FTA-TV Which TV shows are you watching now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone seen/watching sense8? I liked the heroes concept but that show went no where. Heard this one is very confusing/slow but might give it a watch.

Just started the UK skins, first 4 eps are great.
Skins. First generation (two seasons) are fantastic - especially Cassie. Second generation has its good characters and its weak points but isn't as good. Third is almost a chore to watch, Grace is the only saving grace.

Rediscovering the sheer diamond quality of "The Larry Sanders Show".
Acquired the box set recently and loving it. Comedy talent off and on screen.
Apatow and the simpsons jonnys Riggi and Vitti behind the scenes.
Shandling and Rip Torn in A grade form as Larry and Artie.
But I know I would have to go a hell of a long way to see something approaching the sheer comedic brilliance of
(1) The written character of Hank Kingsley. The perfect Frankenstein of bloated hollywood success married with a canny cheap dumb **** cunning. A genuine innocent who knows just enough to use the fame for perks and sex. What else is there? Without any guilt whatsoever. F'n brilliant.
(2) Jefferey Tambor's impeccable portrayal of him. This man is a great great comedic actor. I am starting to think one of the best character comedy actors ever.
It is the 90's but for a show which even in satire kinda relies on the zeitgeist of the time, it holds up pretty good I reckon.
You can also tell the strength of it by the amount of "stars" who just lined up to be on the show as "guests".
A true gem.
Or maybe I'm just old. I think it translates....

The 100 - halfway through Season 2 after starting on Wednesday lol

I'm guilty of enjoying it

Binge watched the first season in 2 days. Is it not a well liked show? I found it great.

Octavia, Clarke, and Raven are all good eye candy.

Binge watched the first season in 2 days. Is it not a well liked show? I found it great.

Octavia, Clarke, and Raven are all good eye candy.
Season 2 so much betterer

Just finished the second series of 'Inside no 9.'

Was never a fan of League of Gentlemen or Pyschoville, but this anthology series for the most part has been brilliant

ooh I actually was a fan of both of those shows - is this something new with Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm currently committing to two shows, both four episodes in to their first series runs, and I'm enjoying both (although they are extremely different from one another):

Deutschland 83 - set in divided Germany in 1983 at the height of the Cold War; a young East German man named Martin Rauch (Jonas Nay) is tapped by the government's secret service (the Stasi) to undertake a series of spy missions under the noses of the West Germans under the assumed moniker of Moritz Stamm - the show is subtitled and so far has been an interesting look at a turbulent period in Germany's history, as well as examining the temptations faced by Martin in his expanded world.

the other show is

Humans - UK sci-fi program which I have been enjoying a ton; in a 'parallel present' (i.e. 2015, but not *our* 2015 exactly) ultra-realistic synthetic humans have become commonplace assistants with mundane and dangerous tasks.
The Hawkins family decide to opt in and purchase a domestic 'Synth', 'Anita' (Gemma Chan, possibly the world's hottest woman) - it soon becomes evident that Anita is not your average Synth, and the world of 'Humans' expands from there. Worth a look, a lot of fun, with a nice role for veteran American actor William Hurt too.

I'm currently committing to two shows, both four episodes in to their first series runs, and I'm enjoying both (although they are extremely different from one another):

Deutschland 83 - set in divided Germany in 1983 at the height of the Cold War; a young East German man named Martin Rauch (Jonas Nay) is tapped by the government's secret service (the Stasi) to undertake a series of spy missions under the noses of the West Germans under the assumed moniker of Moritz Stamm - the show is subtitled and so far has been an interesting look at a turbulent period in Germany's history, as well as examining the temptations faced by Martin in his expanded world.

the other show is

Humans - UK sci-fi program which I have been enjoying a ton; in a 'parallel present' (i.e. 2015, but not *our* 2015 exactly) ultra-realistic synthetic humans have become commonplace assistants with mundane and dangerous tasks.
The Hawkins family decide to opt in and purchase a domestic 'Synth', 'Anita' (Gemma Chan, possibly the world's hottest woman) - it soon becomes evident that Anita is not your average Synth, and the world of 'Humans' expands from there. Worth a look, a lot of fun, with a nice role for veteran American actor William Hurt too.

I've watched the first three episodes of Deutschland. It's got some really great parts, then some weak links as such. But I'm enjoying it.

The one that I'm interested in watching is a Norwegian show called acquitted. 'sposed to be a cracker.

Netflix has prompted me to start watching Doctor Who. I don't know how fans rank Eccleston as the Doctor, but I really like him in it. Though the show ups the ante in the weirdness scale.

I've watched the first three episodes of Deutschland. It's got some really great parts, then some weak links as such. But I'm enjoying it.

The one that I'm interested in watching is a Norwegian show called acquitted. 'sposed to be a cracker.

yeah, agree with that grizzlym; Deutschland 83 has had some rough edges here and there - I enjoyed the 4th episode, some funny moments ..
haven't heard of Acquitted; will google!

yeah, agree with that grizzlym; Deutschland 83 has had some rough edges here and there - I enjoyed the 4th episode, some funny moments ..
haven't heard of Acquitted; will google!

That's the name that Channel 4 is running with. It has some weird arse Viking name.

Where did you 'catch' the fourth episode?

Highlight for me is when they tried the Walkman for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ooh I actually was a fan of both of those shows - is this something new with Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton?
Newish, two series down so far. The burglar episode and twelve days of Christnie episodes were the highlights, both getting 9+ ratings at IMDB.

Have just finished 'Over The Garden Wall' on Cartoon Network, which was dark, atmospheric and great, and that's a rock fact!

That's the name that Channel 4 is running with. It has some weird arse Viking name.

Where did you 'catch' the fourth episode?

Highlight for me is when they tried the Walkman for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

umm, it fell off the back of a truck. :oops:

I loved the stuff with the floppy disk in ep 4; hilarious and very telling of the East German mindset/predicament.

Also the NATO secretary's line about NATO secretaries falling for Soviet Romeo spies was pretty funny ..

I think it's just an 8-ep series, so I will definitely stick it out .. will Stamm be exposed?

Newish, two series down so far. The burglar episode and twelve days of Christnie episodes were the highlights, both getting 9+ ratings at IMDB.

Have just finished 'Over The Garden Wall' on Cartoon Network, which was dark, atmospheric and great, and that's a rock fact!

i'm stoked you mentioned Inside No.9, I will definitely have to remember to check that one out; I had *no idea* those guys had produced something new.

I loved Over the Garden Wall too; had my daughter singing 'Potatoes and Molasses' for days :-D

Talking of shows which are great, but obscure here, check out The Detectorists - MacKenzie Crook's show based around a metal detectors club. Not the most promising of concepts, but really hits the mark, helped along with a great performance from Toby Jones. Won the bafta for best sitcom, but more melancholy than laugh out loud. By far MacKenzie's best work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back