List Mgmt. 2016 Free Agency/Trades/Draft thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CEY showed in his 2 games this year he's not what we need. A slow, inside mid, doesn't damage the oppo, and has no defensive pressure or pace. We already have thommo, mouch and lyons who fill the role...trade. he is big, but doesn't use his body at all.

We need to find a club who would value him. GC might be it or even the hawks (?)
After reading that no prick will want him. You talk UP your trade outs, not down.

I would look at Michael Barlow from the Dockers. Was injured a bit this year but is still a ball magnet. I don't think Thommo has it any more. Not the 30 plus ball winner of the past and dispoal is poor.

Lets think more realistically here. Who on our list could we lose that wouldn't have too much of an impact on our team, but might be attractive to Gold Coast?

Gold Coast have a stack of quality draft picks available to whoever is ballsy enough to make a trade or two.

What could we entice out of them for Henderson, Mackay, Douglas or CEY?

Gold Coast really need some solid experienced professionals to turn around the culture of their club. All 4 would be starters in their team and have an impact.

Could we swap Henderson and Douglas for a pick in the top 20's? It looks like GC will have 3 top 10 picks and 5 top 20 picks.

Personally I'd be happy to let any of these guys go. We have coverage. It also allows the younger guys - Milera, Knight, Doedee, Wigg etc... push in to the team without weakening us.
Most importantly, we need to get more quality in the side. Time for a short transition where we loose a few of the 'solid and experienced' players and instead push for some 'possible elite' talent.
Port think they can get pick 6 (via Richmond for Prestia) for Hartlett. Does anyone know if GC are that desperate for average player or they do actually want some guys who are consistent?

Are there any players we are prepared to sacrifice trading out to bring in midfield talent, if available? I'm reading a lot of 'trade out Lyons, Mackay, CEY' etc, but do we really think that will net anything of value?

Are there any players we are prepared to sacrifice trading out to bring in midfield talent, if available? I'm reading a lot of 'trade out Lyons, Mackay, CEY' etc, but do we really think that will net anything of value?
More importantly, will guys like Douglas and Mackay agree to go? They've got a pretty sweet gig here in Adelaide, get paid a lot of money to put out average performances and don't have to worry about their spots all that much. Why risk it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bicks , you seem to attend a lot of games in Vic. Sorry for the upcoming psychology questions. The onfield stuff is fine , I am interested in the off field. What is their demeanour after the game, through the game etc. Do they interact with other players, do they look for info from coaches , do they look for mummy. I know they are young men and will dress and act weird but who they surround themselves with is usually how they see themselves as. It can also be an indicator of future plans.

There should also be a note of caution that teenagers who hang around family dont necessarily return to family.
Mate, I get along to almost all of the Ballarat Rebels home games and whenever they are playing in nearby centres so I get a very good idea of their on field talents and to a lesser extent their opponents on the day. Not too many "Mummy's boys" at the Rebels as a lot of the lad's aren't Ballarat locals but are tied to the Rebels TAC "zone" which also takes in Warrnambool, Portland, Horsham, Ararat etc and are targeted talent wise for the TAC program 2 or 3 years out through the junior competitions in the area. In most cases that involves attending St. Pats College for education and playing for the school's "elite" footy program along with boarding at the school's facility so they're already quite independent of their family.

This year the 4 Rebels certain to get drafted in the early rounds are Jarrod Berry [Horsham], Hugh McCluggage [South Warrnambool], Willem Drew [Koroit], Cedric Cox [Hall's Creek WA/Colac] and I can assure you all are clean cut young men and I might add you don't get into either St. Pat's or the Ballarat Rebels elite football programs unless you are of sound character. Jarrod Berry in particular is recognised around the club as a born leader captaining all of his School, Ballarat Rebels, Vic Country and the AFL Academy teams this year and whoever is lucky enough to draft him will have not only a highly talented footballer but a lad with outstanding leadership qualities. That's Jarrod Berry there.

Last edited:
Not sure where else to post this. Probably not worth a thread of its own. Noble a $7 3rd favourite to be Brisbane's new coach.
An article on the afl website has Teague in the 'other contenders' category:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-29/who-is-in-the-running-for-the-brisbane-lions-coaching-job

Noble would probably be good in a football manager role, but not as head coach. Brisbane need to bring in an experienced coach like Ratten, he has already coached at the highest level and has been involved in an extremely successful environment for the last few years. Bringing in a rookie head coach could work, but where Brisbane are placed at the moment they need experience and knowledge to turn the club around.

Port think they can get pick 6 (via Richmond for Prestia) for Hartlett. Does anyone know if GC are that desperate for average player or they do actually want some guys who are consistent?

Bahahahahahahaha

In that case we should get pick 6 for mackay!
Bugger it, let's take Pick 6 for Douglas and pick 9 for Mackay. Where do we sign that fairyland deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back