What are dead giveaways that you won't like someone

Remove this Banner Ad

People who bring shit, cheap drinks to a gathering, stick them in the fridge and then nick everyone else's grog over the course of the night.

People who interrupt me when I'm reading. 90% of the time they're just asking what I'm reading, and they make a snide comment because it's not of any interest to them. **** off.

People who feel the need to comment on everybody's car, irrespective of their car knowledge, because they have a relatively expensive one.

And x2 for almost everything The_Reaper said.

I always forget names. When I first get introduced, I take no notice as I don't expect that I will ever meet or converse with them again.

Great attitude.

Although I'll often go to house parties where I'll only know a few people and end up being introduced to twenty plus people over the course of the night and have to be reminded of peoples names.

I can't see why people take offense to others forgetting either.

"What Footy team do you support?"
"West Coast"
"Haha druggies and jailbirds lol"

Seriously, **** off with that shit. Around 2006-08, those comments were fair enough, but I'm sick of people still making comments like that 6 years on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People who talk about going to the gym

People who talk about the gym in excrutiating detail.

99% of people who go to the gym are going to build fitness (ie run, cycle etc.), build size/strength (ie lift heavy stuff) or are fat and are trying to become less so by doing a combination of the activities mentioned.

The way people carry on about it you'd think they were training for a combination of winning the New York marathon, gold in the 100m sprint at the Olympics and Mr Universe.

Girls (or guys for that matter) who talk about having a 'food baby' after they've eaten a lot.

+100% if they do so via a Facebook status update.

Continuing on West Coast, these days I'd also include the mindless assumptions concerning us having good fortune with umpire free kicks.
It makes footy easier, Hawks, Buddy, three strikes, injuction, Eagles druggies, duckers, Carlton and Essendon are cheats, we all know about St Kilda, Collingwood, toothless dole bludger, lol Norf, that sort of things. It's so much easier to stereotype. :D:p

There's a difference between 'What are you in to?' 'Oh I lift weights, me and some mates have a bit of a competition going' and 'Mate I lift. Was at the gym doing squat dropsets starting at 3x BW, followed it up with with 5 sets of power cleans and a protein shake. Do you lift?'

Stereotyping but the second kind come off as bigger campaigners than those talking about other hobbies, probably because they appear to be bragging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back