Preview Changes: Round 3 v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

With JJ out lever will come in and otten will play rotate up forward

Milera should come out and wigg to come in letting smith play up the ground more

Surely, his spleen is nowhere near his underarm?

It's called referred pain

Signs and symptoms of a ruptured spleen include:
  • Pain in the upper left abdomen.
  • Tenderness when you touch the upper left abdomen.
  • Left shoulder pain, particularly if you also have cuts and bruises on the left chest or side.
  • Confusion, lightheadedness or dizziness.

You've been pretty hard on him throughout the preseason. Am interested as to the reasoning behind your change of tune. On-field or off-field outputs?
I haven't intentionally been hard on him. Perhaps frustrated at his prior lack of commitment. He's certainly changed his off field efforts and this has resulted in better on field form. It would test his resolve if he didn't get another opportunity and I'd hate to see his improved attitude unrewarded. Additionally, he's been playing good football.

I don't reckon they'd have taken him if he needed a run.
do you know if there was a realistic chance of him needing to come in as an emergency? Or were Tex and McGovern certainties before they got on the plane?
Tex and Gov were good to go. There were never any concussion issues with Gov. it really was an ankle and he was never going to not play.

With JJ out lever will come in and otten will play rotate up forward

Milera should come out and wigg to come in letting smith play up the ground more
Milera out are you kidding me? Replaced with Wigg. His disposal was dreadful in the JLT. Milera probably won't get as many disposals as Wigg but would use them a hell of a lot better, he must stay IMO.

Milera out are you kidding me? Replaced with Wigg. His disposal was dreadful in the JLT. Milera probably won't get as many disposals as Wigg but would use them a hell of a lot better, he must stay IMO.
Looks like Milera has been playing more in the back half so far this year. In the JLT Wigg was in the thick of things, but we looked to be rotating a bit more in the PS, it's probably a good chance for him to test himself out and have a bit more room at AFL level in Milera's role.

I believe against port wigg will be better than Milera, Milera is good but only for snippets

We need possession's from the deck and Jacobs will struggle this week imo

I'm not surprised about either of them. Both only had eyes for the ball, and in Lynch's case, he took a hit to the head himself simultaneously with impacting Burchill, and he was in front. In fact, on my initial viewing, I was disgusted that he didn't get a free for high contact in a marking attempt. Apart from that point, the umpires got the two incidents exactly right.

I think the current obsession with the "victim's" injury status is wrong. In the old days, the intention was the main factor, the result being irrelevant. That's the way it should still be, IMO.

I agree that whether a player is injured or not should not be how the judge a report. However that's how the AFL MRP seem to have done it for the last year or so.

I believe against port wigg will be better than Milera, Milera is good but only for snippets

Milera had a pretty decent game against GWS but was down a bit last week, certainly doesn't deserve to lose his spot. Wigg needs to continue to perform this week in the Bs with the SANFL season starting and force his way into the team, we did see how long it took Pyke to give CEY a crack last year after a whole season of good performances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't pay too much attention to AFC website, it seems a few guys have grown over the off season. Hartigan and Lever up from 193 to 195 from last year. Club propaganda.

Otten was 191cm a few years ago. Unless they added a centimetre or two with each knee reco...
Extra cartilage? :D

The only worry for me is if sauce gets injured and we have no backup ruckman. To the selection committee this will be their biggest problem. Lever comes in for kelly. Thats a no brainer. Id like to see menzel come in for jj but who gives us a chop out in the ruck. Jacobs vs ryder, dixon and trengove. Thats a big ask even if hes playing well.

They were certainties.
so where does that leave Menzel in the selection frame this week given he now hasn't played a game in two weeks?

obviously you don't want to take someone like Ben Jarman as an emergency just in case someone does a hammy in the warmup and you need him, but it seems an odd choice to make the genuine 23rd man miss a week of football, especially when he's on an upwards trajectory.

so where does that leave Menzel in the selection frame this week given he now hasn't played a game in two weeks?

obviously you don't want to take someone like Ben Jarman as an emergency just in case someone does a hammy in the warmup and you need him, but it seems an odd choice to make the genuine 23rd man miss a week of football, especially when he's on an upwards trajectory.
Menzel has only missed the one game. He would have done extra training. If he comes in he should be fresh and ready to go, like the teams that get a week off during finals.

Any player that misses a single game hasn't played a game in 2 weeks. It's generally not seen as a bad thing. Otherwise the first week of the finals last year would have had all teams playing terribly and the teams the won the Qualifying Final each year wouldn't win as many games as they do.

Wouldn't pay too much attention to AFC website, it seems a few guys have grown over the off season. Hartigan and Lever up from 193 to 195 from last year. Club propaganda.

Otten was 191cm a few years ago. Unless they added a centimetre or two with each knee reco...

Don't know about that, Otten who was 192 when Drafted at 18 and is 194, Talia 194 at 18 and is 197 today. Hartigan again 194 when Drafted at 22 and is 195 in 2017,
I do know the Crows only updated the heights and weights this year after not doing so for a while Last year they still had their Draft heights and weight recorded on the web page.

:mad:
Cripps got injured because the blow was able to be directed better.

The force that struck Dangerfield was larger and it was just chance as to if it hit an area to do huge damage or not.

Player shouldn't be rewarded for being lucky not to injure another player. They should be punished for intentionally doing things that could injure a player.

It's the same thing with Buddy getting Talia in a headlock a few years back. Talia wasn't injured so Buddy didn't get punished, but if the dice roll had come down a bit different Talia would have had a broken neck.

Buddy didn't get punished but Talia did........:mad:

Looks like Milera has been playing more in the back half so far this year. In the JLT Wigg was in the thick of things, but we looked to be rotating a bit more in the PS, it's probably a good chance for him to test himself out and have a bit more room at AFL level in Milera's role.
I don't know about him playing in the back half. Wigg's role was more "inside mid", while Milera is currently more of an "outside mid". Each Milera touch is worth two of Wigg's - 3 if Wigg's JLT performance is replicated.

This was an issue I had with Milera last year. He would regularly drift in and out of the games, and usually only picked up 10-13 disposals. He showed none of this against GWS, picking up disposals regularly and finishing with a career high 23 disposals. Against Hawthorn he had 16 disposals, which is the 3rd highest disposal count of his short career. I think 2017 Milera has gone a long way towards fixing this problem, though he's still a work in progress.

I don't know about him playing in the back half. Wigg's role was more "inside mid", while Milera is currently more of an "outside mid". Each Milera touch is worth two of Wigg's - 3 if Wigg's JLT performance is replicated.

This was an issue I had with Milera last year. He would regularly drift in and out of the games, and usually only picked up 10-13 disposals. He showed none of this against GWS, picking up disposals regularly and finishing with a career high 23 disposals. Against Hawthorn he had 16 disposals, which is the 3rd highest disposal count of his short career. I think 2017 Milera has gone a long way towards fixing this problem, though he's still a work in progress.

Most likely going to be a wet day Saturday & tough and scrappy

My opinion is Milera may be better off getting a stack of the ball in the B's and go into the game against the bombers on a high.
This will be a tough game for him to regain momentum from round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back