WRFL Division 2 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should merge the WRFL and RDFL and split it up into different regions like the Mornington league, this sort of stuff can't continue to happen.

Western Region Football League CEO Bob Tregear today corrected rumours of a move by the Sunshine Heights Football Club to Division Three.

The statement comes after a local newspaper reported that the league would consider relegating Sunshine Heights to Division Three in light of recruitment problems.

While some may believe the decision to drop the Parkside Football Club from Division One to Division Three earlier this month has set a precedent for any club struggling with numbers, Tregear reaffirmed that the current eight team fixture for the 2015 Division Three competition will not be amended.

“The Parkside decision was made after lengthy engagement with the club and the WRFL Board is comfortable with the decision in that case.

“That move was made possible because of an existing bye in the Division Three fixture.

“With round 1 less than two weeks away, it would not be possible to disrupt every other Division Three club by re-fixturing to a new key at this stage,” Tregear said.

“The league will continue to work closely with the Sunshine Heights Football Club and its committee to assist with recruitment issues, however their immediate playing future for 2015 season is in Division Two.”

Sunshine Heights will meet Glen Orden in Round 1 on April 11.

Western Region Football League CEO Bob Tregear today corrected rumours of a move by the Sunshine Heights Football Club to Division Three.

The statement comes after a local newspaper reported that the league would consider relegating Sunshine Heights to Division Three in light of recruitment problems.

While some may believe the decision to drop the Parkside Football Club from Division One to Division Three earlier this month has set a precedent for any club struggling with numbers, Tregear reaffirmed that the current eight team fixture for the 2015 Division Three competition will not be amended.

“The Parkside decision was made after lengthy engagement with the club and the WRFL Board is comfortable with the decision in that case.

“That move was made possible because of an existing bye in the Division Three fixture.

“With round 1 less than two weeks away, it would not be possible to disrupt every other Division Three club by re-fixturing to a new key at this stage,” Tregear said.

“The league will continue to work closely with the Sunshine Heights Football Club and its committee to assist with recruitment issues, however their immediate playing future for 2015 season is in Division Two.”

Sunshine Heights will meet Glen Orden in Round 1 on April 11.

Pathetic

Still sooking... ^ here's one!

I just have no idea what the thought process was, I'm pretty sure the WRFL knew SH were struggling, big footy knew
I was talking to some people who had some involvement at the club last season and even they agreed they shouldn't been forced to play D2 and sunshine heights be sent to d3

Afl is stuffed
Wrfl is stuffed
I'm going to take up mini golf

I just have no idea what the thought process was, I'm pretty sure the WRFL knew SH were struggling, big footy knew
I was talking to some people who had some involvement at the club last season and even they agreed they shouldn't been forced to play D2 and sunshine heights be sent to d3

Afl is stuffed
Wrfl is stuffed
I'm going to take up mini golf

Calder daddy,
Get across to the EDFL mate. With a name like Calder you should be there anyway. Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So will Sunshine Heights get a team up for this year?
from the look of clearances out being 17 and the fact only two in but i think they are juniors I doubt they will be able to field two teams.

Sad day for a proud club.
But on a positive side I see they have 3 junior teams being 9's, 11's, 13's

Should be in div 3 what a disgrace the league is ATM parkside shoulda stayed in divison 2 sunny heights down to div 3 gotta feel for robbie great bloke
from the look of clearances out being 17 and the fact only two in but i think they are juniors I doubt they will be able to field two teams.

Sad day for a proud club.
But on a positive side I see they have 3 junior teams being 9's, 11's, 13's
on

Sunny heights should have forfieted there practice games due to numbers.

This would then put them in exactly the same position as Parkside, and there would be less wriggle room for WRFL to deny.

The fact that they have fulfilled 2 practice games gives the league an easy out.

What's the issue at Sunny Heights? Is it money? Is it the coach had trouble enticing people to the club? Is it low on club people?
I know the area is always going to be a challenge but hearing they have juniors is a good thing, but the oldest junior is 12-13 years old so they would need to battle for another 4 years before the younger guys come through..

Don't know what the exact issue is big chance it's not enough senior players!! though it's a shame they can't be dropped down though!! West footscary may aswell get the cup now!!
What's the issue at Sunny Heights? Is it money? Is it the coach had trouble enticing people to the club? Is it low on club people?
I know the area is always going to be a challenge but hearing they have juniors is a good thing, but the oldest junior is 12-13 years old so they would need to battle for another 4 years before the younger guys come through..

Heights have had 2 practice matches this year and both were 6 qtr games. Not sure on numbers but there currently is not enough players that have trained to fill two teams. I expect that the coaching staff will be working the phones hard next Thursday night to scratch together a reserves team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back