List Mgmt. 2016 Free Agency/Trades/Draft thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the word from your board, does this Gibbs story sound like bullshit?

Yeah, thats the general consensus. Those in the know say its almost def B/S.

Personally, I reckon there sounds like there could be a trickle of truth in this one though.

My view re any trade starts at the assumption that we wont be a flag chance till 2020 at the earliest, so retaining over 26 year old players is a little pointless (barring having enough experience around the club to avoid what happened with Melbourne).

I use to laugh when people said the media got material from here. Until I heard Kane Cornes talking about Adelaide and a big fish on the trade talk podcast.
I swear Rowie and Bicks trawl here.

I've seen a few times people quote stuff Rowie has said on the radio that has copied verbatim stuff that I've posted eg earlier this year when Brouch was coming back I said on here "you don't run your group 1s in the country". Later that night someone quoted Rowie saying exactly the same thing (exact same terminology) on the radio that night. This has happened more than once over the years.

Would getting Gibbs and Hartlett and keeping our 1st round pick be considered a win?

I know its not what I would call a big fish but both would add enormous depth to the midfield and would add a new dynamic mix that combined probably would allow us to take that next step.

HH is not a midfielder, even the port supporters don't think he can play there.

When we are talking match winner is that not a good indication of Brownlow votes? As being in the best 3 on the ground
Gibbs snagged 13 or 14 votes this year in a crap team with another good mid in Cripps in there with him
Sloaney is a jet and stepped up this Yr to get 24
But last year Sloane got 4 votes and the year before 10 votes
And we know the caliber of him
Get Gibbs and Rocky and we are a very very good team

Would getting Gibbs and Hartlett and keeping our 1st round pick be considered a win?

I know its not what I would call a big fish but both would add enormous depth to the midfield and would add a new dynamic mix that combined probably would allow us to take that next step.
We will be giving up our first if we are getting Gibbs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we are talking match winner is that not a good indication of Brownlow votes? As being in the best 3 on the ground
Gibbs snagged 13 or 14 votes this year in a crap team with another good mid in Cripps in there with him
Sloaney is a jet and stepped up this Yr to get 24
But last year Sloane got 4 votes and the year before 10 votes
And we know the caliber of him
Get Gibbs and Rocky and we are a very very good team
Get Gibbs and Rocky and we are flag favourites.

I will be ecstatic with one.

Adelaide hasn't done very well with former Carlton players, so I don't see why they should do the Blues any favours at the trade table this time round.
Two former Crows are top 10 in your B&F and we basically gave one to you and the other you got for free.
Do you even humor Vhaluus? :)

Last edited:
If were so concerned about how strong this years draft is then why dont we trade our 2017 first rd pick for gibbs. Should be around the 14-19 range. I think thats fair for a 200 game player that is quality. If another gun mid is available (rockliff) we give up pick 13 and trade a player like lyons or cey to get into the start of the second rd. We need to have a crack at a premiership now.
That's the problem...this year's draft is probably the most even in years with depth in good prospective midfielders in particular probably up to late 2nd round .....next year looks to be even better with some standout talls available and SA in particular looks very strong with some really prospective prodigious talent in Callum Coleman-Jones, Darcy Fogarty, Nathan Kreuger, Lachlan Pascoe, Jackson Edwards, Andrew McPherson, Isaac Hewson and Tom Schmusch to name but a few.

TSR ......that logic makes no sense at all .....signs a 4 year longterm contract, club is obviously on the up and being well coached and managed, so Gibbs says "i'm outta here" :huh:

I'm sure as a Free Agent we enquired about Gibbs last season

I don't accept illogical arguments

Gibbs is contracted player and in this case it is not the player or the destination club that hold the cards

Like GWS last year Carlton don't have to trade and I doubt Gibbs will return home and step out of footy

If we want Gibbs it will cost us in a trade, if you can't understand this logic then I can't help you

TSR ......that logic makes no sense at all .....signs a 4 year longterm contract, club is obviously on the up and being well coached and managed, so Gibbs says "i'm outta here" :huh:

I'm sure as a Free Agent we enquired about Gibbs last season

I don't accept illogical arguments
Two years ago.

The Blues will expect Pick 13 and next year's first. Three years left on the contract. Senior player. B&F two year's ago.

Pick 13 + fringe will get laughed out of the room.
They wont be stupid it works for Carlton's age profile to trade him

13 + Lyons sounds painful for both teams and i would do the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back