FTA-TV The Block 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what's going to happen with the area next to apartment 1? Are they going to do a joint build as they did in the last season? As there's a whole another apartment on the first floor we've heard little about.

It will be a "surprise" build and will get done in a "week" and ch.9 will make some money back selling it

How are the boys allowed to continue to have a builder going unpaid?
I doubt the block would give a s**t if the *tradies worked for nothing,

Smart move though, I would employ him any day over the other hard done by whingers who are getting free publicity with just under one million viewers per episode. Seriously, some of those tradies are as dumb as dog s**t

* Last week if you looked in the background Dan's three boys were labouring. No doubt all free

Take away the awesome automation and bling of the appliances of Juila and Sasha's kitchen, and it was just so so

Disagree personally, thought the layout was first class. Flowed from their previous rooms. The only one i hated was Kim and Chris'...it looked cheap.

No room was a 10/10 though personally.

You always feel the judges go over the top with Kitchens because they know it will help bidding on auction day and also so much of the work is done by sponsors not the contestants.

I liked Will and Karlie's kitchen the best, Dan and Carleen's was nice but looked at bit to hotel like for mine.

Julia and Sasha let themselves down with the small island bench. What was with we didn't have enough time? Just admit it was a mistake not to make it bigger.

The boys kitchen had to many colours. Kim and Chris was a bit mix and match too......Kim did a great job of measuring. Sick of Chris sooking about judges comments, its not primary school were everyone has to be nice and get a gold star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was 2.6m long, how big do you want it? I mean, seriously, I thought the island benches were too big in the other apartments.

The others were 3.5 to 4m, in the girls apartment if you looked to the left it seemed to have a lot of space between between the island bench and cabinets.

It's hard to gauge porportions on tv.

Still gave it plenty of space to make dinner.

Agreed and lets face facts in a million dollar apartment you are rarely using the kitchen other than for gatherings. You will get more use out of the fancy appliances than a dishwasher! People that buy these apartments have money- they are not cooking dinner at home!

People that buy these apartments have money- they are not cooking dinner at home!

Maybe, more like they are not cooking dinner because they have a private chef to do it for them. Why do you need a huge bench top when you have a big dining table a few meters away if the purpose is for entertainment?

Maybe, more like they are not cooking dinner because they have a private chef to do it for them.

Bingo, and then having the fancy aplliances to cook with and look at helps. Not as if the kitchen was small. I like how if you wanted to you can still add a table or a breakfast bar if you wanted to after you bought the place.

Personally I wouldn't want one of these apartments anyway. My modest house already has something over them, and that is two living areas, separated from the kitchen and dining, thats without even getting in to other apartment drawbacks like a yard, etc.

Kitchens sell houses. Pfft.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Looked like Kim and Chris were struggling to fit comfortably on the girls island bench

Remove this Banner Ad

Back