Society/Culture 'Russia Today' appreciation society

Remove this Banner Ad

cannot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 30, 2016
^^ ""Flat World Champions".
AFL Club
Richmond
in the era where american imperialism has become vomit inducing and fake news is something we have to be on the look out for (better than reds under the bed) i would like to take time to praise russians generally for maintaining geopolitical and nuclear weapon balance and the excellent tv channel RT which is top class like al jazerrera IMHO

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-propaganda-arm-its-not-very-good-at-its-job/

http://russia-insider.com/en/politi...st-co-how-do-journalism-one-last-time/ri18530

i flicked over to RT as they were bitch slapping the Washington Post. excellent viewing

maxresdefault.jpg

4 billion youtube views not to be sneezed at either

Last edited:

Wikileaks released emails showing Hillary thought she could get elected if Trump was propped up.

Im a bit of a fan dont watch it much now, but had it on satellite a few years back before a big storm destroyed my tracking motor.
Alternative sources FTW

Al Jazeera is Qatari and RT is, of course, Russian.

All such channels delve into the propaganda basket at times. They may report reliably on a few issues but when it comes to the crunch (ie. who or what exactly is in control of the machinations behind the scenes of geopolitical tension), they engage in obfuscation instead of legitimate unbiased investigative journalism.

This is why it's prudent to obtain your news from a variety of sources, and cross-reference from there to develop a clear picture of what is happening, why, and by whom.

• Banned
Al Jazeera is Qatari and RT is, of course, Russian.

All such channels delve into the propaganda basket at times. They may report reliably on a few issues but when it comes to the crunch (ie. who or what exactly is in control of the machinations behind the scenes of geopolitical tension), they engage in obfuscation instead of legitimate unbiased investigative journalism.

This is why it's prudent to obtain your news from a variety of sources, and cross-reference from there to develop a clear picture of what is happening, why, and by whom.

Al Jazeera is fairly balanced and top shelf for mine

even they are indeed arab which the name would suggest eh

Al Jazeera is fairly balanced and top shelf for mine

even they are indeed arab which the name would suggest eh

Al Jazeera English is HORRIBLY pro-Saudi and pro-Jihadi 'rebel' regarding the wider Syrian war. I've heard Al Jazeera Arabic is even worse. This is all relative to which side you hope prevails, of course. For their part the Assads both father and son have never had the wellbeing of the entirety of the Syrian people within their interests, but I hope the Assad/Iranian/Russian coalition defeats the Islamic insurgency for sure.

Some drastic change needs to happen though after any victory is consolidated.

The Mukhabarat, Syria's 'secret police', needs to be disbanded for one thing. I don't know if a South Africa-styled 'truth and reconciliation committee' is the way to go in Syria (where the bad guys own up to their crimes, but for the sake of re-igniting civil strife between ethnic groups all are granted amnesty from prosecution) but any post-war settlement is going to require at the very least a metric F*CK-TON of diplomacy and face-saving ability to keep all parties from launching at each others throats again.

Al Jazeera English is HORRIBLY pro-Saudi and pro-Jihadi 'rebel' regarding the wider Syrian war. I've heard Al Jazeera Arabic is even worse. This is all relative to which side you hope prevails, of course. The Assads both father and son have never had the well-being of the entirety of the Syrian people within their interests. I hope the Assad/Iranian/Russian coalition defeats the Islamic insurgency for sure, but some drastic change needs to happen after any victory is consolidated.

The Mukhabarat, Syria's 'secret police', needs to be disbanded for one thing. I don't know if a South Africa-styled 'truth and reconciliation committee' is the way to go in Syria (where the bad guys own up to their crimes, but for the sake of re-igniting civil strife between ethnic groups all are granted amnesty from prosecution) but any post-war settlement is going to require at the very least a metric F*CK-TON of diplomacy and face-saving ability to keep all parties from launching at each others throats again.

Agree with the first half of your first paragraph....Couldn't disagree any stronger about the rest.

This war was started by C.I.A, M16 & Mossad trained Salafists....Who had infiltrated the country well before the so-called Arab Spring.

Assad has every right to defend his own Democratically elected country against murderous assassins amigo.

Last edited:
Agree with the first half of your first paragraph....Couldn't disagree any stronger about the rest.

This was was started by C.I.A, M16 & Mossad trained Salafists....Who had infiltrated the country well before the so-called Arab Spring.

Assad has every right to defend his own Democratically elected country against murderous assassins amigo.

Where did I say he didn't? In the post-war shakeup changes will have to be made. In the fractured society that Syria has become due to these outside actors, things need to be modified.

In the post-war shakeup changes will have to be made. In the fractured society that Syria has become due to these outside actors, things need to be modified.

That was the U.S, Israeli & Saudi agenda all along....I can't see how anyone is confused about who is in the wrong here, C.I.A propaganda not withstanding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was the U.S, Israeli & Saudi agenda all along....I can't see how anyone is confused about who is in the wrong here, C.I.A propaganda not withstanding.

The fact remains though, that Syria is a fractured place. Even if, by some absolute miracle, blame gets assigned to all the right places (Saudi Arabia and the Gulf Monarchies, the United States, Turkey, Israel etc) Syria will still be in absolute ruins.

To win the peace afterwards, the Assad government needs to change how it proceeds. Syria had been a police state, more inclusive and secular in nature than many around it, but still a police state with an extremely robust interior security apparatus.

Secular = good, police state = bad.

Assad has to oversee certain changes within his security services. He has to. If he learns nothing from the exposure of these fractures (fractures exploited and widened by the above outside actors) in Syrian civil society he will be condemning himself to a repeat in no short order.

The fact remains though, that Syria is a fractured place. Even if, by some absolute miracle, blame gets assigned to all the right places (Saudi Arabia and the Gulf Monarchies, the United States, Turkey, Israel etc) Syria will still be in absolute ruins.

To win the peace afterwards, the Assad government needs to change how it proceeds. Syria had been a police state, more inclusive and secular in nature than many around it, but still a police state with an extremely robust interior security apparatus.

Secular = good, police state = bad.

Assad has to oversee certain changes within his security services. He has to. If he learns nothing from the exposure of these fractures (fractures exploited and widened by the above outside actors) in Syrian civil society he will be condemning himself to a repeat in no short order.

Now that the Turkish government has jumped aboard the Russian/Iranian federation, that will help Assad security-wise, so far as Aleppo & the North is concerned....Had it not been for Putin & Russian intervention; It's fair to say that both the Assad government & Syria would have gone the way of Iraq & Libya by now....Which is rather more a clue to the current anti-Russian hysteria & nonsense, currently clogging-up the MSM, 24/7 Narrative.

Putin has scuppered alot of big boys plans for making billions & trillions of $$$ in oil....And oh what a melt-down we are witnessing.

Just how far has Western Democracy sunk, when it takes Russia to serve out justice in the form of defending a Democracy & the rights of it's citizens.

MSM in the West, has never sunk so low.

Al Jazeera English is HORRIBLY pro-Saudi and pro-Jihadi 'rebel' regarding the wider Syrian war. I've heard Al Jazeera Arabic is even worse. This is all relative to which side you hope prevails, of course. For their part the Assads both father and son have never had the wellbeing of the entirety of the Syrian people within their interests, but I hope the Assad/Iranian/Russian coalition defeats the Islamic insurgency for sure.

Some drastic change needs to happen though after any victory is consolidated.

yep fair enough

but to be fair it seem$ everything is pro $audi

AJ is great for an independent view as long as you aren't reading about the ME.

I struggle to get past the blatant propaganda of RT personally. That said, mixing sources is always good, and in this era you are far better off confirming your story in two places anyway.

Baaad news all. I have it on good authority from awaremind that RT is actually mainstream media owned by Newscorp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back