AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
Coburg Districts Football Club Inc.
Meet The Coach Night
Friday 14th October 2011
7pm - Club Rooms - Cole Reserve - Melways 17 B7

Coburg Districts have appointed a new Senior Coach in Ron Rooney, this coming Friday night Ron will provide a summary of his plans and vision to steer our Club over the next 2-3 years towards creating a winning culture, outline player expectations and the pre-season schedule as well as providing information in regards to the Reserves Coach and playing Assistant Coaching roles for season 2012.
Finger food will be provided with drinks available at bar prices.
All are welcomed.

Re: Western Region FL - Division Two - Part 3

So who is coaching Albanvale next year then?
Mate there could be two that i can think of,
1-Darren Oflarety (Deer Parks 2011 resi coach should be sacked for not making granny i would say)
2-Paul Bradley (Parkside resi coach who was aholed from club even though they won granny)
3-Mick Malthouse (no i dont think so).
So if Mick wont do it then its either one of the above, oh just wait a minute i just thought why dont they get the U18 co coach of 2011 who they sacked.
Whats his name u know the bloke who bled nth sunshine of its 18s oh whats his name again.
Anyway good luck and it aint even 2012 yet.:rolleyes:

WRFL EXecutive is hellbent on introducing 3 Divisions for 2012, according to agenda for next COM next Wednesday night - though they will not have the Clubs supporting them so the motion should be defeated.

However, if it did go through the make up would most likely be 8 teams in Div 1, 8 teams in Div 2 and 5 teams in Division 3 - what a joke !!!

Make up of Div 3 would most likely be Nth Sunshine, Braybrook,West Footscray, Caroline Springs & Laverton.

That decision would surely put Justin Moran's mob back 5 years !!

Oh and another point - Glenorden down but would Heights also want to come down and does North Foots come down also to make room for Deer Park ???

WRFL no hope in hell of implementing 3 divisions next year - not until Clubs have no say and a supposed independent board are running WRFL - in 2013.

WRFL EXecutive is hellbent on introducing 3 Divisions for 2012, according to agenda for next COM next Wednesday night - though they will not have the Clubs supporting them so the motion should be defeated.

However, if it did go through the make up would most likely be 8 teams in Div 1, 8 teams in Div 2 and 5 teams in Division 3 - what a joke !!!

Make up of Div 3 would most likely be Nth Sunshine, Braybrook,West Footscray, Caroline Springs & Laverton.

Thanks advantage rule but it is the Laverton Magpies FC that you may be alluding to, I am just the coach of that club and one of many involved in it's progress.

Yes, my stance is that unless you can have a minimum of 8 teams in each division then it is a backward rather than a forward move in as much as most country leagues over the years with fewer than 8 clubs actually dissolve into other leagues (CGFL in 2003/2004, Lexton Plains FL end of 2010 to name a couple)... so a division of 5, 6 or 7 teams is a little ridiculous....

As for us, we will be in the top 5 in 2011 in Division 2, so would be a costly setback!

Thanks advantage rule but it is the Laverton Magpies FC that you may be alluding to, I am just the coach of that club and one of many involved in it's progress.

Yes, my stance is that unless you can have a minimum of 8 teams in each division then it is a backward rather than a forward move in as much as most country leagues over the years with fewer than 8 clubs actually dissolve into other leagues (CGFL in 2003/2004, Lexton Plains FL end of 2010 to name a couple)... so a division of 5, 6 or 7 teams is a little ridiculous....

As for us, we will be in the top 5 in 2011 in Division 2, so would be a costly setback!

Comp going backwards in a hurry my prediction is in 3 years there will be 1 division only with certain clubs looking elsewhere it wont be long when there is only 12 to 14 clubs around.
On a positive note N.Juegan appointed coach with S.Zavalas assistant big year for the Magpies:thumbsu:

Oh and another point - Glenorden down but would Heights also want to come down and does North Foots come down also to make room for Deer Park ???

WRFL no hope in hell of implementing 3 divisions next year - not until Clubs have no say and a supposed independent board are running WRFL - in 2013.

Cant and wont happen, unless there are 3 Div of 8 teams no one will vote for it. Where would the other 3 teams come from.
WRFL had there chance to get Melton South last year but insisted they play in Div 2. They played finals this year in the Ballarat league, and would destroy deer park and most Div 1 clubs. Rockbank want out of the RDFL but WRFL dont want them back.
and the WRFL keep playing the point Cook card, but it wont happen under the current Point Cook administration. More chance of current WRFL clubs folding or moving on to other leagues especially if the league keep trying to push this. A one division league with quality rather than quantity should be the goal IMO.

already a costly set back........going back in time.......:eek:

2012 coaches appointed or re-appointed thus far:

As for other club's feel free to add to:

Coburg Districts - Ron Rooney
Seddon Yarraville - Dave Connell
Parkside - Nathank Juaegan
Albanvale -
West Footscray - Rohan MacKenzie
Caroline Springs - same as last season
Braybrook -
North Sunshine -
Glenorden - Nick Diker
Wyndhamvale - Luke Dennerley
Laverton - Justin Moran

Any News on player movements or New team recruits for 2012?

You would expect Yarraville to make a move now with connell now coaching, will he drag a few with him or not?

What will albanvale do now, dont think there in the best financial position?

I have heard Coburg are making some good plays for new recruits, espicially with the appointment of ron rooney, very interesting down there.

Parkside will need to top up a fair bit to improve on last year now.

News would be great if anyone has info?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any News on player movements or New team recruits for 2012?

You would expect Yarraville to make a move now with connell now coaching, will he drag a few with him or not?

What will albanvale do now, dont think there in the best financial position?

I have heard Coburg are making some good plays for new recruits, espicially with the appointment of ron rooney, very interesting down there.

Parkside will need to top up a fair bit to improve on last year now.

News would be great if anyone has info?

surely parkside will be the team to beat this year in divvy 2, with deer park being promoted, parkiside are recruting heavily i have heard

The glen orden boys have or are recruiting some good players i hear along the grapevine, am told they have signed 18 new faces already.

What do you mean along the grape vine Javo? You are heavily invlolved down there with the new coach. How many districts blokes do you have now, is it 13?

im quite happy to stick my head out and ask this, what the hell are the people running the yarraville football club thinking???

im quite happy to stick my head out and ask this, what the hell are the people running the yarraville football club thinking???

I would think it is a great move by Yarraville, choofa... DC has a great knowledge of most clubs in this comp and also has a lot of players within his reach to recruit... When you actually sit back and look at what he achieved last year it is quite amazing.... Albanvale were out of money very early in the peice and didn't let on to it until after clearances closed as to keep players at the club... Players were continually told that they will get their money later and later and eventually when told that Albanvale had no money to give a fair chunk of playing group were ready to sit the rest of the year out. Now DC was in same boat where he had not been paid either but still took it on his back and got the playing group away from the club and got them together to agree to commit to the rest of the year for each other... And altho the Footy they played suffered a tad from then on but they still made a grand final he still took chances and tried lots of different tactics against most clubs in the idea that it could beat the dominant deer park... Altho it was seen not to happen but coaching wise I think it was a good tactic but without the right style of players to carry out the plan. Anyway good luck to Yarra as they are a very strong and secure club with a proud history and they will go alright their next year...
On Glen Orden yes they seem to be gaining players but at what cost to the club... They certainly have short memories up the road, as they are trying to reshape and spend money to win it again within 2 years and altho that sounds great to them that is where they went wrong last time... Buying players that will do good in div2 but then go when they get to div1 cos they not up to it... I have a lot of mates at GO and they are all concerned about where the club could be in 5 years... Anyway not really my issue as long as they buy me a beer when the all conquering vales flog them next year haha
The vales are ok too guys... Prob expect a really close season next year with about 7 clubs fighting it out in what could be the closest season div2 has seen in years...
Evo to play again too lol

I would think it is a great move by Yarraville, choofa... DC has a great knowledge of most clubs in this comp and also has a lot of players within his reach to recruit... When you actually sit back and look at what he achieved last year it is quite amazing.... Albanvale were out of money very early in the peice and didn't let on to it until after clearances closed as to keep players at the club... Players were continually told that they will get their money later and later and eventually when told that Albanvale had no money to give a fair chunk of playing group were ready to sit the rest of the year out. Now DC was in same boat where he had not been paid either but still took it on his back and got the playing group away from the club and got them together to agree to commit to the rest of the year for each other... And altho the Footy they played suffered a tad from then on but they still made a grand final he still took chances and tried lots of different tactics against most clubs in the idea that it could beat the dominant deer park... Altho it was seen not to happen but coaching wise I think it was a good tactic but without the right style of players to carry out the plan. Anyway good luck to Yarra as they are a very strong and secure club with a proud history and they will go alright their next year...
On Glen Orden yes they seem to be gaining players but at what cost to the club... They certainly have short memories up the road, as they are trying to reshape and spend money to win it again within 2 years and altho that sounds great to them that is where they went wrong last time... Buying players that will do good in div2 but then go when they get to div1 cos they not up to it... I have a lot of mates at GO and they are all concerned about where the club could be in 5 years... Anyway not really my issue as long as they buy me a beer when the all conquering vales flog them next year haha
The vales are ok too guys... Prob expect a really close season next year with about 7 clubs fighting it out in what could be the closest season div2 has seen in years...
Evo to play again too lol

Hypothetically speaking, should WV have the need to appoint a new coach , and DC is appointed, bringing along these players who are within his reach of recruitment, what effect would it have to fabric of your club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back