Arts & Humanities The Things That Make You Sad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How many of you truly understand what it's like to lose everything. Everything -- shelter, family, friends, money, sense of belonging to the world itself, sanity, heart, self itself?

The silence after this post in this thread

Dark cloud emoji?

Just watched the last ever episode of Mythbusters on SBS on Demand. One TV show I really enjoyed, and always wished I could be a part of.

I used t watch and re-watch early episodes just to drool over their tools and workshop set-up.

Yeah I know. Suffered really badly this year when I left my job. Ok now. Just feeling really down today.

Chin up buddy.

Yeah I know. Suffered really badly this year when I left my job. Ok now. Just feeling really down today.

Chin up buddy.

And the same to you!

I've had anxiety for many years but it's particularly bad at the moment - also work-related.

All the best, Perth gal. You're certainly not alone! :)

EDIT:

Same I had it pretty bad a few months ago ended up in hospital. Get your mind onto something else if possible.

And also to you, WCErevival. All the very best. :)

I find I'm happier during the week as I have the routine of work , it's on the weekend my insecurities loom, reminds me of what I don't have . Even when I'm busy ...

This this might sound corny to some people.
What is making me sad is one of my dogs who once had heaps of life chasing tennis balls,going for walks,going to the beach,going to the park all the things dogs like.
Is now more of bed ridden dog who can't run he's tennis ball days are over,going for longish walks are over.

The vets said one of his hip bones is out of wack,upper back near the tail the spinal bones are fused together and has advanced arthritis.
I don't understand how a active dog I was taking for long walks afew weeks ago that showed no pain or anything goes to show things can turn around pretty fast.
The old bugger has adjusted pretty well living inside getting looked after,getting his medi twice a day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find I'm happier during the week as I have the routine of work , it's on the weekend my insecurities loom, reminds me of what I don't have . Even when I'm busy ...

Maybe consider taking up sports on the weekend or look at social events for the interests you have in life.

Im sorry to hear you feel down. At the very least you can sit on here all day and night. There is always someone around in another timezone.

How many of you truly understand what it's like to lose everything. Everything -- shelter, family, friends, money, sense of belonging to the world itself, sanity, heart, self itself?

Never experience loss of shelter. Had a partner that did. It was the most saddest thing I have heard to worry you have no place to lay your head down safely and comfortably at night. Broke my heart hearing that.

Never experience loss of shelter. Had a partner that did. It was the most saddest thing I have heard to worry you have no place to lay your head down safely and comfortably at night. Broke my heart hearing that.
While there are many fake bums out there, who beg for a living kind of. There are many many more who are legitimate. Either mental illness, drug or gambling addiction. Still sad, but it's their fault too. But the saddest ones are when you're just a young boy, and teen, and having to do that because you have no one.

This this might sound corny to some people.
What is making me sad is one of my dogs who once had heaps of life chasing tennis balls,going for walks,going to the beach,going to the park all the things dogs like.
Is now more of bed ridden dog who can't run he's tennis ball days are over,going for longish walks are over.

The vets said one of his hip bones is out of wack,upper back near the tail the spinal bones are fused together and has advanced arthritis.
I don't understand how a active dog I was taking for long walks afew weeks ago that showed no pain or anything goes to show things can turn around pretty fast.
The old bugger has adjusted pretty well living inside getting looked after,getting his medi twice a day.
The bugger can't use any of his back legs now,can't stand up to eat,can't stand up to s**t or wee.
I might have to get him a set of wheels to use for legs.

On the marerick Watts show 2 guys rang up and said they lost everything to gambling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back