Injury Ben Reid Injured - announced 16th December, 4 - 6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 = Worst year for injuries

2015 = Trend continues

Who is our fitness staff?

Well, it's not Buttifant but as that would matter anyway.
Collingwood have already had three horrible years of injury and given Carlton haven't exactly had a great run either, I genuinely sympathize.
I think 2012 was worse for The Pies. May have been one of the worst injury-riddled years I'd ever seen for both our clubs.

All the best to Reid as he's just about irreplaceable.

Just listened to Pendles and Gary Pert and they said the upside is that it was on his "good" calf and was just a tweak. I guess he doesn't have any good calves any more. Pendles to start full-contact training January 5th.

Well, it's not Buttifant but as that would matter anyway.
Collingwood have already had three horrible years of injury and given Carlton haven't exactly had a great run either, I genuinely sympathize.
I think 2012 was worse for The Pies. May have been one of the worst injury-riddled years I'd ever seen for both our clubs.

All the best to Reid as he's just about irreplaceable.
One swallow as they say... Things have been looking decidedly rosier thus far but it won't take much to have Pie fans despairing again. Injuries sent us crashing from 4th half way through this season to the abyss. 2012 and 2013 were horrible but didn't compare probably because of the apparent depth. 2014 was easily the worst I have seen for any club ever or at least that's my perception of it.

One swallow as they say... Things have been looking decidedly rosier thus far but it won't take much to have Pie fans despairing again. Injuries sent us crashing from 4th half way through this season to the abyss. 2012 and 2013 were horrible but didn't compare probably because of the apparent depth. 2014 was easily the worst I have seen for any club ever or at least that's my perception of it.

I've learnt to assess how fit ones squad is leading into the season proper, to gauge what sort of year one may have.

It's still all very early though and undoubtedly as the training gets ramped up, serious injuries will follow.

May we both get a little luck come our way, for 2015.

The worst thing to ever happen to Ben Reid

131028_davoren600.jpg

Time to move on from Reid, we are carrying too many injury prone players. Cut your losses pies. Goldsack is his replacement. He is a similar size but bigger, plays very well as key back or forward, tough as nails, tackles like a lion on a rampage, and makes good decisions. I don't see why we go on about Reidy when Goldy can surpass him in both areas (if left in place) and rarely injures himself. Fn champion.

Ok tyson

I've learnt to assess how fit ones squad is leading into the season proper, to gauge what sort of year one may have.

It's still all very early though and undoubtedly as the training gets ramped up, serious injuries will follow.

May we both get a little luck come our way, for 2015.

More support for Reidy from a CARLTON fan than Pies board regulars. :p

The world is coming to an end...

Need to look outside the box send him overseas for treatment

Trying to find a positive. At least the injury coincides with the x-mas break which will lessen the amount of training he misses.
Clutching at straws I know but it's all I could come up with.

If we send him overseas for treatment and prepay for future medical expenses in this year can we avoid the footy department spending tax next year?

All I want for Christmas is (my 2 front teeth) 2 good calves for Ben Reid (Sorry couldn't work out how to do strikethrough here)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to move on from Reid, we are carrying too many injury prone players. Cut your losses pies. Goldsack is his replacement. He is a similar size but bigger, plays very well as key back or forward, tough as nails, tackles like a lion on a rampage, and makes good decisions. I don't see why we go on about Reidy when Goldy can surpass him in both areas (if left in place) and rarely injures himself. Fn champion.
Strange post. "same size but bigger" What does this mean? Goldsack is a good player, but not in the same marking paddock as Reid, nor is he as good a kick. He is also a fumbler. Any replacement for Reid must come from somewhere else on the list : Moore perhaps for an early callup. I'm still hoping for Reid to come up as the best option.

calf injuries.... old man's injury....lack of flexibility.

I think most of us would put the problem down to the obvious reason..... Nathan Buckley. However, beyond that, Reid obviously should be traded at the end of this year, if we can manage to get a couple of good games out of him to prop up his price. I doubt that I would be sending him on to the training track for most of next year. I'd probably enroll him in a yoga course and have on the massage table for 8 hours a day during the season proper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back