List Mgmt. 2016 Free Agency/Trades/Draft thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, by making that trade we free up a spot in our team for a genuinely talented player like Milera, Menzel, Wigg, Hampton, or Doedee. That's how we actually improve.

Why don't we do that with 10 others....if it's that easy to improve?

Could we swap Henderson and Douglas for a pick in the top 20's? It looks like GC will have 3 top 10 picks and 5 top 20 picks.
Hendo will be a free agent I believe so we won't get anything in return for him, well I suppose a compo pick but it won't be worth much.

With GCS having maybe up to 9 picks in the top 30 or so (after trading Prestia & JOM) and the supposed evenness of this draft in the first 35-40 players, should we maybe look to downgrade our first round pick and maybe try and score 2 or 3 of their picks in the 20's. We need some depth in the midfield this might be a way to add some.

Thoughts?

This sounds fine theory but what happens is you end up with good players with lousy skills. THIS IS THE PROBLEM WE HAVE NOW. NO ELITE SKILLS. I said it before, trade up in the draft and get the elite skilled mid we need. Chase Brodie or McCluggage. Or both if we can.

So david swallow has been seeing Steve Saunders?

He has a clinic on Gillies Street. Where Tim Cook works.

#links

The upside is huge.
Can dominate as a forward and also has a big vertical leap like Nic Nat in the ruck.
Great mark and very agile and fast for his size. Only new to the game and is in the mold of the new type of ruck.
He's too small to be a ruck (even with his leap). Everything else I agree with. Third Round plus and I'm fine with taking him. Any earlier and I think it's to great a risk.

Would we get a gc pick in the 20s?
We might do

He'd be really good up there.

Part of me hopes that Lyons and CEY get a chance to be first choice mids somewhere. I believe they'd both be good AFL players. And surely Grigg is better than most of Richmond's 23-40 players.

I'd actually much rather we kept them and played them but I don't see that happening without a change of midfield coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We might do

Part of me hopes that Lyons and CEY get a chance to be first choice mids somewhere. I believe they'd both be good AFL players. And surely Grigg is better than most of Richmond's 23-40 players.

I'd actually much rather we kept them and played them but I don't see that happening without a change of midfield coach

Hold on.. we're playing Lyons aren't we? Have all year.

We might do

CEY showed in his 2 games this year he's not what we need. A slow, inside mid, doesn't damage the oppo, and has no defensive pressure or pace. We already have thommo, mouch and lyons who fill the role...trade. he is big, but doesn't use his body at all.

We need to find a club who would value him. GC might be it or even the hawks (?)

All good saying we trade in, but you need to find something to trade out
Sorry I meant either trade or draft. But I would def look at what CEY/Grigg could get. Maybe 40's? Could we put one or both of them with our 3rd rounder and mover up a couple of spots in the draft? I think GC, Melb and Carlton would be keen on CEY and Grigg def has a place on a list somewhere.

Gold Coast need strong mature bodies to play now and resuscitate their entire organisation.

Players they could use;

CEY- Inside grunt.
Douglas - experienced, mature body. Will play 23 games a year of slippery-dip footy
Mackay - Apprantely provides outside run. Oh and that important non statistical role.
Grigg - Has been in best few players almost every match in SANFL. Strong mature body.

Now, no I do not think they will accept a poo poo platter for top draft picks, but I suspect if we get creative, we could prise a top 15 pick out of them + a 2nd round pick. Maybe even something we could exchange for Rockliff....

This sounds fine theory but what happens is you end up with good players with lousy skills. THIS IS THE PROBLEM WE HAVE NOW. NO ELITE SKILLS. I said it before, trade up in the draft and get the elite skilled mid we need. Chase Brodie or McCluggage. Or both if we can.
Brodie does not have elite skills, McCluggage certainly does, the most skilled player at around our pick is probably Jordan Galluci just not sure about his inside ability, more an outside mid wing/HFF with plenty of toe and ELITE foot skills. No way we can trade up enough to get either McCluggage or Brodie, if we were to trade up inside the top 10 I'd be targeting Andrew McGrath.

Bicks , you seem to attend a lot of games in Vic. Sorry for the upcoming psychology questions. The onfield stuff is fine , I am interested in the off field. What is their demeanour after the game, through the game etc. Do they interact with other players, do they look for info from coaches , do they look for mummy. I know they are young men and will dress and act weird but who they surround themselves with is usually how they see themselves as. It can also be an indicator of future plans.

There should also be a note of caution that teenagers who hang around family dont necessarily return to family.

Brodie does not have elite skills, McCluggage certainly does, the most skilled player at around our pick is probably Jordan Galluci just not sure about his inside ability, more an outside mid wing/HFF with plenty of toe and ELITE foot skills. No way we can trade up enough to get either McCluggage or Brodie, if we were to trade up inside the top 10 I'd be targeting Andrew McGrath.

Thanks Bicks...I would throw all of our draft picks plus a decent player to get McCluggage then. If not as you said Galluci. To my eyes this is what is wrong with our team, we have blokes who can get it, then waste it or go missing under fire. We need to get the skill and mental standards up. There is a strong basis but until we improve on it, we as a team will remain static.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back