Will you renew your membership next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

No way I'm giving mine up!

I even asked the guys who sit next to me hoping they were going to sell theirs so I could buy them for my mates/other half.

Last edited:

TBH probably not, unless we see a cultural change in the club. If I wanted to be involved with a backslapping old boys club, I'd join a political party.

When I saw we went into a dead rubber with four 30+ year olds, I said "**** it" and went on a motorbike ride thru the hills instead.

............ and Matt Crouch as the sub

Fortuntately for the club, most supporters subscribe to the theory that the club is bigger than any individual.

If we could ever get the club itself subscribing to the theory the sky would be the limit.

Seriously though, the thought of YET another whole year listening to stumbling, bumbling,
mumbling old Phil Harper on Thursday nights and Doc Clarke and Bicks on Monday, will be enough to send me to therapy.

No wonder we get the title of 'fair weather supporters'

God forbid we have an era like Melb, Dogs, Saints or Richmond

I will be renewing my membership ASAP and will consider the upgrade. I know for a fact there is now a large waiting list for Crows membership.

I am of the belief we are not far away from really competing. Tweak our defense a little and add a couple more players and we are there.

I bet those who don't renew out of spite are the first to bleat and complain when they cant secure a finals ticket next year. I'll back those 22 who take the field no matter what.

Bring on 2015!!!!

This won't make a s**t of a difference now - people chucking in their memberships may have started to gain some momentum in its effectiveness, but it's been completely shattered by the AO move.

Worked for me in 2011.

I chucked my membership over the 3rd level rail at Etihad Stadium and walked out in disgust when we were belted by St Kilda.

Craigy resigned that weekend.

My voodoo doll approach worked then! Might work again?

Worked for me in 2011.

I chucked my membership over the 3rd level rail at Etihad Stadium and walked out in disgust when we were belted by St Kilda.

Craigy resigned that weekend.

My voodoo doll approach worked then! Might work again?

You'll need to chuck it off the Empire State Building this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's fair enough if you feel that way, but as a member you only ever get the guarantee of admission to eleven home games and a bit of crappy merch - that'll never change.

If you want the guarantee of a happy ending, there are plenty of places where you can blow $300 (or so I've heard).

Not over here in sunny Victoria you don't!

$150 bucks a year for 4 or 5 "home" games surrounded by hostile ferals hurling abuse at you...of course I will be renewing!

Um, we have...

As for the fair weather comment, we topped the league in attendances this year.

Wanna take another swing? I'll put the ball on a tee for you.

How have we had a era like those teams? Richmond's first time they have made back to back finals since 74/75. Melb, Dogs and Saints havent won a flag since the 60s. Richmond since the early 80s. Please tell me how our current eara where we made a prelim 2 years ago is even close to that.

We still have a tag of fair weather supporters. How hard do the media get on us when supporters start leaving a game early because we are down?

We have had an excellent year attendance wise no doubt but views like in this thread are only going to help perpetuate the tag.

TBH probably not, unless we see a cultural change in the club. If I wanted to be involved with a backslapping old boys club, I'd join a political party.

When I saw we went into a dead rubber with four 30+ year olds, I said "**** it" and went on a motorbike ride thru the hills instead.

Too be fair - Truck and Radar (probably) played their last game for the club! Maybe Pods too?

How have we had a era like those teams? Richmond's first time they have made back to back finals since 74/75. Melb, Dogs and Saints havent won a flag since the 60s. Richmond since the early 80s. Please tell me how our current eara where we made a prelim 2 years ago is even close to that.

St Kilda have been in two grand finals since our last one.

Even Melbourne have been in one.

We still have a tag of fair weather supporters. How hard do the media get on us when supporters start leaving a game early because we are down?

We have had an excellent year attendance wise no doubt but views like in this thread are only going to help perpetuate the tag.

Dogs '54.

St Kilda have been in two grand finals since our last one.

Even Melbourne have been in one.

How many flags have they produced. They got as much out of the season as we did by making 3 prelims in the same time.

I think supporters have to be a little patient with our current squad and Sando.

Sando inherited the Tippett saga and the sanctions
Bailey's sad passing obviously cannot be planned for
A lot of experience and talent has been lost since the 2012 season
Injuries to Key players over the last two years has crippled us

Do I expect better from my club......... of course. Can I see past the disappointment and analyse reality of the situation yes. Hell i don't even think Sando will lead us to a flag but I am willing to give the guy a chance to prove himself. It took Bomber Thompson 7 years to win the Cats a flag and one could argue he had much better talent at his disposal.

I don't want to argue with you anymore about the situation because you are entitled to your opinion and it has some validity, but I guess I'm an optimist and sort of gave Sando and the current squad a clean slate after the Tippet saga.

Do I expect better from my club......... of course. Can I see past the disappointment and analyse reality of the situation yes. Hell i don't even think Sando will lead us to a flag but I am willing to give the guy a chance to prove himself. It took Bomber Thompson 7 years to win the Cats a flag and one could argue he had much better talent at his disposal.

I'm starting to think Geelong of 2007 are the footballing equivalent of Godwin's law.

They're notable because of how rare it is for underachieving clubs to flip the switch to dominant, not because it will happen to any underperforming team.

I'm starting to think Geelong of 2007 are the footballing equivalent of Godwin's law.

They're notable because of how rare it is for underachieving clubs to flip the switch to dominant, not because it will happen to any underperforming team.

Had a great run with Father and sons gifting them possibly the best full back in history and possibly the greatest player of all time. Also several top 10 picks and some very calculated drafting and recruiting. However they aren't an anomaly. They didn't exactly flip the switch either. They made the prelim in 2005 only to disappoint in 2006. So it was all there it just needed some tweaking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back