Rumour Someone in the AFL out to Get Eddie?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes this comes from Slobbo but I thought it was worth talking about.

SO IF This is True. AFL Knew this for a Year(Shows the AFL Hides a lot of Stuff) but soon as Gubby get's Appointed this is Fed out to Media(Caro) who is a Very Well Know Eddie Hater. So she can just love Writing all this Anti-Eddie and Collingwood News.

I agree Eddie done the Wrong Thing Hiring Allan when I say he knew about it but not excuse the AFL hiding it and only coming out with it soon as Ed/Collingwood get Involved

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/c834376dfc282ab354ed54c8eb97c728
I have no idea who might have leaked the story within hours of Gubby's appointment. What I do find interesting is that TD's use of capital letters has gone into overdrive in the OP to this thread, perhaps reflecting his hatred of Caro and his anger at the error made in hiring Allan. Love your passion, Dave!

I have no idea who might have leaked the story within hours of Gubby's appointment. What I do find interesting is that TD's use of capital letters has gone into overdrive in the OP to this thread, perhaps reflecting his hatred of Caro and his anger at the error made in hiring Allan. Love your passion, Dave!
No emoticons. Disappointing once again. This after a very poor tradeweek where he couldn't even get one single welcome thread started. Delist.

Has an alibi apparantly

IMG_0693.JPG

Not sure I understand why its a bullet aimed at Eddie. It only targets Eddie directly if the rumour that he appointed Allan without appropriate consultation with the board/whoever was required is true. I doubt that rumour. Its more a broadside at the pies. I have no doubt Eddie has enemies and I think this is one of the issues we have to deal with as our president has grown over the past 17 years into a very tall poppy. Who should be in everyone's sights is the AFL.

Then should the Board and who ever helped made the Descion also be on very shaky Grounds then?

It was his ex girlfriend who leaked the story wasn't it?

She lit the fuse M G but the AFL put the kerosine on the fire.

Without the kerosine the fire would have burnt out.

Unfortunately there's an endless list of suspects. Making enemies seems to be one of Ed's strengths.
As Churchill said. If you make enemies, at least you have stood for something.
It is one thing for us tinfoil hat BF-ers to notice but for Slobbo to write something like that.
However there is one option that hasn't been mentioned. Was it really leaked at that time or was it leaked ages ago and the journo waited for it to publish when the time was ripe. It is more likely the latter that as soon as Gubby joined, the story was leaked but it needed the right occasion to be aired.
A nice job if you ask me. Aimed at Eddie I don't know. Although Caro is very eager as usual to make it all about Collingwood, she would have done so anyway.
Add that to the drugs story last year, it looks like this only the beginning. A anniversary is a fantastic chance to let our club implode.
I feel sorry for my less stable fellow BF-ers.

It is one thing for us tinfoil hat BF-ers to notice but for Slobbo to write something like that.
However there is one option that hasn't been mentioned. Was it really leaked at that time or was it leaked ages ago and the journo waited for it to publish when the time was ripe. It is more likely the latter that as soon as Gubby joined, the story was leaked but it needed the right occasion to be aired.
A nice job if you ask me. Aimed at Eddie I don't know. Although Caro is very eager as usual to make it all about Collingwood, she would have done so anyway.
Add that to the drugs story last year, it looks like this only the beginning. A anniversary is a fantastic chance to let our club implode.

The Whole AFL be in Massive Trouble with Drugs. Just not Collingwood

The Whole AFL be in Massive Trouble with Drugs. Just not Collingwood
True but as a club we have been most vocal, we had the high (pun intended) profile player Swan in our ranks, 2 players suspended and of course the made up story from last year and rumours floating about for years.
Compares to other clubs we are the best target for a drugs story. Although GCS would have been good too, a brave journp that wants to risk his AFL license by writing about an expansion club.
And if a person in the middle of a drug scandal becomes our manager, bingo.
The way the AFL forced the deal stinks too.
If Gubby didn't accept, 4 yrs for Lambert and Whitfield. Gubby is 62, he can't give a toss about his future but for the others it is end of career. Certainly for Whitfield.
But like Clinton an her mail server: Doesn’t matter who spilled the beans and when, he had put himself in that position and made it worse with the extensive cover up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While we are on the conspiracy theories, do you think Eddie employed Gubby to clean house so that when he goes after the AFL and GWS/Sydney we have a clean house. This simply AFL firing a shot across the bow as a warning?

While we are on the conspiracy theories, do you think Eddie employed Gubby to clean house so that when he goes after the AFL and GWS/Sydney we have a clean house. This simply AFL firing a shot across the bow as a warning?
Gubby was employed to sort out the Bucks coaching saga, whether that be to re-employ or find a new one end 2017.

Yes this comes from Slobbo but I thought it was worth talking about.

SO IF This is True. AFL Knew this for a Year(Shows the AFL Hides a lot of Stuff) but soon as Gubby get's Appointed this is Fed out to Media(Caro) who is a Very Well Know Eddie Hater. So she can just love Writing all this Anti-Eddie and Collingwood News.

I agree Eddie done the Wrong Thing Hiring Allan when I say he knew about it but not excuse the AFL hiding it and only coming out with it soon as Ed/Collingwood get Involved

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...e/news-story/c834376dfc282ab354ed54c8eb97c728
FFS Robbo it's spelled 'drawer' not 'draw'. Normally correcting people's spelling is a terrible fault but isn't 'writer' somewhere in his job title?

Sounds like Robbo is pissed someone beat him to the headline.

I agree with you Q. The AFL allowed this story to get to the media just like they allowed the number of illicit drug testers to hit the media on the eve of last season. The only difference is that the story didn't get to Slobbo this time. What is evident is that the AFL is trying to weaken us, and in particular Ed. I'm pissed off with Ed for the whole Gubby fiasco and still believe a succession plan needs to be put in place over the next couple of years. But right now though it is time to close ranks and to stick together.

F*ck the AFL!

I agree with you Q. The AFL allowed this story to get to the media just like they allowed the number of illicit drug testers to hit the media on the eve of last season. The only difference is that the story didn't get to Slobbo this time. What is evident is that the AFL is trying to weaken us, and in particular Ed. I'm pissed off with Ed for the whole Gubby fiasco and still believe a succession plan needs to be put in place over the next couple of years. But right now though it is time to close ranks and to stick together.!
What about a succession plan with Ed transitioning to Mick Malthouse?
As president Mick would be more taciturn with the media, would know football, been in a few teams premiership window, is familiar with the Holden Centre.
Best of all can even act as a mentor or trusted advisor for the coach.
What could possibly go wrong?

(I'll see myself out :D)

I agree with you Q. The AFL allowed this story to get to the media just like they allowed the number of illicit drug testers to hit the media on the eve of last season. The only difference is that the story didn't get to Slobbo this time. What is evident is that the AFL is trying to weaken us, and in particular Ed. I'm pissed off with Ed for the whole Gubby fiasco and still believe a succession plan needs to be put in place over the next couple of years. But right now though it is time to close ranks and to stick together.
F*ck the AFL!
I'm not a big fan of a succession plan which puts Ed in a king maker role. Announce his planned retirement by such and such a date and stay out of it would be the desired course of action. If the bf gossip of a yes Ed board is true then its not just the presidency that needs to change.

Not sure what Ed stood for when he made the "jokes" about drowning Caro? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though and say perhaps he was saying that society has a witch problem and we need to bring back witch trials?

Not sure what Ed stood for when he made the "jokes" about drowning Caro? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though and say perhaps he was saying that society has a witch problem and we need to bring back witch trials?

Witch player will win the two minute time trial?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back