Debutant
Oct 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Atlanta Falcons
Hi all,

Just announced on Triple M that Fox Footy will be available on Foxtel GO via iPhone and iPad... also rumoured arrival date of Foxtel GO for android on exclusive Samsung period from 5 June - 21 October then onto all other android devices.

Great news. I for one have been calling for this for a while now. Not sure what it means for the AFL app and it's live streaming. If they can now get ESPN i will be absolutely set.

Cheers
Jacky

Good news as I have both an iPad and am with Foxtel.

I "assume" that there will be no extra charges?
I have the Sports package included in my subscription.

Good news as I have both an iPad and am with Foxtel.

I "assume" that there will be no extra charges?
I have the Sports package included in my subscription.
Nope, Foxtel go is included in the subscription. Its not unmetered though :(

I should say i don't know if Foxtel Play is for new customers only or for both new and existing customers... I really hope it is the latter.

Awesome. I have been hanging out for this to be released on Android. Sucks its exclusive to Samsung for a period - have a Google Nexus which I would much rather watch on over my Samsung Galaxy.

Where does it say its coming out for Android? Can't seem to find that info.
*edit* Found the info by googling it. Doesn't seem to be announced for android yet on foxtels site.

Would it rack up much in data charges??
From what I've heard the data is metered which means it will be expensive to watch on your device due to the data charges anyway. Unless anyone can confirm it's unmetered.

But they announced it on their fox footy shows last night as well and you can watch the footy and all the fox footy shows like 360 and On the Couch etc.

From what I've heard the data is metered which means it will be expensive to watch on your device due to the data charges anyway. Unless anyone can confirm it's unmetered.

But they announced on their fox footy shows last night as well and you can watch the footy and all the fox footy shows like 36o and On the Couch etc.

Pretty sure it's unmetered for telstra customers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i am pretty sure it's metered unless telstra jump on board... but i doubt it

I would stick to wifi areas until it goes unmetered... macca's might get a fair workout game days.. hahaha

from the Telstra site...

Is Foxtel Go unmetered?
No.
How much data will I use if I set the video quality to low?
If you have set your video quality setting to low you will use approximately 435 MB per hour when on WiFi and 155MB per hour on 3G/4G.

from the Telstra site...

Is Foxtel Go unmetered?
No.
How much data will I use if I set the video quality to low?
If you have set your video quality setting to low you will use approximately 435 MB per hour when on WiFi and 155MB per hour on 3G/4G.
so on my phones internet plan I'd be good for two games a month and nothing else :rolleyes: No thanks.

Pretty sure it's unmetered for telstra customers.
It is not. Actually asked Foxtel this the other day, its not unmetered at all, even through people who subscribe through Telstra. :(

Im with Telstra and ive found when ive watched Foxtel Go that it hasn't increased my data usage

Not sure why?

In regards to this, im not impressed I forked out $90 for something I can now get for free!

In regards to this, im not impressed I forked out $90 for something I can now get for free!

I think this is the main concern for a fair few people who brought afl live subscription through the app...

If you don't have wi-fi then i wouldn't be using it much as it will chew up your data and i couldn't imagine it would be great internet speed and therefore great streaming quality... use for wi-fi areas only i imagine

Just try and always be connected to Wifi with your 3G or whatever switched off so you don't have to worry about it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back