WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure that will happen. Back in Sept, our friend Paulie2405 (has gone AWOL since) stated "the Club (Sanctuary Lakes) has indicated it would not field a senior side in Division Three.

If they go down to Div 3, will the coach continue ???
Must of missed that comment i havnt seen SL play so i can only call a braybrook albanvale gf but i would have thought that SL would be stupid not to compete in divvy 3 great opportunity to win a flag. a flags a flag plus build on next 3 yrs at least create club history etc.... But i guess we will find out i cant wait for the pointy end of season in divvy 2 gunna be a cracker

Very quite on here atm strange but owell heres my tips for this week
Braybrook over tarniet 70-100.
Parkside over caroline springs 5 goals or less for mine match of the round.
Glenorden over sunshine heights by 120+
Laverton over north sunshine by 2 goals
North footscray over sancuary lakes by 80+
West footscray over albanvale by 120+
Wyndamvale over manor lakes by 4 goals make or break game for manor lakes i recken

Confirmed that Manor Lakes have been stripped of the points. Makes finals a big challenge now

Very quite on here atm strange but owell heres my tips for this week
Braybrook over tarniet 70-100.
Parkside over caroline springs 5 goals or less for mine match of the round.
Glenorden over sunshine heights by 120+
Laverton over north sunshine by 2 goals
North footscray over sancuary lakes by 80+
West footscray over albanvale by 120+
Wyndamvale over manor lakes by 4 goals make or break game for manor lakes i recken

Pretty spot on here-
My tips.

Braybrook over tarneit by 10 goals
Parkside to beat CS - 50-70 points
Glenorden to beat Sunshine Heights 80-100
Laverton to beat Nth Sunshine by 20
North Footscray to beat Sanctuary Lakes 40 points
West Footscray to beat Albanvale 150+
Wyndhamvale over Manor Lakes 5 goals

Wyndhamvale vs ML should be a cracker

Braybrook over tarneit by 6 Goals
Parkside over CS by 80+ Points
GO over Sunshine Heights by 50 Points
North sunshine to beat Laverton by 5 Points
West Footscray over Albanvale by 100+
Manor Lakes over Wyndhamvale by 4 Goals

Parkside vs Wyndhamvale next week is shaping up to be an absolute belter..
Watched Parkside absolutely dismantle a Caroline Springs line up, that only the week before did the same to ML on their home track.so,e players looked quite sore after the game, hopefully be right for next week!

Anyone else get to see any other games from the weekend?

Parkside vs Wyndhamvale next week is shaping up to be an absolute belter..
Watched Parkside absolutely dismantle a Caroline Springs line up, that only the week before did the same to ML on their home track.so,e players looked quite sore after the game, hopefully be right for next week!

Anyone else get to see any other games from the weekend?
Springs were good against an average Manor Lakes. Parkside were always going to smash them.

Springs were good against an average Manor Lakes. Parkside were always going to smash them.
I was expecting Manor Lakes to come out with a bit more fire after being stripped of points. The Falcons continue to roll on though

I was expecting Manor Lakes to come out with a bit more fire after being stripped of points. The Falcons continue to roll on though
Perhaps the words of a Manor Lakes official to some Wyndham Vale people got Wyndham Vale fired up instead.

FWIW, I don't believe any amount of firing up before hand has an affect past the first quarter.

Perhaps the words of a Manor Lakes official to some Wyndham Vale people got Wyndham Vale fired up instead.

FWIW, I don't believe any amount of firing up before hand has an affect past the first quarter.
Manor Lakes seemed to be very chirpy preseason. Maybe their heads are weighing them down now

Can't see the top four changing from here either, the front runners are all fairly even though

When you have a coach like manor lakes that loves to talk it up what can you expect from the team?

They are miles off the top 4 and will probably lose a fair few players at years end.

Will be fighting to stay in div 2 next year IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure that will happen. Back in Sept, our friend Paulie2405 (has gone AWOL since) stated "the Club (Sanctuary Lakes) has indicated it would not field a senior side in Division Three.

If they go down to Div 3, will the coach continue ???

Sanc lakes will no doubt field a team in div 3 if that's where they end up and will be a two team comp between them and braybrook if things fall as people expect but don't count Sunny Heights out for the drop either.

The coach will stay til years end at least and complete the job started.

All sanc lakes wanted was a chance to stay in div 2 and not be ordered into a div 3 that they were not informed of when they started.

Lavo have bought a lot of the old boys back but will they bring the trouble back with them? Even so they may only scrape into 4th in div 3, they are no certainties to beat tarneit

Sanc lakes will no doubt field a team in div 3 if that's where they end up and will be a two team comp between them and braybrook if things fall as people expect but don't count Sunny Heights out for the drop either.

The coach will stay til years end at least and complete the job started.

All sanc lakes wanted was a chance to stay in div 2 and not be ordered into a div 3 that they were not informed of when they started.

Lavo have bought a lot of the old boys back but will they bring the trouble back with them? Even so they may only scrape into 4th in div 3, they are no certainties to beat tarneit
Really i would think albanvale are a shot also givin there 3 point lose to braybrook but i see that albanvale have sancuary lakes next week i think so will get a look at them 2 that game will really get divvy 3 going

Can't see the top four changing from here either, the front runners are all fairly even though

Agreed woofles,
Wyndhamvale, glenorden, Parkside and West Footscray, clearly a cut above the rest..

After the division split in round 13 there's bound to be some exciting football played between these 4, all vying for the div 2 flag.. Question is though, will any be able to stay in division 1 if they get promoted next season.. Or will they be next years easybeat aka Yarraville...

Agreed woofles,
Wyndhamvale, glenorden, Parkside and West Footscray, clearly a cut above the rest..

After the division split in round 13 there's bound to be some exciting football played between these 4, all vying for the div 2 flag.. Question is though, will any be able to stay in division 1 if they get promoted next season.. Or will they be next years easybeat aka Yarraville...
Would Wyndhamvale be a chance? Admittedly this year they have brought in some good players from outside the club but their junior system has made them very consistent.

Cant believe whitey is getting a game at cs in the 1s. Gee the depth at that joint must be flipping shithouse. There bottom 5 players are absolutely disgusting and thats the reason they will never get close to a top 4 side. Keep up the good job paul growcott. I think you are coaching still.

Cant believe whitey is getting a game at cs in the 1s. Gee the depth at that joint must be ruddy shithouse. There bottom 5 players are absolutely disgusting and thats the reason they will never get close to a top 4 side. Keep up the good job paul growcott. I think you are coaching still.

Indeed, absolute spud....
Tips for this week fellas?

Massive high scoring game did either team have a defence or was it just a shoot hoping they would kick more goals than the other?
Big ground at Parkside gave both teams plenty of space, lovely day and very little wind meant skills were well up too. I thought the pressure was there around the contest but the team who won the footy and spread had heaps of space and the forwards on both sides were very good. Both sides should have iced it earlier than they did as well, no idea why Whyndhamvale kept playing quick and didn't send more men back when they went two goals up with probably three minutes left, lost there heads a bit.

Big ground at Parkside gave both teams plenty of space, lovely day and very little wind meant skills were well up too. I thought the pressure was there around the contest but the team who won the footy and spread had heaps of space and the forwards on both sides were very good. Both sides should have iced it earlier than they did as well, no idea why Whyndhamvale kept playing quick and didn't send more men back when they went two goals up with probably three minutes left, lost there heads a bit.
It's round 8, live and learn. Not playing for sheep stations yet so perhaps they backed themselves in.

Yeah I played my juniors at parks I wouldn't say it's big long wise just wide I didn't see the game yesterday just wondering why both teams were allowed to kick so many goals and get good run ons especially with the vales kicking 9 in the 2nd

Yeah I played my juniors at parks I wouldn't say it's big long wise just wide I didn't see the game yesterday just wondering why both teams were allowed to kick so many goals and get good run ons especially with the vales kicking 9 in the 2nd
The width of the ground makes it easier to find space. Sounds like a no shit kind of comment but its the way you use the space that counts. The Vales are pretty quick and have good skill. Thank god that there are at least two coaches in the Div who play an attacking brand. I watched a Div 1 game a couple of weeks back and it looked like the coaches have been listening to the AFL coaches too much. 14 players form both sides around the ball and it looked like a rugby match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back