Injury Ben Reid Injured - announced 16th December, 4 - 6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Some players you don't trade Ben Reid is one of those. He isn't out for the season last time I checked. Also we weren't going to be a top 6 team this year anyways.
He went along way to costing us the 2011 GF. He's been injured more often than not since. Contributed to the Brisbane loss this year. For me he's done. He should've been traded. It's too late now. Another year of interruption from him. He'll cost us another game with his injuries should he get back out there for long enough.

Time to move on from Reid, we are carrying too many injury prone players. Cut your losses pies. Goldsack is his replacement. He is a similar size but bigger, plays very well as key back or forward, tough as nails, tackles like a lion on a rampage, and makes good decisions. I don't see why we go on about Reidy when Goldy can surpass him in both areas (if left in place) and rarely injures himself. Fn champion.
Gunning for the worst post of the year with a few weeks remaining I see?

Perhaps spare a thought for how Reidy must be feeling himself. If people on big footy are frustrated imagine how incredibly frustrated Reidy would be. I bet it would be worse knowing many of his own teams supporters are writing him off & wished we had traded him.

He went along way to costing us the 2011 GF. He's been injured more often than not since. Contributed to the Brisbane loss this year. For me he's done. He should've been traded. It's too late now. Another year of interruption from him. He'll cost us another game with his injuries should he get back out there for long enough.

If you are going to react to every disappointing occurrence in 2015 with the level of hysteria you are currently demonstrating, it is going to be a bloody crap time on this board. Is there any chance you could just tone it down a bit?

If you are going to react to every disappointing occurrence in 2015 with the level of hysteria you are currently demonstrating, it is going to be a bloody crap time on this board. Is there any chance you could just tone it down a bit?
He's had soft tissues injuries for more than 1 year. 1 year!!!! Its time he went. If freeman was still having Hamstring troubles Id be saying the same thing. Ried is finshed now. His legs are cooked.

I just watched the presser from Perty & Pendles and one thing stood out to me.
Pert interrupted a sponsorship announcement to mention Reidy's injury!
That is unheard of and a huge shift from the secrecy, (perceived or not) last season.

McCaffer ACL
Scharenberg ACL
Reid Calf.

And 2015 hasn't even started. Wait untill we get in to the middle of the season. It's going to be the same shit again.

Whenever I choose to click the 'show ignored content' button I almost always feel vindication. No exception in this instance.

Poor Reid, let's hope he can get back out on the track and play an important part for us in the 2015 season.

A question to those who know more about fitness than me. If Reid's injury is 'only' 4-6 weeks (knowing our luck it could be 4-6 months), then will he have lost any gains made during preseason so far. What I'm essentially asking is would a 4-6 week injury in mid December put Reid back to square one fitness wise, or could he retain his level of fitness to a relatively good degree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fdddg.jpg

Trying to find a positive. At least the injury coincides with the x-mas break which will lessen the amount of training he misses.
Clutching at straws I know but it's all I could come up with.

Moore getting Game Time;)

So many flog comments in this thread... surprised people would rather call for him to be sacked/traded before wishing him a speedy recovery.

All the best Reidy.

We do and he just Breaks down again

The dickhead that didn't switch Tarrant on to Hawkins cost us that game. We had a fit second tall, they had pods out for the game. It was a mistake by the coaches not to change the match ups. Reid could have been on the bench.

Reid and Brown will never be traded from Collingwood, the suggestions on here every year are incredibly stupid and always end up being wrong.

I'm afraid without Reid, out top-4 aspirations are over. Former All Australian, now I'd say his career in one step away from done. He's still young too. Imagine what it'll be like when he's 30! Sad to hear.

The dickhead that didn't switch Tarrant on to Hawkins cost us that game. We had a fit second tall, they had pods out for the game. It was a mistake by the coaches not to change the match ups. Reid could have been on the bench.

Reid and Brown will never be traded from Collingwood, the suggestions on here every year are incredibly stupid and always end up being wrong.
Hanging on to them whilst their value continues to decrease, great idea - amazed with the satisfaction of some when it comes to a player on a mega deal constantly sitting on the sidelines

Hanging on to them whilst their value continues to decrease, great idea - amazed with the satisfaction of some when it comes to a player on a mega deal constantly sitting on the sidelines
No club is going to give us anything as good as him. im suprised how quickly you're willing to give up on a player who still has years left to give.
We should trade Elliott going by your theory, injury prone junior who has already suffered 2 injuries as an AFL player..

No club is going to give us anything as good as him. im suprised how quickly you're willing to give up on a player who still has years left to give.
We should trade Elliott going by your theory, injury prone junior who has already suffered 2 injuries as an AFL player..
Talk about 0-100, has Jamie missed 12 months of AFL football from recurring soft tissue injuries?

lol, no

Remove this Banner Ad

Back