Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade 1: Adelaide gain Rockliff, lose pick 13 and CEY
Trade 2: Adealide gain Gibbs and pick 54, lose 2017 1st and Grigg
Trade 3: Adealide gain pick 30, lose Lyons

Summary
Out: VB, Jaensch, Lowden, CEY, Lyons, Grigg, pick 13, 2017 1st
In: Rockliff, Gibbs, 30, 50, 54 and O'Brien
Possibly underselling Lyons slightly. Possibly bang on the money. One of the better suggestions I've seen - and all the more realistic, given that it doesn't involve Mackay or Douglas (neither of which have any chance at all of being traded).

Seriously Bicks, not worth that deal .....Gibbs is a solid #3 midfielder, he's not a game-winner
See, the thing with this is, what's the proof we'll get a game-winner with our first rounder? There's literally none.

Also, Gibbs can be a game winner - see the Carlton v Geelong game earlier this year

Possibly underselling Lyons slightly. Possibly bang on the money. One of the better suggestions I've seen - and all the more realistic, given that it doesn't involve Mackay or Douglas (neither of which have any chance at all of being traded).
To be fair if we do manage to get Gibbs and Rockliff we should be floating the idea to Douglas and Mackay that you won't be best 22 and would you consider moving for your careers sake. Win for them because they get game time and a better chance at their next contract and we get some value whilst we still can.

Maybe true on Lyons. I'd imagine that pick 30 (or slightly higher) may end up a bit lower as we'd probably have to top up one of the other deals a little.

See, the thing with this is, what's the proof we'll get a game-winner with our first rounder? There's literally none.

Also, Gibbs can be a game winner - see the Carlton v Geelong game earlier this year
And given his quality disposal and cool head who's to say he won't become a game change if he has Sloane, B.Crouch, M.Crouch and Rockliff giving him the ball to do whatever he wants.

To be fair if we do manage to get Gibbs and Rockliff we should be floating the idea to Douglas and Mackay that you won't be best 22 and would you consider moving for your careers sake. Win for them because they get game time and a better chance at their next contract and we get some value whilst we still can.
Would like to see this, but knowing us, it'd be extremely likely we keep them as depth and let their value rot away. :/

Trade 1: Adelaide gain Rockliff, lose pick 13 and CEY
Trade 2: Adealide gain Gibbs and pick 54, lose 2017 1st and Grigg
Trade 3: Adealide gain pick 30, lose Lyons

Summary
Out: VB, Jaensch, Lowden, CEY, Lyons, Grigg, pick 13, 2017 1st
In: Rockliff, Gibbs, 30, 50, 54 and O'Brien

I agree with Vader here that this is the most likely situation. I'd be hoping for a pick in the mid-20s for Lyons though.

While there's no chance of it happening, this is the last trade period we could possibly get value for Douglas and Mackay. We should, but won't, move them on.

He's also contracted till 2019, all reports indicate he's happy to stay in any event, and there are two clubs in SA we would be talking to.

Turned 27 this year, 200 gamer, BnF winner, numerous top 5 finishes in same, averages 27 (quality) disposals per game. He's A grade talent (not Elite though; I reserve that for the likes of Judd, Hodge, Danger, GAJ etc).

If you guys think you're in a premiership window over the next 5 years, then adding him to your side is a no-brainer.

Personally, and I know I'll get howled down for this, but I would have though a pick around the 10 mark would be ball park, so we would at least have a 50/50 chance of getting someone as good (but younger).

I'd cough up pick 10 for him if I was in your clubs position in a heartbeat. Maybe thats just me.

This I agree with, our 1st round pick (14) which would leave Carlton with two 1st rounders, Gibbs to Adelaide while in Premiership window, win-win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gibbs and Rockliff would be replacing Thompson & Lyons. Don't really see how it has any impact at all on the fates of Douglas or Mackay.

On a side note, with regard to your response Malifice I think Lynch's worth is higher than you're suggesting, being a 2 and 20 a game half forward with plenty of years left but then I guess I would say that :D

To be honest mate, I havent seen much of the Crows this year (unless you blokes are playing Freo or the Dockers, we dont get your games televised here in WA).

It was just a name that got tossed up earlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If were so concerned about how strong this years draft is then why dont we trade our 2017 first rd pick for gibbs. Should be around the 14-19 range. I think thats fair for a 200 game player that is quality. If another gun mid is available (rockliff) we give up pick 13 and trade a player like lyons or cey to get into the start of the second rd. We need to have a crack at a premiership now.

Seriously Bicks, not worth that deal .....Gibbs is a solid #3 midfielder, he's not a game-winner
We need to build a team of very good to elite mids.

So far we've got Sloane who is elite.
Brad hopefully will be elite but needs to have a big 2017.
Matt is becoming very good.
If we get Gibbs that's another very good to elite mid on his day.

Add one more quality mid to that lot and we can be serious contenders in 2017.

Hopefully the rise of Knight and Milera/Menzel impacts the fate of Douglas and Mackay
That would be the ideal situation. It remains to be seen whether Menzel or Milera can lift their game to the required level. Knight is a good chance of displacing Mackay in 2017, given a full pre-season.

To be honest mate, I havent seen much of the Crows this year (unless you blokes are playing Freo or the Dockers, we dont get your games televised here in WA).

It was just a name that got tossed up earlier.
What's the word from your board, does this Gibbs story sound like bullshit?

Gibbs and Rockliff would be replacing Thompson & Lyons. Don't really see how it has any impact at all on the fates of Douglas or Mackay.
My point is if we don't get them Douglas and Mackay play out of necessity for midfielder shortage and Thompson getting towards the end. If we are to get better these two need to be replaced by Milera, Hampton, Menzel, Seedsman, Knight etc of higher quality potential and it's possible for them to be replaced as we don't need them to cover the load Thompson and Lyons don't provide that a Rockliff or Gibbs could.
It's team balance. We play the two we have because we lack that quality in the midfield, they are Jack of all trades players, masters of none. If we bring in Gibbs and Rockliff all of a sudden we can bring in specific talents like Menzels goal nous or Hamptons speed and evasiveness or Mileras elite disposal.

That would be the ideal situation. It remains to be seen whether Menzel or Milera can lift their game to the required level. Knight is a good chance of displacing Mackay in 2017, given a full pre-season.
Reckon Knight replaces Douglas. Will play the same midfield/HF role. Has the capabilities to play off a wing, and has the toughness to go in the contest (better off a wing though IMO).

Milera, when fully developed, will be better than Mackay. His boot, agility, run and carry and goalsense will make him a very good wingman/HF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back