B. Grimes Dunn Howe
HB. Salem McDonald Garland
C. Vince Jones Lamumba
HF. JKH Dawes Garlett
F. Watts Hogan Brayshaw
R. Jamar Tyson Vberg
IC. Pencil, Michie, Newton

Question Demon supporters

Freo has a very big sized midfield with Fyfe, Barlow, Mundy and Sandilands. Should Lamumba play in the centre to try negate their bigger presence in the midfield?

B. Grimes Dunn Howe
C. Vince Jones Lamumba
HF. JKH Dawes Garlett
F. Watts Hogan Brayshaw
R. Jamar Tyson Vberg

McCartney has been there for 4 games and already you have Cross out of the side, please say it isn't so.

I would give him first shot at Fyfe, he has the strength, is strong in the air and will run with him. Speed would be the biggest concern.

Freo has a very big sized midfield with Fyfe, Barlow, Mundy and Sandilands. Should Lamumba play in the centre to try negate their bigger presence in the midfield?
He's already been in the middle a fair bit. Probably will continue but it would be nice if he could find the ball.

B. Grimes Dunn Howe
C. Vince Jones Lamumba
HF. JKH Dawes Garlett
F. Watts Hogan Brayshaw
R. Jamar Tyson Vberg

Y7oncpF.gif

The greatest Freo weapons for us to overcome are the huge amount of uncontested ball they win, and then their cleanliness with the footy. Their transition all over the ground is just so consistent over four quarters, and if our disposal isn't spot on they will destroy us on the rebound and continually pump the ball inside 50. Our biggest strength this year has been our tackling and contested footy, but that means SFA if Freo are allowed to spread and take uncontested marks all over the ground and just control the tempo of the game. I actually think we'll be okay in the guts in terms of contested ball numbers and clearance. It's more around the ground that I'm worried.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McCartney has been there for 4 games and already you have Cross out of the side, please say it isn't so.

I would give him first shot at Fyfe, he has the strength, is strong in the air and will run with him. Speed would be the biggest concern.
Ignore his teams, he has a fascination with bringing in a potato in Spencer.

Cross will play but he does need to lift a bit.

No banter thread with you guys? I miss a weekly banter thread and surely you mob are as good humoured as we freo supporters
Going up today

The greatest Freo weapons for us to overcome are the huge amount of uncontested ball they win, and then their cleanliness with the footy. Their transition all over the ground is just so consistent over four quarters, and if our disposal isn't spot on they will destroy us on the rebound and continually pump the ball inside 50. Our biggest strength this year has been our tackling and contested footy, but that means SFA if Freo are allowed to spread and take uncontested marks all over the ground and just control the tempo of the game. I actually think we'll be okay in the guts in terms of contested ball numbers and clearance. It's more around the ground that I'm worried.
The great thing about Roos' brand of footy is that it holds up under pressure and in September. Under Bailey we were free wheeling and it looked great when it worked but it just never did against decent opposition. I think we will give Freo a hell of a shake on Sunday.

We've got VandenBerg now, who is our own Michael Barlow. Brayshaw is only in his 4th game but he's a big unit too. I like your idea though and Lamumba probably will play in there a bit this weekend.

Can someone tell me why in gods name anyone else's name besides Vince is being put on Fyfe?

Surely he gets first crack at him.

Left field - VandenBerg gets a chance.

So far this season the measure of the team playing against Fremantle has been where they have been turning the ball over, beside that one Ibbotson spoil at the end of the Sydney game they were giving it back on the full back and half back line. As long as Melbourne don't snap under forward pressure and turn the ball over across Fremantle's half forward line or across the centre then it can be a contest and an enjoyable match :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back