No Oppo Supporters The TAN 62 - Dictator Equus position Officially untenable! FAKE NEWS!

Is groupie a hipster

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scares me when we start to talk about depression.
Never know who is reading and how they are feeling.
I know nothing. I've seen s**t but it means nothing.
The one thing I am mostly confident of though just in my own mind is that exercise is amazing for depression sufferers.
Of course that's only from me watching many depression sufferers improve with it but not know the feeling myself.
And yet then there are those that just can't get themselves out of bed either.
I studied the subject feverishly whilst living with a mate years ago who had it badly before we really understood it and still I feel none the wiser.
i have just seen heaps of it but honestly am at a loss because every case seems different.
It's the one thing I wish I could understand more and help people with but it's like a bloody bottomless pit.

As for Liverpool... * me.
They are just like following Richmond... and of course I have a bet with a great collect hingeing on Leicester being relegated.
Good times.

Reckons he will play rnd 1, we have heard that before
My mail from another GWS player is he is flying. They have no intention of playing him in pretend games.

First post in a while but still a regular reader to the TAN. I have always had that thought in the back of the head to just end my life, but all of you blokes make me laugh and make things good. There is people who are open to talk about it all and there is people who don't and those are the ones you have to be there for. So if you are one of those people - you're not alone - There's always someone there for you. xx

ef450c0f6c76d027ea2d55be86797adc.jpg

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with the obvious points you're making,but you pinpointed you argument earlier to laughter being a mask.
Laughter doesn't cure depression. It's at best a band aid, and even then a very short term one.
As i said there are many forms of cure ranging from counselling, medication, diet ,humor,exercise and social /family support.
http://www.healthcentral.com/depression/c/84292/117961/depression/

TigerImposter , I don't find your wife's image offensive or insensitive. Besides, it's art - we'll always come across artworks that will be controversial and many artists like to push the boundaries. Anyway, art is subjective and personal.
From a technical perspective, I would suggest emphasising the text a bit more especially the word hope, and also a slight adjustment to the composition so there's a clear focal point. (I think Equus mentioned the same, I agree with his comments)

Last edited:
TigerImposter , I don't find your wife's image offensive or insensitivity. Besides, it's art - we'll always come across artworks that will be controversial and many artists like to push the boundaries. Anyway, art is subjective and personal.
From a technical perspective, I would suggest emphasising the text a bit more especially the word hope, and also a slight adjustment to the composition so there's a clear focal point. (I think Equus mentioned the same, I agree with his comments)
That's great feedback and agree with the points
-coming across artworks that will be controversial
-art is subjective and personal

These were the main points coming from other forum discussions and getting an artist to change their opinion to make a few people happy at the expense of others can be a daunting to impossible exercise. After all it's their impression or work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's great feedback and agree with the points
-coming across artworks that will be controversial
-art is subjective and personal

These were the main points coming from other forum discussions and getting an artist to change their opinion to make a few people happy at the expense of others can be a daunting to impossible exercise. After all it's their impression or work.

Ive studied art history and worked in that industry, and I disagree with the comments "getting an artist to change their opinion". That's so wrong, the artist should be allowed to create a work that will reflect themselves and add their own personal voice. IMO, art isnt about pretty pictures and keeping everyone happy..

If we look at the great artists over the years, say Picasso - as if he listened to his critics..

Quote: Art is not the application of a canon of beauty but what the instinct and the brain can conceive beyond any canon. When we love a woman we don't start measuring her limbs. Pablo Picasso

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back