of the leadership group.

"But Simpson revealed that others in the leadership group, including Matt Priddis, Shannon Hurn and Eric Mackenzie would be given an opportunity to lead the side before they make a decision on the captaincy for next year during the off-season."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-13/eagles-to-rotate-five

Video about Hurn signing on for three years:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never been a fan of full forwards as captains but if that's how JK handles captaincy, I'd be ok with giving it to him :) . I originally had him in my "who I don't want to get it" category but am now considering
=>Who I think will get it?- Scooter. Maybe slightly less likely now that he'll miss the season with the ankle problem
=>Who do I want? EMac or Hurn (We have a proud history/record of defenders as captains :)). I always wanted Waters to be our next captain, he's our best leader easily, but injuries and possible retirement mean that it will never happen :(.
=>Who don't I want? - Priddis (Is our heart and soul and I'd rather a long term prospect), Shuey (too inconsistent/not enough effort/endeavour)
=> Smokeys (from outside the leadership group): Masten (wouldn't be a bad choice), JD (maybe our long-term captain but too immature), LeCras (he seems less selfish these days)

Overall: Prediction- Scooter. Who I want: EMac (a bit quiet but reminds me of Glass in a good way :) or Hurn (a bit injury prone)

Watching yesterdays game Kennedy was great, but when the heat came on from GC Hurn was solid and so dependable in that backline ALA Glass, he doesn't fumble, doesn't panic and usually takes the best option as well plugging himself in the gap to intercept. If things aren't going our way and Kennedy is Captain he's not very adept at pushing back and easing the pressure ALA McGovern, and i'm also not sure how strong JK will be on the other players if they aren't performing or pulling their weight, seems like too much of a nice guy.

Hurn has that seriousness about him that a Captain requires and handles the media well. I think he would also not have second thoughts giving his teammates a burn when it's required and leads by example when out on the field, also capable of a captains goal with that long boot. Hurn for me, I think he would be really good.

Can we keep Glass as a non playing Captain?
Shame he didn't retire or at least openly declare that this season would be his last (even though we all suspected it) at the end of last season when we were in the market for a coach, as he would have made a great Captain-Coach :D

Back