Prediction Name Your 3 players - 2016 starts Post 231

Remove this Banner Ad

Oldie: Having trouble splitting between Walker (one last hurrah as a fwd) and Simmo (running PB's, feeling great)
Youngster: Cuningham (don't think he will play any more than say 10 games, which would be a great achievement, but I think he will impress enough in NAB to get a few games and anything can happen from there)
Fringe: Having trouble splitting between Kerridge and Whiley. I think Kerridge could slot himself straight into the forward line and have an impact. I think Whiley could be set to do some good things, but will have a harder time breaking into the side because the midfield is reasonably strong.

Oldie: Tuohy. His excellent footskills and experienced head will suit Bolton's game plan, making him a critical cog in our defence and transition to attack.

Youngster: Graham. Some might not think of him as a youngster but he has played stuff all games and a good chunk of them have been as sub. The AFL have finally recognised how important he could be to us and scrapped the sub rule :D

Fringe: Whiley. I think he is about ready to step up like Graham and put some solid efforts in, showing he is not just unproven depth but a genuine player.

Re Clem: Fact or speculation?

Well that's what I was told 2 weeks ago, but hopefully he has a breakout season and is more match fit than last season.

Oldie- Thomas to get back to his best footy

Youngster- Jaksch to play as a permanent forward and to be our leading goal kicker

Fringe- sumner to get a good run with injuries and show the football world how good he can be.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of them do well.

Three I will have a keen interest and hope for are:

Graham - I reckon could be a gun midfielder

Smith - Training well and has the X factor and class we need

Gorringe - Could be anything. Has the talent and amazing athletic ability. Could be our answer to Blicavs.

Oldie: Judd. Just love his work and how he can lift the whole team by breaking through the middle. (Would love to see us play well enough to get Murph, Judd, Daisy and Gibbs all in AA contention).
Newbie: KJ. Great signs last week and a tall rebounding defender to work with Rowe and Jamo would be awesome!
Fringe: Watson - can kick (a long way), can mark, has speed, has size - has been persistent, would love to see him kick bags and tackle defenders, to be an upgrade on Waite.
I feel like the kiss of death:eek:...
But like CFC can only improve in 2016 :thumbsu: so...

1. Oldie - Simmo
2. Newbie - Plowman
3. Fringe - Boek

Oldie: Judd. The man is in beast mode and I'm looking forward to seeing him play now that he's rediscovered his love for the game.

Newbie: Clem. I was pleasantly surprised by the bits of the NAB game that I saw. He's lost a lot of fat and is speedier and more nimble than I thought. Plus I wanna see him kick some asses.

Fringe: Come on DylBucks. There's a spot in the team that's yours for the taking...
Well...fiddlesticks...

Oldie: Daisy. I hope that the year off has helped his body and that we see the star that he once was. He is a proud bloke who loves playing footy and will be all out to prove the critics wrong.

Newbie: Charlie Curnow. Just looks like something special to me. Size, skill, tank, enthusiasm...we need another young star and he would do fine.

Fringe: Clem Smith. Love the fact that he is having a real crack. He has the ability and should he keep his head could really establish himself this year.

Cripps: Can't wait to see the Next Level. Might have a punt on him for the Brownlow.
Harry McKay: Really have high hopes for this lad. Will need to be the big gun forward if Levi doesn't make it this year.
Boekhorst: Have a feeling he's gonna bust some games wide open this year. Has stacked on the muscle, along with the speed and skills, could be very Dangerous for us.
Blow-in watch: Have in interest in how well Kerridge goes given his elite fitness levels and now he has a real opportunity to break into the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oldie: Weitering. It takes maturity and disciple to play key back, so hopefully this old sole can play the way he is described.

Newbie: Daisy. If he can recapture the youthefull, enthusiastic Daisy of old we may yet see something special from this high profile recruit

Fringes: Gibbs. Time to step up from the fringes of the leagues best players. Clocks are ticking, the next few seasons will determine how Bryce is remembered post football, amazing talent or decent kick with terrible hair.

Did anyone get the trifecta from 2015?
Yarran
Henderson
Menzel

Yarran - entering the years of his best football. Seems settled, mature and is now a senior player.
Hendo - if this has been his least interrupted pre-season then he can dominate. Just dont know if its defence or attack
Menzel - i expect him to have more impact for longer in games.

Page 2 thanks to pepalenko

How does this work?

OLDIE: Gibbs easily
NEWBIE: Cuningham would be a real bonus as we know Weitering and Curnow will be beauties for us.
FRINGIE: Whiley. Harder, Better, Stronger, Faster

Cripps: Can't wait to see the Next Level. Might have a punt on him for the Brownlow.
Harry McKay: Really have high hopes for this lad. Will need to be the big gun forward if Levi doesn't make it this year.
Boekhorst: Have a feeling he's gonna bust some games wide open this year. Has stacked on the muscle, along with the speed and skills, could be very Dangerous for us.
Blow-in watch: Have in interest in how well Kerridge goes given his elite fitness levels and now he has a real opportunity to break into the side.
I deadset did not blink when I read this.

Oldie - Murphy. Everyone is going Gibbs, Simmo and Daisy but I think Murph is in for a big year. Will be released of the hard tag that he was getting and with guys like Cripps, Simmo and Gibbs all in good condition and will release some freedom for the skipper.

Newbie - Kerridge. This bloke is just going to slot into a HF or wing and just rack up disposals, great pickup over the trade period.

Fringe - Whiley. Have been a fan of his for a while and have a strong feeling that he could breakout, great size and hard at it it just needs to impact games more.

Oldie - Murphy. Everyone is going Gibbs, Simmo and Daisy but I think Murph is in for a big year. Will be released of the hard tag that he was getting and with guys like Cripps, Simmo and Gibbs all in good condition and will release some freedom for the skipper.

Newbie - Kerridge. This bloke is just going to slot into a HF or wing and just rack up disposals, great pickup over the trade period.

Fringe - Whiley. Have been a fan of his for a while and have a strong feeling that he could breakout, great size and hard at it it just needs to impact games more.
Ooh, good one, I forgot about Kerridge.

Oldie: Thomas. His importance to this squad is immeasurable. A fit, confident Daisy will add so much.

Youngster: Weitering. We haven't had a steady head in our back-line for I don't know how long (Scotland?). To have Weitering playing third tall and taking intercept marks then delivering with great foot and hand skills will be a delight to watch.

Fringe: Boekhurst. Is a late starter to footy. If he gets up and going his skill, pace and decision making will bring a dimension to the game we have been sadly lacking

Newbie: Phillips. Could we have finally found a good quality support ruckman/forward for Kruez? Time will tell but I really HOPE this is the case. Would really add balance to our team.

Oldie: Thomas. His importance to this squad is immeasurable. A fit, confident Daisy will add so much.

Youngster: Weitering. We haven't had a steady head in our back-line for I don't know how long (Scotland?). To have Weitering playing third tall and taking intercept marks then delivering with great foot and hand skills will be a delight to watch.

Fringe: Boekhurst. Is a late starter to footy. If he gets up and going his skill, pace and decision making will bring a dimension to the game we have been sadly lacking

Newbie: Phillips. Could we have finally found a good quality support ruckman/forward for Kruez? Time will tell but I really HOPE this is the case. Would really add balance to our team.
Hey! That's 4! Stop cheating.

I may have cheated too by naming 5 when I couldn't split a couple

Johnson - cult hero
Kreuzer - our only hope
Whiley - surprise recruit of the year
Okay well I'm jumping off the Kreuzer bandwagon, he's made a full recovery under my watch! 1 out of 3 ain't bad.

1. Whiley - keeping the faith. Will burst out of the blocks.
  2. Phillips - I was a big fan of Andy Phillips the 1st and he reminds me of Prince Harry.
  3. Lamb - Last chance saloon. Talent with questionable attitude who will be eager to impress.

Have been thinking the same and finally got around to checking. Currently paying $81 with Sportsbet. Worth a tenner at those odds.

Please gamble responsibly

EDIT: I'm all over it. Noticed he was around $57-61 with a couple other mobs, so put my money where my mouth is.
C'mon Crippa!!

Last edited:
Oldie- Dale Thomas: This pickup so far is one of our biggest fails since Mick McGuane and he needs to give us atleast a top 5 B+F year this year to ease the pain. I see Dale performing well more important than Simmo, Walker or even Gibbs. My second option is Jamison; It's Weitering's first year of footy and if Jamo has an injury interrupted year we will get smashed down back and put a slight dent in Jacob's confidence (Rowe and White simply not good enough).

Newbie- Charlie Curnow: You know what you're going to get from the likes of Weitering but if he and Curnow both become the players we want them to be then on that alone this draft is a pass mark. I think to expect anything from Mckay or Silvagni this year is a bit much and as excited I am to see what Mckay can produce I think Charlie can make an immediate impact. For this draft to be a 100% strike rate we want Weitering to be our lynch pin in defense, Curnow to be a big bodied goal kicking midfielder (maybe a Jake stringer type?), Mckay to hold a KP spot up forward and become our main focal point, Cuningham to link up with boekhorst on the wings in the mould of isaac smith and brad hill from hawthorn and Silvagni to be a Jack Gunston type.
If I had to choose out of the new GWS boys I would go with Phillips, he could be the steal of that trade.

Fringe- You've got to go with Jaksch. He seems to be somewhat of a whipping boy for most (and rightly so, he didn't come cheap regardless of the steak knives involved) and he could be a critical part of our spine along with Casboult, Mckay and weitering. I see him as a swingman (a bit like Adam Hunter was for the Eagles) so it will be interesting to see where he's best fit and I hope that we find that out this year. He could be anything! My second option would be Nick Graham. Didn't get much opportunity under Malthouse, has shown some good signs without setting the world on fire but seems like a professional. If he and Beokhorst can take the leaps that Cripps took last year we would be laughing!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back