Box Hill (VFL)
Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
I have reduced the size of the pictures to see if I can get the [Mod note: Image-heavy thread] removed from my threads name. Here are the current VFL teams pictures in reduced size pictures.

WBLXWbc.jpg

Last edited:
There's also this Port Melbourne jumper from the 1930s.
Port30s.JPG

Blue, Red Yoke, Collar and Cuffs, Blue monogram
Looks a lot like those old WAFL jumpers. Is that the Norm Goss Stand in the background? Amazing how it's still standing.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have reduced the size of the pictures to see if I can get the [Mod note: Image-heavy thread] removed from my threads name. Here are the current VFL teams pictures in reduced size pictures.

Lol, why are you so hung up about that thing in the title? The first page is 15MB to load. It's not unreasonable to warn people that there are about 100 images on the first page alone.

I can remove it if it really bugs you, because the alternative (those tiny images you posted above) is unreadable.

The best outcome would be to have it hosted on a website a la FJ.com, actually. That'd be pretty great.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Here is a new picture of the Casey Demons
WBLXWbc.jpg

Be on the look out for new VFL jumpers over the coming weeks. The VFL website and the club's websites haven't been giving away any changes to the jumpers.

Last edited:
Here is a new picture of the Casey Demons
E2sis3K.jpg

Be on the look out for new VFL jumpers over the coming weeks. The VFL website and the club's websites haven't been giving away any changes to the jumpers.
AFL Evolution says Casey will wear this at home.
upload_2017-4-13_10-52-59.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rainier Wolfcastle

Team Captain
Jul 30, 2006
Montreal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Springfield Isotopes
AFL Evolution says Casey will wear this at home.
View attachment 357026

Bloody hell, how's the fighting expression on this guy! He looks like one of those people archaeologists dig out of an ancient ruin then try to recreate how they looked back then.

Genghis Khan in the #20 for Casey this year is gonna wreak some havoc!

Was looking into the below jumper that we wore away to Geelong in 2012, it's our 2009-10 AFL home jumper and is the first occasion of us wearing a black jumper in the VFL. Looking closer at the pics there's AFL logos on the numbers and the patches have been stuck over the top of other logos, further some players took the field in different numbers with McNamara's #50 the highest used. It's seems we've dug out some old jumpers and converted them for the match, putting players into jumpers that fit rather than wearing their usual numbers.

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=123661641&c=1-118-0-204557-0&pool=1

Michael Riley

Team Captain
Jun 17, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Brighton VFA
The Footballer 1876 (SLV)

Footballer1877 p25 Brunswick.jpg

The Footballer 18757 (SLV)

Footballer1875 p20 Brunswick.jpg Footballer1876 p24 Brunswick.jpg Footballer1877 p25 Brunswick.jpg
Footballer1875 p20 Brunswick.jpg
Footballer1876 p24 Brunswick.jpg

The Footballer 1877 (SLV)
Brunswick

From Wikipedia (not necessarily the best source I'll admit, though I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere as well)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brunswick_Football_Club

Brunswick Football Club was formed in 1865 and joined the VFA in the 1897 season. The club was colloquially known in its early days as the Pottery Workers[2] or the Brickfielders, and its fans were known for sounding clayhole bells at matches;[3][4] after changing their colours from light blue and red colors to black and white, they became informally, and then later formally, known as the Magpies. They struggled to be competitive in the league early on, finishing last in 1898, 1899 and 1902.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Added new pictures for Camberwell and Coburg

WBLXWbc.jpg

WBLXWbc.jpg

Those entries from The Footballer from 1875 and 1877 are good, but these are pictures of clubs jumpers while they where part of the Victorian Football Association (VFA)/Victorian Football League (VFL). Brunswick wasn't part of the VFA until 1897, so these were uniforms worn before they where a VFA club.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back