List Mgmt. 2016 Free Agency/Trades/Draft thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With GCS having maybe up to 9 picks in the top 30 or so (after trading Prestia & JOM) and the supposed evenness of this draft in the first 35-40 players, should we maybe look to downgrade our first round pick and maybe try and score 2 or 3 of their picks in the 20's. We need some depth in the midfield this might be a way to add some.

Thoughts?

You also said once that we were into Yarran and Dixon. Are we MORE into Rockliff? Like heaps?

Also, on Motlop, I thought the word last year was that we wanted him but Geelong put the "hands off" sign up, required player. What changed I wonder?

Yes I did say that - our "homework" was proven correct re Yarran - look at his issues now so I guess we avoided a bullet there. Seedsman was then pursued of course for that role and we got him.
Dixon did spend some time with club reps last year - mid season break from memory. Nothing formal just getting a feel for where he was at.

Just informal discussions with Rockliff is all I was told.

Hard I understand to believe someone who has rarely posted on here but hey it's all good.

I'll still share any new info as I hear if that's still ok.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I did say that - our "homework" was proven correct re Yarran - look at his issues now so I guess we avoided a bullet there. Seedsman was then pursued of course for that role and we got him.
Dixon did spend some time with club reps last year - mid season break from memory. Nothing formal just getting a feel for where he was at.

Just informal discussions with Rockliff is all I was told.

Hard I understand to believe someone who has rarely posted on here but hey it's all good.

I'll still share any new info as I hear if that's still ok.

Cheers

Good luck with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back