VFL Round 4 - Northern Blues vs Collingwood at Preston City Oval (Pies WON 100-91, replay in the OP!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm asking this in a non-confrontational way, but were you there today? I had to leave at 3/4 time, but up until then Cloke was a lot better, showed enthusiasm for the contest, went in to help his team mates, was presenting. Significantly better than his other games this year.

It may not be enough to justify a return to the seniors, but he was good.

His playing at CHF certainly opened up the space for Wyatt and the like to run back into...

Pretty sad indictment that some people are quite happy with an 800k AA KPF superstar kicking a single goal in the VFL and "trying".

If he was trying and had his head screwed on he would be DESTROYING the opposition in games like this. Wyatt and Phillips both kicked 3.. clearly it wasn't exactly hard.

Exactly what impact at AFL level is he going to have based on this performance? Shit all, just like before he was dropped.

Keep him in the VFL until he has a great game and demands selection, no favours. He has to EARN it.

SPOT ON KAPPA

I have several.... still hate them.
My brother in law is a Carlton 'supporter' Just like Carlton, weak as piss. He allowed me to swoop in make sure my nephews were Pies fans. Jumpers, memberships, the whole lot. He couldn't even whimper a small protest. So very Carlton of him:)

What do you think he has to do before earning selection?

What do you think he has to do Jmac? Because personally any 200 game AFL player worth their salt should be taking games like this and DOMINATING from start to the end.

Remember when Beams played a VFL game coming back from a 12 week injury? Tore the opposition a new one then won us the game off his own boot in the dying minutes. The time has passed where we should be happy with Cloke "trying" ffs, he needs to play like the All Australian 800k superstar we paid for or he can stay in the VFL. If Wyatt can kick 3 goals Cloke could easily be kicking 6-7 if he was at his best... instead he kicks 1 in the first minute and then "tries". Well done Cloke, have a sticker.

Wyatt's probably more likely to kick a bag of goals at the moment, wouldn't be surprised if the coaches told Cloke to get out to give their best VFL tall forward a crack.

Cloke did play where the coaches told him, which was further up the ground. Do you think then he should still have kicked six goals to earn a recall?

I'm becoming very keen on Phillips.
He actually might be the goods

He shows signs, glimpses. Did some good work in under today, at least one wow moment for me. Dont ask which quarter, it was in the first half, but he got the ball out through heavy traffic. Very positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think he has to do Jmac? Because personally any 200 game AFL player worth their salt should be taking games like this and DOMINATING from start to the end.

Remember when Beams played a VFL game coming back from a 12 week injury? Tore the opposition a new one then won us the game off his own boot in the dying minutes. The time has passed where we should be happy with Cloke "trying" ffs, he needs to play like the All Australian 800k superstar we paid for or he can stay in the VFL. If Wyatt can kick 3 goals Cloke could easily be kicking 6-7 if he was at his best... instead he kicks 1 in the first minute and then "tries". Well done Cloke, have a sticker.

Cloke had a good game in the role he was asked to play. Why is that so hard to understand?

One thing I've noticed from being here is how much worse things seem on Bigfooty. When it was mentioned that Crocker might have done his knee, he'd actually run over to the bench to get them to have a look at it. When I read it on here it sounded way worse than it seemed at the ground... Amazing how easy it is to create panic.
I thought that was what BigFooty (in part) loves to do.
Create impressions of doom (not the wrestler)

Cloke did play where the coaches told him, which was further up the ground. Do you think then he should still have kicked six goals to earn a recall?

If he was playing up the ground then he should of dominated that position, getting at least 20 possessions as the link up man plus kicking 2-3 goals when he has a chance to push forward. Frankly 1 goal is a piss weak effort, I don't care if he pushed up the ground... he is primarily in the team as a goal kicker, he needs to push up the ground AND kick goals, just doing 1 isn't good enough.

Cloke had a good game in the role he was asked to play. Why is that so hard to understand?

I do understand that, what you don't understand is that a "good game" by Jmac standards for a 200 game AA AFL footballer playing against shit VFL opposition is quite low.

Personally I have slightly higher standards for someone like Cloke. If he was a 1st year player (Wyatt/Crocker) and had a game like that I'd probably be content with his game... Sadly we aren't talking about a 1st year player though.

If he was playing up the ground then he should of dominated that position, getting at least 20 possessions as the link up man plus kicking 2-3 goals when he has a chance to push forward. Frankly 1 goal is a piss weak effort, I don't care if he pushed up the ground... he is primarily in the team as a goal kicker, he needs to push up the ground AND kick goals, just doing 1 isn't good enough.

You keep referring to the one goals aspect as if it proves your point. Which it doesn't.

Regardless, our season will be on the line next week. IMO, we can't afford to have a match winner like Cloke in the stands.

My brother in law is a Carlton 'supporter' Just like Carlton, weak as piss. He allowed me to swoop in make sure my nephews were Pies fans. Jumpers, memberships, the whole lot. He couldn't even whimper a small protest. So very Carlton of him:)

Takes after his captain.

k1b8fID.gif

sDJLauX.gif

Jeez, he's been asked about it repeatedly - how hard is it for him to give an accurate answer?!!
He's a bit of a rookie list reporter himself.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back