Opinion clogged: "Mundy, not a leader?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mundy looked tired to me. Isn't he one of the players to play all games this year? Took on a heavy burden in the first Port game two weeks ago as well, no excuses but he just looked tired in the second half. I also think he gets caught in two minds of whether to mark his man or use his go forward skills and read the play.

Mundy was one of our only midfielders looking to use the ball intelligently against port. Everyone else happy to just kick it back to them. Fyfe was trying to use it well too.

Think some should relax after a loss.

It's funny how a win or loss says how well you played.

Listened to the tripe last night about how Boak stood up when it counted in the second half... ahhh, so the first half didn't count? The bloke had 16 touches and did SFA and yet he's a hero and people are saying we should get rid of Crowley!?

Go mow the lawn people. Myself included!

After this year he's the fourth best mid after Fyfe, Hill and Barlow. Neale rapidly going past him.

Let's be honest. In midfield he has one trick. Reading the tap from Sandilands and shrugging the tackle to deliver a lace out pass. If that is nullified he is utterly useless. A spectator.

That is alarmingly true.

Sandilands is still essential to the midfield, but at least guys like Barlow and Fyfe are consistent even with him in the side.

Mundy has been ordinary all year, and going by his age, he won't be getting any better. If he couldn't bring it this year, why will he in future years?

Yep, he has definitely peaked.

Has been a good player for us but has he resigned yet? if he wants to go back lets make sure we get a player for him.

He has been playing with a groin strain for the past month, and it clearly hampered him tonight.

Would explain the lack of explosiveness he usually has around the centre breaks. Poor series but a vital player who has skills most of our team would die for. If he does slow down he could be moved down back where his reading of the ball, good size and elite kicking skills would be more than handy.

How quickly people forget his performance in last years grand final!

Yep because we should rate our players on the last few games alone.

What a joke our site is becoming.
These judgements are made on a season's worth of efforts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you suggesting his impact over the entire year has been ahead of Fye, Barlow and Hill ?
lachie Neale is progressing at amazing speed.

Over the year? Fyfe, Mundy, Hill, Barlow and then Neale.

We can wait to see how the Doig shapes up or we can crucify Mundy now because he's had a down patch in the last month.

Must be going ok if 24 disposals, 7 clearances 5 rebound 50s 3 inside 50s means you're going terribly.

Mundy will poll high in the Doig because unlike the rest he has played every game.

Yep because we should rate our players on the last few games alone.

What a joke our site is becoming.
not that i agree with his point, but season 2014 is over, so we're int 2015 now i guess.
Neale could possibly be better all year.

Over the year? Fyfe, Mundy, Hill, Barlow and then Neale.

We can wait to see how the Doig shapes up or we can crucify Mundy now because he's had a down patch in the last month.

Must be going ok if 24 disposals, 7 clearances 5 rebound 50s 3 inside 50s means you're going terribly.

I'm not crucifying. I don't do that to any Docker.
I stated he has clearly peaked in form and this year he has been passed on the steps; he going down and they going up.
It's That simple mate.

Are you suggesting his impact over the entire year has been ahead of Fye, Barlow and Hill ?
lachie Neale is progressing at amazing speed.

Hill goes missing a hell of a lot more than Mundy. Neale doesn't tear a game apart. He accumulates. He's a great find for us but he's a complimentary piece.

Mundy is still one of our most if not our most skilled mid. Mundy like the rest of our team looked tired and add to that he's always had that loping look about him.

How was he in last years granny?

Gees, it feels like I've stumbled onto the Richmond board.

Last year is last year.

If Mundy looked cooked last night then he's looked cooked for most of the year. Barely strung together four quarters of footy in any game and had a number of games where he has been missing.

Compare last year's coaches votes to this year's to see his drop off in performance. And both finals he may as well not have bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back