WRFL Division 2 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parkside to play Division 3 this year
The WRFL is a joke
Even a half arsed Parkside will still beat all div3 clubs

Can't understand for one second why they would allow this

Would have been tragic and very sad to have seen Parkside close the doors altogether. Playing Div3 has more positives than negatives on the whole than losing another footy club, particularly one with Parkside's history and importance to the FDL/WRFL over a long period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I have been told from people in the know in this division, Yarraville will more than likely be the 3rd or 4th best side in the comp this year.

Went and watched North and centrals. North looked ok, their best players are still the older guys. Had a good midfield, centrals looked slow, could be long year. North won by 80 odd.

Apparantely West flogged Learmonth, not sure of scores but 9-10 goals I was told. Hard to see anyone getting near West considering Learmonth are around the finals mark in Central Highlands which is probably a better standard than WRFL.

Anyone give a run down of games?

Practice match form suggests YSE haven't recruited as well as first thought.
If the Mail is West will go close, will we see another situation if they do happen to win it. How many players on there current list are capable (and willing) to play div1? Do they have finances to recruit 4-5 quality players if the win it..

Interesting times..

Went and watched North and centrals. North looked ok, their best players are still the older guys. Had a good midfield, centrals looked slow, could be long year. North won by 80 odd.

Apparantely West flogged Learmonth, not sure of scores but 9-10 goals I was told. Hard to see anyone getting near West considering Learmonth are around the finals mark in Central Highlands which is probably a better standard than WRFL.

Anyone give a run down of games?
So early really we are just speculating but I really liked the look of North think the recruits that played looked good & was a great result against a decent opposition but can't read to much into it, not long now until the serious stuff!

West won by about 6 goals. I went and watched Caroline Springs v Melton Centrals, not a bad standard. Lakers won by 5 points and the ressys won by 10 goals.
Should be some great games in Div 2 this year . Might make a prediction on the ladder at the end of the season

West Footscray
Wyndhamvale
Yarraville/Seddon
North Footscray
-------------------
Caroline Springs
Manor Lakes
Glenorden
Sunshine Heights

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.