Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is very well known in the eastern suburbs. When I was at Midland TAFE around 2000 pretty much every kid in the class had some funny story about some silly thing they had seen him do.. About a year later in Midland Gate I heard a bit of a commotion and a sort of screaming and barking, turned around and sure enough there is this bearded bloke pushing a bike.. Had never seen him before that or since though.

Think he is just some handicapped bloke that lives in the hills and for some reason rides some ridiculous kms all around Perth every day.
I did a lot of works on the railway lines when they electrified them, used to see him everywhere. Was always a highlight of the day watching him go off at some poor unsuspecting motorist.

I did a lot of works on the railway lines when they electrified them, used to see him everywhere. Was always a highlight of the day watching him go off at some poor unsuspecting motorist.
Probably an exaggeration but people told me he would do stuff like get up in the morning then ride down the hills then all the way to Fremantle and back in one day. He must be pretty fit..

Probably an exaggeration but people told me he would do stuff like get up in the morning then ride down the hills then all the way to Fremantle and back in one day. He must be pretty fit..
I'd see him down around Cottesloe a bit when I was working around there & it's said he lives around midland, so I'd believe that.

I remember being at lathlain train station after a demons wafl game in the mid 80s, and he rode down the platform screaming 'thanks for the ride, thanks for the ride, thanks for the ride, whoop, whoop whoop"

so loud.

i was 10 at the time. wondered what the hell was going on.
and here, 30 years later, its clear as crystal in my head that memory.

Did anyone else hear Clint Wheeldon ripping into that old bloke that was complaining about ABC sports talkback not talking about Moto racing?

Clint absolutely shut him down, he said if he you want to talk about motorbike racing then talk about it, don't just ring up and complain about it.

You could tell Clint didn't give a s**t about motorsports like me, Clint is good with AFL, soccer and rugby union, as a rugby union man he checks out.

I've never understood people who do that. It's talk back, if you want to raise a topic then raise it.

George Grljusich had no time for it either. But then he had no time for most things.

Yeah like Clint said people complain that all they do is talk about football on there but the majority of callers and listeners want football talk.

Not many people give a s**t about motorsport apart from the diehard motorsport fans and even calling it a sport is being generous, it's boring as batshit.

I think my roof is about to go..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We only average about 45mm the first 3 months of the year and got 30 or so. We're actually down for June/July/August and it doesn't feel like it.
Becuase we have been getting maybe a third of the long term average in recent years. This winter will be as wet as come into the future, the average has been trending down since the 70s I believe.

And our dams are still a 30%.

This is what annoys me - the water is obviously running somewhere. The problem is that we can't keep clearing land and building new subdivisions around our dams without expecting the run off to change. Seems to be common sense to me but maybe I've got it all wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back