Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Could turn on a 20cent piece still then and make younger defenders look stupid.

& doing it while delivering a not so discreet elbow to the general head area;)

On the captaincy, little doubt for mine it's Dyson's & also little doubt he will call Jobe up to the dias to accept the cup with him later this year, feel like I've seen that before somewhere...

On the captaincy, little doubt for mine it's Dyson's & also little doubt he will call Jobe up to the dias to accept the cup with him later this year, feel like I've seen that before somewhere...
can't quite see Jobe doing the coked up wide-eyed aggressive finger twirl though

I mean, how's this for a roll-call:
  • Simon Madden
  • Neale Daniher
  • Terry Daniher
  • Tim Watson
  • Gary O'Donnell
  • James Hird
  • Matthew Lloyd
  • Jobe Watson
For me it would be ludicrous in the extreme to ruin that with some dumb co-captaincy scheme. All those names have added prestige simply due to the fact they've been EFC captains. Not bloody co-captains.
Did Mark Thompson step on your toes Lance Uppercut

Premiership captain

Last edited:

Two flags*. They stopped due to the belief that Jack isn't a good captain (fair) and McVeigh doesn't want to be captain any more.

They'd have won it without Jack as a captain, let's be real here.
I am also not sure why you felt the need to correct the "two flags" thing, that's just BM.

Lethal played ruthless footy. A champion thug

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon board should show some all round balls and some Hird fire and support and stick with Watson,atleast give him the option ,forget this moving forward bullshit its for marketers and media ,neither wins you true fans or premierships

Don't think he should be captain. Still think he can be a valuable player if he can handle the unique stresses that he will face. Its time for us to develop the next captain in Heppell and I don't think that it would be a good thing for Jobe to be captain either. Just my personal opinion. I have no inside knowledge and I could be way off.

That being said the impression I got from Zaharakis' recent interview was that he certainly would be happy with Watson to be captain if he still wanted the job. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of our older players would feel like that.

Captains do more interviews and are required to attend more events than any player.

Why would he want to be dealing with all that this year?

A lot of people assume he's in some fragile mental state atm.

I think he'll be fine as long he's left alone to get on with it.

Leadership group 2017 - Dyson Heppell (c), Michael Hurley (vc), Joe Daniher, Cale Hooker, Zach Merrett and David Zaharakis.

Goddard, Kelly, Stanton and Watson will all naturally be leaders, however, I would love for them to just enjoy their football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back