MVP North Melbourne Board's Poster of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

9 games in 1951 and 1952. Kicked a nice goal against Fitzroy at Brunswick Street one day. Surprised you weren't aware of him.

Horace was there with his grandkids.

I'm sure he'll be able to regale you with stories of this bygone era.

5 Camerons, 1 Oscar and 6 Matthews. You've been holding pissy stuff like that against me all year?!?!?

(Cameron Delaney, Richardson, Mooney, Pedersen and Thurley. Oscar Skalberg. Matthew Larkin, Armstrong, Campbell, Riggio, Capuano and Burton)
Honourable mention right there. ;) You're quality MM. :thumbsu: (For Arden, your quality MM).

Edit: 31 minutes to go through the 'ledgers' too. Not bad.

Apology NOT accepted!

As soon as the campaigner names half the board and then leaves us off with some s**t arse apology...well what else is there to do but say...

... well done on these top posters kangaspurs, King Corey, Thewlis Dish, see see, Shermanator, Shintemaster, Frank Thring, hilly, naturally north, muttley45, Heaps of Fun, passmore, SMaturin, roos_fanatic08, Hojuman, Flawed Genius, LuvtheKangas and, of course, my co-conspirator, The Other Dean, Arjen the Great, Arden and BTron.

Oh, and IUB, you were highly rated til the excecution.

Soz Kimbo, you weren't rated this year, just sayin.

That's all good....

sid-james-comedian-king-c-396943.jpg

Wow.

I've only just noticed that spelling now. This changes everything.

Was it always like that Marstermind?

Yep. Mars-termind. Named after the old quiz they used to have on the Footy Show. I've been the reigning title holder since 2004. YouTube it and you'll see the face behind the vastly underrated (going by this thread) posts.

Ohhhhhh Lord !!!

Welcome to the annual edition of the boys club !!!!

3 Votes - To my best friend on Big footy

2 Votes - To my other friend on Big Footy

1 Vote - To that guy I don't know but I disagreed with once accidentally but promise i won't again.

I also wish to acknowledge all my other friends i couldn't put in the above votes just in case they get annoyed with me for not mentioning them.

Signed

The Boys Club !!!

Yep. Mars-termind. Named after the old quiz they used to have on the Footy Show. I've been the reigning title holder since 2004. YouTube it and you'll see the face behind the vastly underrated (going by this thread) posts.
Excellent. Always good to see North beat Richmond.

What did the other bloke score? The video cuts off during his round.

Excellent. Always good to see North beat Richmond.

What did the other bloke score? The video cuts off during his round.

I know. I got 19. He was on track but passed on a couple and then guessed. As soon as he got 2 wrong they stopped and I got the big novelty cheque.

Ohhhhhh Lord !!!

1 Vote - To that guy I don't know but I disagreed with once accidentally but promise i won't again.

I also wish to acknowledge all my other friends i couldn't put in the above votes just in case they get annoyed with me for not mentioning them.

Signed

The Boys Club !!!
I think you'll find it's the giantroo club.

Ohhhhhh Lord !!!

Signed

The Boys Club !!!

Hey never made the side and I wont lose sleep over it. I suppose been given up for adoption by your mother gives you a certain perspective over online best 22's value and what really matters in life.......... be thanful you're breathing and be happy....... just sayin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wat did you spend it on?

How long did it take for the real cheque to arrive by the way?

Mrs.Marstermind and I were pretty boring. We went on a holiday to NZ and the rest went into our recently acquired mortgage. It took ages for the real cheque to come. I seem to remember it came after we'd returned from NZ and took a couple of calls to Ch9 to find out when it would arrive.

Mrs.Marstermind and I were pretty boring. We went on a holiday to NZ and the rest went into our recently acquired mortgage. It took ages for the real cheque to come. I seem to remember it came after we'd returned from NZ and took a couple of calls to Ch9 to find out when it would arrive.
So you couldn't take the big cheque to the bank? Disappointing.

Will novelty cheques die out now a generation has never seeen an actual cheque, btw?

Hello guys and girls, it is that time of the year again and I thought I'll get this thread up and running seem there's still a few of us left looking at the rookies thread.

Simple 3-2-1 vote system, three votes for the poster you rate most, 2 for the second best poster and 1 for the third best poster. Try to avoid voting for yourself and only three posters can be nominated, so no sharing votes.

You can leave a rationale as well as honourable mentions, but that is completely up to you guys and girls.

This thread will be open for two weeks and at the end of the two weeks, the votes will be tallied and giantroo, I mean, the POTY will be announced.

I'll start us off:

3 votes - Giantroo, simply, this guy puts the most effort in this board, even more than the moderators and he has deserved his previous North Board POTY wins.

2 votes - Tas, a very underrated poster for mine and I have really enjoyed reading his lengthy parables and sermons in multiple football and political threads throughout the year.

1 vote - Gasometer, this guy is what I would call a legend of the North board and his work this year with gameday threads and complete randomness and support of North has seen him clinch a vote here. Kudos Gaso.

HM: The Other Dean, Twinkletoes (I don't give votes to mods, otherwise you would have polled), King Corey, Nate7, Quivorir, The Filth Wizard, the big lebowski (thoughts are with you and your family still mate), Phillyroo, RobZombie, kangaspurs, Pykie and the ever reliable B Tron (who was close to a vote for top posting as always). And for anyone I missed, I apologise, Gaso still hasn't got me a pen and paper, but thanks for a fun year, despite the on-field messiness of it all.

Ok, its 8 pages in, who won and what do I get?

You're not wrong there DC. I buy the Hun and Age every day, and have for as long as I can remember (although I preferred to nick them from outside the local newsagent's back in the early clubbing days post kebab/hotdog), and every time I open them at lunchtime I've already read every word on North thanks to gr on here.

With power prices set to soar through the roof again I may as well toss out the massive tellys as well.

Haven't got the solars? Or the LED? The Tesla power wall?

Do yourself a favour.

Before I get to the votes, I first wanted to start with some shout-outs for the year. I usually try to name as many people as my crap memory can recall, and I’ve gone the same route again this year. Only this time around I’ve broken it down into sub-categories and awarded shiny medals. Which I think you’ll agree, is pretty exciting.

I’m not going to bother tagging anyone in because right now you’re reading this post, so there's really no point.

*Okay, first off we have the recipients of the US Electorate Medal for excellence in the field of POTY voting (in voting for me):
Roozee, RobZombie, astrovic, roospur, Lavy_Panther, Dodecahedron, Hojuman, Flawed Genius, ArjenTheGreat, KiwiRoo, Mr Blonde, Jay-Z, Hunters Host, utility, 5GB USB, kangaspurs, Coalface, and BTron.

*The Tony Shaw Medal for posters whose opinion on footy (and sometimes other stuff) I rate as top shelf:
BTron, Twinkletoes, Flawed Genius, kangaspurs, RobZombie, Hunters Host, Only Forwards, astrovic, remfan101, Hearts2Hearts, and Black2Blue.

*The Bob Saget Medal for services to comedy:
Arden, see see, Orange Peanut, SMaturin, Arthur Cloke, roos rool, and Jeremy Jordan.

*The Billy Joel Medal for posters who work (on a whole range of subjects) I rate or enjoy on a regular basis:
ferball, Kimbo, LuvtheKangas, big_e, Spider Burton, D23D, Zondor, toepoker, Devington, Passmore, Grogg, utility, shintemaster, year of the roo, Thewlis Dish, GN80, scottywiper, blackshadow, Horace, muttley, Mr Reliable, Groucho, Roo Beauty, Marstermind, shniko11, Jimmy's Hot Dogs, king of the road, Heaps Of Fun, DonkeyChop, ChopChopDigDig, roos_fanatic08, tazaa, boneofshin, TennisPlayerAndy, Massive Unit, Greater Gattsby, Shermanator, Jasemon, Dirty 11, 5GB USB, and Firestarter....sometimes.

*The Dermott Brereton Medal for succinctly cutting through bullshit in impressive fashion:
hilly, Harris 10, and Egga.

*The Donald Trump Medal for those posters who are able to keep a cool head and balanced perspective at times when the natives are restless:
MrJoel, Istanbul Roo, Stiff Arm, Mr Blonde, and phillyroo.

*The Humphrey B. Bear Medal for those chatty, high-workrate posters who never fail to keep conversation and threads moving:
Gasometer, Hojuman, Dodecahedron, and Roozee.

*The Kardashian Family Medal for posters who actually do stuff around here:
The Mods (excluding TFW of course), and giantroo.

*The Alan Jones Medal for broadcasting excellence:
Kangaroos4eva, Jay-Z, Quiv, Nate, and philly.

*The Popeye10 Medal for posters that should post more often (but as it is show great taste with their ‘likes’):
Kangayroo, Deddy, and Hannem.

*And last but not least, the Julian Assange Medal for best overseas-based posters:
Lavy_Panther, ArjenTheGreat, KiwiRoo, ozzy oslo, and Tim.

Also, massive shout out to jozeph (vale) and the big lebowski.

Obviously, there are some whose names I have missed unintentionally, and some that I have omitted on purpose. If your name isn't listed above, I'll leave you to work out which one of the two it is.

And so to the votes –

3. RobZombie – never fails to post in an intelligent, articulate, and insightful manner. Always interested to hear his thoughts not just on footy, but pretty much anything really.

2. Flawed Genius – taken huge strides as a poster and I reckon it’s worth acknowledging. Some of his post-match analysis this season was right up there with the best I’ve seen on Bigfooty.

1. ArjenTheDouche – since the trend seems to be some touchy-feely crap about giving credit to those posters who have been the catalyst for some of our best work, I suppose I better throw a thank-you vote his way. He is indeed a quality poster. Living proof that you don’t have to be right to be entertaining. Literally the only player stalker on Bigfooty who doesn’t seem like a s**t bloke.

Great stuff. Well done, y'all.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back