Opinion What DON'T you like about NMFC?

Remove this Banner Ad

The way that they upgraded my membership without asking or telling me, which I only figured out a year down the track. Was only $20 so not worth arguing about but I really resent that I have to 'keep an eye out' on my club the same way that I would Telstra.

That's kinda the point though yeah?

Lowballing opens the door to the idea of leaving.

I see Pickering as being someone who is quite good at getting the best possible deal for his clients, the means I may not agree with (Wood getting an offer from Sydney etc). We should just be more vigilant with his clients.
Are they low balling player with this intention in mind?

All but 2 contracts I can think of have been handled with a minimum of fuss and with players clearly happy with the financial aspect.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I don't like how flaky we have become. No repercussions for dishing up softness.

I like accountability. I don't recall ever being so annoyed with selection under Laidley or Pagan.

Hey all, first post, thought I may as well make it a whinge :D

I've been following North for about 15 years, I have had this feel over that period that North are pretty insignificant. I'm not sure if it is because we have not really had a lot of success over that time. Even the last two prelim's it didn't really feel like we were a good chance, just that we were there but making up the numbers almost. It really grates me that the club doesn't seem to strike any fear into anyone. To opposition fans I feel like North are an afterthought.

Also whoever mentioned earlier in this thread about the blue jumper with white stripes, am also not a big fan of it.

What I don't like is that the club is rarely mentioned as a "destination" club that young players want to come to with an expectation of playing and winning finals. What we have at the moment is a club that older players who have played their best football and can still play good football but not great football. We need a marquee player who can generate real enthusiasm.

Not sure if it's what i hate about Norh or what i hate about footy these days. I remember as a young bloke, yeah ok I'm an old fart, that I'd know bugger all about what was coming up for round 1! I always had the unrelenting, unflinching idea that we were gunna flog everyone every week. Nowadays I've got every man and his dog telling me what's happening 5 months before round 1 and why i shouldn't bother!

But anyway! """" em! Go North! I dont care what the media flogs tell me, I'll always believe!

What I don't like is that the club is rarely mentioned as a "destination" club that young players want to come to with an expectation of playing and winning finals. What we have at the moment is a club that older players who have played their best football and can still play good football but not great football. We need a marquee player who can generate real enthusiasm.

I've got this funny feeling a trio of brown, wood and Majak up forward could create that. I've got this funny feeling it could be a tex, Jenkins, lynch combo, but an actual good one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That has more to do with you than North - and it is sad.

Whats going so well at the moment and there is to like? Winning 2 of our last 13? Sacking club legends? Brad Scott? Captain kickless?

Actually I know what I like - Lindsay. That's it.

16 years of watching other teams have fun today.

I thought the gap from 77 to 96 was painful.

This is worse

Well it could be worse. My Dad is 64 and a Bulldogs supporter. He doesn't remember a grand final, at least until later today.

Every time I see Gran, for basically my whole life, she says "I saw the Bulldogs last grand final, but I left your Dad at home because he was only 2. I always regretted that, but I figured he would have a chance to see another".

So anyway, today aside it could be a lot worse. And I don't think we were making up numbers in our prelims, especially last year. Umpiring was even who knows what could have happened. If it was reversed, I reckon we would have snuck home.

Well it could be worse. My Dad is 64 and a Bulldogs supporter. He doesn't remember a grand final, at least until later today.

Every time I see Gran, for basically my whole life, she says "I saw the Bulldogs last grand final, but I left your Dad at home because he was only 2. I always regretted that, but I figured he would have a chance to see another".

So anyway, today aside it could be a lot worse. And I don't think we were making up numbers in our prelims, especially last year. Umpiring was even who knows what could have happened. If it was reversed, I reckon we would have snuck home.

The problem that has been created is that dynasties have been created.

Ideally we want to see two different teams every year play off.

How in this AFL era...post 1990..we end up with teams 3 peating...one year in...one year out...back again to win beggars belief.

The problem that has been created is that dynasties have been created.

Ideally we want to see two different teams every year play off.

How in this AFL era...post 1990..we end up with teams 3 peating...one year in...one year out...back again to win beggars belief.

True true.

And this might sound a bit "conspiracy theory" but I think Etihad surface has a lot more to do with inability to attract free agents than people think. "Oh Collingwood, Essendon are destination clubs because they are rich" "Hawks and Cats are successful" "Roos, saints, dogs" can't compete.

Well Roos saints and dogs play 16 games a year on a surface that every play says causes pain afterwards, instead of 4. Especially Jaeger, why would he come with an ongoing knee issue?

#conspiracytheory

Whats going so well at the moment and there is to like? Winning 2 of our last 13? Sacking club legends? Brad Scott? Captain kickless?

Actually I know what I like - Lindsay. That's it.

Starting a new era.
Tarrant
Ben Brown, Majak, Wood
Luke McDonald
Dumont and Clarke coming through
Durdin and McKay getting opportunities
Turner and Garner coming back

Hard to see Cunnington and Swallow having seasons like that again, they will get back to the norm.

Ziebell taking on capataincy.

Deadwood in Nahas, Ray off the list.

Chance to go hard at the draft.

Then again you could just disappear until we start pushing top 4 again. I think there is a term for that.

16 years of watching other teams have fun today.

I thought the gap from 77 to 96 was painful.

This is worse
Until this year i thought we were on the way back. Now i'm despondent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back