West Coast v Western Bulldogs - Elim Final 2016 - Subiaco, Thu @ 6.10pm

Who will win? Eagles or Bulldogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kennedy unsighted in the '15 grand final and now in this final. Does it says more about the supply or him ?

He was 3 on 1 and getting scragged most of the game.

Adding to that he's not a gorilla forward - without decent supply (eagles ball movement was slow as treacle all game) he struggles.

Doggies were really impressive tonight. Quick, intense, relentless and very attacking. They looked to have their mojo back. Even big tom looked ok.

Kennedy unsighted in the '15 grand final and now in this final. Does it says more about the supply or him ?
Seemed to be a result of our zone defence, they didn't kick to him that often, and even rarer did he find himself one out. He worked hard to get into the game so I don't think anyone could complain too much about his performance.

Seemed to be a result of our zone defence, they didn't kick to him that often, and even rarer did he find himself one out. He worked hard to get into the game so I don't think anyone could complain too much about his performance.

Same. I thought he and Darling worked hard excluding a brain fade that happened to Darling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous amount of angst and gnashing of teeth on our board after that game. Didn't make sense to me. As Dahl just said we got a good hard look at Subiaco so it worked well for us

I mean look AFL teams are not going to come out and say in public that "We didnt try" etc etc. But it was obvious the Dogs were at half-pace and just "Having a look" at the narrow/long dimensions of Domain Stadium and as I said win or lose against Freo didnt matter - the Dogs were playing in Perth against the Eagles two weeks later, so their mind was all about the Eagles in Perth.

Ruckman reliant teams are just a disaster waiting to happen, historically ruckman are not all that durable compared to other positions. "But NN was injured" is not an excuse. It s a terrible model and they club paid for it today. Outside of Shuey and Gaff, no one else in the midfield can stand up. Need to delist/trade players who are not up to it not it like Yeo and Masten.

Can't blame Kennedy (yes I took a dig at him in the last), however the delivery all night was poor seeing he spent a fair whack of time chasing kicks in defence.

He was 3 on 1 and getting scragged most of the game.

Adding to that he's not a gorilla forward - without decent supply (eagles ball movement was slow as treacle all game) he struggles.

Gee, if Kennedy isn't a gorilla forward by today's standards, especially compared to the Bulldogs' undersized defense, who is?

Same. I thought he and Darling worked hard excluding a brain fade that happened to Darling.
Pre-game interviews with our boys they mentioned Kennedy has been the target 220 times going inside 50, Darling 130 times.
Bevo clearly did his homework and drilled the guys on how to stop him. Roberts has played mostf ot he year but was dropped with no obvious match up.

This is perhaps the biggest upset win I've seen from our boys, on par with the 2000 game against the undefeated Essendon.

Congrats to the bullies. Outplayed us in the contest. Can't win games if you show up not mentally switched on. Dogs were simply hungrier than we were and the umpires had zero baring on the game.

We need to recruit quality mids over fringe mids. No Nicnat for the whole of next year means our average midfield is gonna struggle like we did tonight.
Big offseason for the Eagles
Hill, Le cras, Wellingham - all need to be improved on
Would be talking to McCarthy to be third forward
Need something in the midfield. It's essentially Priddis with some runners and Hutchings tagging
Need a quality elite mid to come in and add something

Shout out to the 4.8% of you that backed the dogs by a lot. I hope you put your money where your mouth is.

And and Geelong / hawthorn. You'd better hope you win tomorrow night

Gee, if Kennedy isn't a gorilla forward by today's standards, especially compared to the Bulldogs' undersized defense, who is?

Gorilla in terms of beating others one on one - he relies on leading and marking for most of his goals. More Nick Riewoldt than Cloke if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back