List Mgmt. Trade Period 2016 - The Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky is staying if you're assuming that the club is looking for a maximum return, which may not be the case. Still in the wait and see category.
I dont think Rocky's future will be seen until next week. Fagan needs to make an informed decision and move from there, but word is there isnt a lot of interest.

I get that by doing 4, 6 and 8 for pick 2, the Suns get pick 2 AND Bowes. But then they don't have the picks to for Bowes. So it screws the rest of their draft, and probably pushes back their first rounder next year too, especially if Scheer gets bid on in the first round.

Otherwise, I'd say it possibly favours us a bit too much.
Hanley for pick 8.
Pick 2 + 19 not worth picks 4 + 6.
For it to go ahead, it might involve a couple of pick swaps in the 2nd and 3rd to bulk up GC's academy points.

That said, apparently (online forum - zero reliability) picks 19 and 21 could be packaged up for Carlton's 5. I struggle to see how, but that's a rumour.
CG would still have picks 19,22,23,25 & 29 that should be enough to get both there academy picks.
Another team looking to trade back could be St Kilda. They need at pick late rd 1 or early rd 2 for Jack Steele. Could we package two of our 19, 21 or 30 for pick 10.

Last edited:
CG would still have picks 19,22,23,25 & 29 that should be enough to get both there academy picks.
Another team looking to trade back could be St Kilda. They need at pick late rd 1 or early rd 2 for Jack Steele. Could we package two of our 19, 21 or 30 for pick 10.
Can they still use all those picks to match bids, or do they become hidden picks? I know there was a loophole to the rule for this year, just not fully across it.

Cotter, I think it's fair to say that everyone on this forum is well aware you think Rocky is staying at the lions.

He's asked us to put it in the thread title just to make sure, but we feel it'll start getting a bit crowded after others want to take advantage of it too.

Can they still use all those picks to match bids, or do they become hidden picks? I know there was a loophole to the rule for this year, just not fully across it.
i'm sure they can use them this year as they acquired most of them last year before the rule was changed.

Pick 2 + Hanley for Pick 4 and 6 (assuming Prestia trade). I think that values Hanley around a pick 12 which is fair for both parties IMO.

Pick 19 + 21 for Pick 8 + 42.

Lions = Pick 4, 6, 8, 30, 42, 49
Suns = Pick 2, 19, 21, 22, 23, 25, 29

Suns will easily be able to match bids for their academy players and have plenty of currency to trade for mature mids such as Swallow etc. or flexibility to trade up for another high pick if they want. Also get access to elite talent before Bowes.

Lions get the 3 x top 10 picks and the much needed top 10 talent into this squad. Got enough currency to match for Allison and Watson you would think as well. Would really like a pick in the late teens or early twenties though. Gardiner maybe?

Pick 2 + Hanley for Pick 4 and 6 (assuming Prestia trade). I think that values Hanley around a pick 12 which is fair for both parties IMO.

Suns will easily be able to match bids for their academy players and have plenty of currency to trade for mature mids such as Swallow etc. or flexibility to trade up for another high pick if they want. Also get access to elite talent before Bowes.

Lions get the 3 x top 10 picks and the much needed top 10 talent into this squad. Got enough currency to match for Allison and Watson you would think as well. Would really like a pick in the late teens or early twenties though. Gardiner maybe?
We had one and you traded it out;)

yeah i like it, i think multiple top 10 picks would be a great start for us. We have good young talls at both ends and another one coming in next year in Ballenden. I would love 3 young midfielders coming in this year.

Last edited:
Derek Hine just said on TWR that Brisbane and Collingwood have essentially agreed to terms on Frost and that it will be done in the next 24 hours.
you would think 49 or 58 should get it done

395a10283b66e0409f14345ffafa00fa.jpg

Derek Hine just said on TWR that Brisbane and Collingwood have essentially agreed to terms on Frost and that it will be done in the next 24 hours.

Rockliff for Frost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just reported on Trade Radio that Collingwood has inquired about Rockliff

Collingwood's 2017 first rounder would be handy but could they trade it?

Then we could use it to get an extra top 10 pick this year from GC or GWS.

Just ait for the rush of Pies fans now.

It's be Rocky for some variation Frost/Oxley/O'Keefe/Thomas

Collingwood's 2017 first rounder would be handy but could they trade it?

Then we could use it to get an extra top 10 pick this year from GC or GWS.
They can, but then wouldn't be able to trade their 2018 first rounder I think. Must use first round pick at the draft 2 out of every 4 years I think?

They can, but then wouldn't be able to trade their 2018 first rounder I think. Must use first round pick at the draft 2 out of every 4 years I think?

They don't have one this year and didn't have one last year IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back