VFL Round 4 - Northern Blues vs Collingwood at Preston City Oval (Pies WON 100-91, replay in the OP!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually, he wasn't plucked from Hine's arse at all. The Dogs were allegedly keen with their next pick, and it has been said a few times that clubs regarded him as a possible first rounder in 2016 with a full season of TAC under his belt.

I really don't know why you find it neccessary to shoot from the hip at a player like Sier, who the club has been very forthright about in that he is a project player who will be spending 2016 in the VFL developing rather than being ready made.

Let me ask you a question. How did you feel about Ramsay in his first year at the club? He did very little, didn't look close at any stage to playing seniors, was a bit of a left field pick at the time, and like Sier, was one of the youngest players in his draft year.

How do you feel about Ramsay now? He's developed in to quite the handy player imo. Instead of pulling the trigger early, maybe it would be a better idea to hold off for at least 12 months with young guys who are described by the club as project players?

I also Heard Carlton and Melbourne where also Keen on Sier at there Next Picks

Apparently Sidebottom and Pendles left the track early today (managed? or injured?)

Wrong Thread.;)

Don't pay Attention to that. Most Likely Manged because how often are those Rumors True?

So you decided Ramsay was good because he did one good kick and took a mark....

Ok then :drunk:
However I thought he played AFL in his 1st not 2nd year so your point is not entirely without merit. I am in Laos so am a bit out of contact with all the other teams but am wondering if Caleb Daniel is still doing well for the Bulldogs. I am not a fan of short people, but he looked a good prospect, better than Sier, and I selected him in a phantom draft. He can do what so many of our players can't - kick? Is he still doing OK for the dogs?

I Think he was drafted for his appearance not his football potential. Sometimes I like to shoot from the hip, and it's players like Sier that encourage the urge to draw and fire without a lot of cogitation being applied. He is sure to be a disappointment though I await the usual howls of derision directed against my well-placed pessimism. Hine plucked this pick from his arse in the hope he'd be lauded for his foresight when his prancing pony wins the dressage. I believe he has shown nothing to suggest his number will be highly sought by adoring kiddies for their jumpers. Our next Dale Thomas he will never be.

From reading your posts, I get the impression that you don't regularly go to VFL matches or training. I'm not having a go at you about that, I don't go to them either. I just can't understand how without having seen much of him yet, you could have formed such a strong opinion either way.

From reading your posts, I get the impression that you don't regularly go to VFL matches or training. I'm not having a go at you about that, I don't go to them either. I just can't understand how without having seen much of him yet, you could have formed such a strong opinion either way.
True, I am not an attender of VFL games but I am an assiduous reader of VFL game threads and MagpieBat and the club's reports. Just because I do not attend VFL games does not mean I am unaware of a player's progress. He got 13 possessions last weekend which on the surface doesn't seem a hell of a lot and he did seem to be playing a mid field role.

Besides, there is a heat wave in Laos and the high temps have driven me indoors, and beer o'clock was moved forward by 3 hours yesterday, so I am probably more inclined than usual to be critical. I never did fully understand why we drafted him, and Sier was regarded as the draft's most left field selection by Emma Quayle and others. In his one NAB Cup outing with the pressure off he managed 2 hand passes, one of which I missed.

If I was a little more gay in my sexual preference, i would probably enjoy watching him out on the field, even minus a bunch of meaningful possessions, because he is quite a good looking bloke with a frame that might appeal to some among our followers.

To those who are regular followers of VFL I ask: 'Can he kick?' I know he is meant to have spotted someone up with a classy pass last week, but as Apex36 pointed out, one kick or mark does not necessarily mean you have the skills of Peter Daicos.

As an aside, why do sr36 and Apex36 share the same number 36? Are you related? Cyber-brothers perhaps?

True, I am not an attender of VFL games but I am an assiduous reader of VFL game threads and MagpieBat and the club's reports. Just because I do not attend VFL games does not mean I am unaware of a player's progress. He got 13 possessions last weekend which on the surface doesn't seem a hell of a lot and he did seem to be playing a mid field role.
The club's reports are propoganda. No offence to MagpieBat (I read his reviews assiduously too), but forming a really strong view based on his opinions is a bit like saying" I hate souvlakis because a mate told me they're awful." Mates are often wrong. Souvlakis are a gift from god.

I joined earlier than Apex, so I assume that he idolises me.
It does have something to do with idolising, but rather the guy who wears the number currently than you.

You're a close second if it's any consolation?

The club's reports are propoganda. No offence to MagpieBat (I read his reviews assiduously too), but forming a really strong view based on his opinions is a bit like saying" I hate souvlakis because a mate told me they're awful." Mates are often wrong. Souvlakis are a gift from god.
I read the threads and form opinions based on a variety of views. And believe me I am aware that the club's reports and best players list are all but meaningless. However, the stats are hard to fake. I do not base my views on that of one or two people. Dave's views can also be misleading because of his personal preferences. With Sier, I probably decided from day 1 that he was an unwise selection so I am likely to ride him hard till he proves he has some worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was a little more gay in my sexual preference, i would probably enjoy watching him out on the field, even minus a bunch of meaningful possessions, because he is quite a good looking bloke with a frame that might appeal to some among our followers.

With Sier ... I am likely to ride him hard.

Molly Meldrum versus Brokeback Mountain
Is Molly a little more gay?

To be fair, I don't have an opinion on souvlakis...

My point exactly. If you live in Melbourne and don't love souvlakis, your opinion is useless. In fact I'm going to block you, so that I don't become biased by your opinions lie TGG has become.

I don't live in Melbourne. Unblock me, please...

You're blocked, therefore I can't read this.

Which means you can't see this, then...

5ed780c570b1d6fb9a73d115db790dff.jpg

He did one short pass in his first game that indicated he could kick over short distances. He also took a sharp chest mark. I am not confusing his afl and vfl games though i did think he played afl earlier than 2 years in. Sier looks the part as a player but so did Jesse White.
Didnt ramsay debut same game as gault or a wek earlier?

Sweet success - all four quarters from Preston are now online.

Q1 - http://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-05-03/vfl-r4-pies-v-blues-1st-quarter

Q2 - http://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-05-03/vfl-r4-pies-v-blues-2nd-quarter

Q3 - http://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-05-03/vfl-r4-pies-v-blues-3rd-quarter

Q4 - http://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-05-03/vfl-r4-pies-v-blues-4th-quarter

It might be useful for anyone who needs to fill in some time very late on a Thursday night or at some stage on their Friday.

Apologies for how late this is. MB/ TD/ all other interested parties - right now, we can't give you an exact time/ date there'll be online each week. But I can guarantee you we're endeavouring to do so as often as possible (ie: weekly). Know the timing is an inconvenience, but we'll look to make it happen as early as possible, as often as possible.

Cheers,

Luke

Sweet success - all four quarters from Preston are now online.

Q1 - http://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-05-03/vfl-r4-pies-v-blues-1st-quarter

Q2 - http://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-05-03/vfl-r4-pies-v-blues-2nd-quarter

Q3 - http://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-05-03/vfl-r4-pies-v-blues-3rd-quarter

Q4 - http://m.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-05-03/vfl-r4-pies-v-blues-4th-quarter

It might be useful for anyone who needs to fill in some time very late on a Thursday night or at some stage on their Friday.

Apologies for how late this is. MB/ TD/ all other interested parties - right now, we can't give you an exact time/ date there'll be online each week. But I can guarantee you we're endeavouring to do so as often as possible (ie: weekly). Know the timing is an inconvenience, but we'll look to make it happen as early as possible, as often as possible.

Cheers,

Luke

Thank you, Luke.

And an apology from me if I have come across as a little bit of a campaigner of late.

These shall find a home in the OP...

(By the way, if you're looking for a good use for these tapes this week, have you given any thought to putting it up on the big screen this Saturday pre-game? ;) )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back