Preview Round 1 2017 - Essendon hosting Melbourne on a Friday night

Remove this Banner Ad

"Most" means "greatest in amount".

You've had ten Round 1 games in Melbourne from 2000.

You've had seven Round 1 games interstate from 2000.

Ten is a greater number than seven.

If you can't understand the nuances of context when using your native tongue then you're in real trouble.

Pretty good Wilba, yours?

10 out of 17 games in Melbourne and 1 out of the last 4, whats the problem here old son?
10 out of 17 round 1 games in Melbourne since 2000. 10 games in Melbourne 7 interstate. Now where have you played the most round 1 games - Melbourne or interstate?

Hang on - you do know what most means?

By my reckoning, Essendon and Hawthorn haven't met this early in March since 1985 at VFL Park.

That day, the match, fixtured for Round 3, was moved as part of the Victoria 150 celebrations.

The match was held on Saturday, March 23.

Result:

Essendon 17.12.114
Hawthorn 15.10.100
We've played rd2 games
One where Cyril kicked the late winner and another where hooker did
Cannot recall a Rd 1 game, so we're overdue to play a big club in rd1 in melbourne to get the season started in style....

In whose delusional world is Melbourne vs Essendon more enticing than Essendon V Hawthorn?
Both are the teams outside Essendon I watch most
Normally I'd say the Melbourne game is more enticing. Such a predictably unpredictable game.
But nu-Hawks and possibly jaeger, I'm keen for the Hawks clash next year

1. Id argue the hawks are your number 1 for pure hatred. And until recent years, you were there's.

Nah, we love beating the Hawks, we love reliving the great matches of the past but we tend to respect Hawthorn (begrudgingly) more than hate them.

We keep the hate for the scum.

Hawthorn fans can please themselves on who they like or hate.

Nah, we love beating the Hawks, we love reliving the great matches of the past but we tend to respect Hawthorn (begrudgingly) more than hate them.

We keep the hate for the scum.

Hawthorn fans can please themselves on who they like or hate.
Really? I have a pure, unadulterated hatred for both. Sure, I sort of respect Hawthorn but that doesn't dilute the hatred.

Really? I have a pure, unadulterated hatred for both. Sure, I sort of respect Hawthorn but that doesn't dilute the hatred.

Which is why I used the term begrudgingly, beating the Hawks and reminding them that we have a 2-1 record in GF against them is as enjoyable as beating the scum.

"Most" means "greatest in amount".

You've had ten Round 1 games in Melbourne from 2000.

You've had seven Round 1 games interstate from 2000.

Ten is a greater number than seven.

There's 8 possible opponents interstate, compared to 9. Against those 8 opponents, those games could have been home games but they weren't.

10 out of 17 round 1 games in Melbourne since 2000. 10 games in Melbourne 7 interstate. Now where have you played the most round 1 games - Melbourne or interstate?

Hang on - you do know what most means?

You aren't very good at taking things in context are you William?

If a team was 10 - 7 would you be going around saying they had won most games they had played?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's Round 1. Automatically all fans of all clubs are interested. Why waste that emotion/investment on a big game that will get the same attention no matter what round it's played?

Surely it's better to get the so-called "snore-fests" out of the way first?

Sidebar, might be worth actually watching COL v WB from last season - both games. Each were absolute crackers.

Surely they could have given at least one of those prime time games to a decent match, maybe even featuring a team from outside of Melbourne.

Alright technically yes they have but lets put this in context, would you really go and say that they had won most games?
Are you for real? Would I go around saying it?? I wouldn't have to - it's obvious they have. There is no context - it's a fact.

Do you watch the NFL - a team could be 9 wins 8 losses and they are seen as having a winning record.

There's 8 possible opponents interstate, compared to 9. Against those 8 opponents, those games could have been home games but they weren't.
Yes, but you have still played most of your Round 1 games in Melbourne recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back