Grizz's cruel punishment for a crap thread sorry i dont know how to delete posts :( (also encompassing'S')

Remove this Banner Ad

Please change back to 2 seperate threads. It makes absolutly no sense as one.

My stomach hurts.

Last edited:
An existential oddyssey, reminiscent of Joyce at his best...

Everywhere, only questions, yet no answers.

Like Conrad before him, Jaitichi takes us on a metaphorical voyage through the heart of darkness.

From his first plaintive, "Sorry!", which hits the reader firmly, a sort of "primal scream" of regret, painfully honest, yet with the raw inarticulation redolent of everyman. Born to a world he never made, Jaitichi places himself firmly in the nihilistic tradition with a single word.

Then, the wish to simply "delete'? What is being 'deleted? The author's past? His identity? His very soul? We find ourselves caught in a dichotomy; we ache for him, and yet, we are also, all, essentially "him". The paradox is inescapable

In his pithy masterpiece, Jaitichi succeeds where so many have failed. He leads us deep within ourselves, to ask ourselves these questions which we avoid in our day to day mundanity. A bold new talent, I await his further posts with giddy anticipation.

The question we all need to ask ourselves is why : and ( and not :(.

What is being missed here is that jaitachi has posted this as his 420th post. In a week where a young player was in the periphery of a drug scandal. This existential, thought-provoking thread launches off the back of post 420. Demonstrating deftly that a lifestyle of drugs, indicated in the youth code for marijuana usage '420', will provide no answers or solutions but a life of frustrating mystery. It is a cautionary tale. I commend the dedication of jaitachi to deliver this very coded, but poignant message.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

l0HlLsdZBVXHjXlyU.gif

Is that you Rompingwins?
on Game Day, they showed a photo of a younger Mitch with a rotty. Leigh Matthews asks about the dog, Mitch says "it died last year..."

Hame, quietly: "I'm glad it wasn't me that asked that"

on topic: Rompingwins knows how to delete posts.

Now that jaitachi has broken the ice about this elephant in the room, I feel inspired to open up about my own post-deleting experiences.

For a long time I too was confused and frustrated about post deletion. I work in IT and I feel pretty comfortable around new technology, but for some reason deleting posts remained a mystery. If I scrolled back up in my phone browser, I couldn't find any delete option, only an edit option. Was it a problem with using the phone? Was it my outdated browser? Or was there a policy of no deletions on Bigfooty? My lack of understanding of such a basic task made me feel isolated. It was like a thorn in the side of my postings, was I different? Was this something everyone else but me understood? Should I say something or just keep quiet? I tried to battle the demon by myself, searching for other posts asking the same question, but to no avail.

Then one day while browsing on a desktop, I noticed a delete option. My heart skipped a beat. At least now I could log onto the desktop if necessary. Then a few weeks later, lo and behold, I notice the delete option in my phone. Had it just appeared? Was it always there? Was I going crazy? Was it all just a dream, or was I now in a dream?

And why was there a question asking for a reason? Had Bigfooty decided to add the delete option but had some concern of abuse and tried to mitigate the risk? If I didn't give a good enough reason would I be denied? Would I then be registered as tracked as a nefarious deleter?

These questions still sit in the back of my mind. But I tell myself sometimes if life you need to accept uncertainty. You need to move on. I'm making progress to a happier space, but I'm not there yet. I keep taking it one day at a time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back