Resource 2017 AFL and AFLW Crowds and Ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
43,120 at Adelaide Oval
Not a bad crowd at all.
The combined crowds at the two NRL games in Sydney and the Soccer semi final in Brisbane last night just beat the AFL at 44,589
The soccer mob will be pissed as they were hoping for a Sydney blockbuster finals game but unfortunately the WSW lost to Brisbane

Looks like the Super Rugby is too embarrassed to post their now very poor crowds but it looked like 10- 12000 for last nights Waratahs game at SFS

Ratings from last night held up surprisingly well considering the quality of the contest

431k in Melbourne and Adelaide on 7 and 93k across the other 3 on 7 mate

Rabbitohs and broncos got 432k in Sydney and Brisbane. Presumably the league would go close to sticking its nose in front with regionals but with a much better game

A league final got 64k on viceland. 18k in Brisbane which was just 1k more than the afl.

Ratings from last night held up surprisingly well considering the quality of the contest

431k in Melbourne and Adelaide on 7 and 93k across the other 3 on 7 mate

Rabbitohs and broncos got 432k in Sydney and Brisbane. Presumably the league would go close to sticking its nose in front with regionals but with a much better game

A league final got 64k on viceland. 18k in Brisbane which was just 1k more than the afl.

We have to assume most of the 431K in Melbourne were Blues and I have to take my hat off to them if they stuck more than 20 mins. It was just awful stuff from Carlton and my mind and attention wandered very very quickly and I love watching the footy.

In future weeks any attendance figures Carlton post are in no way indicative of underlying Carlton support since honestly who in his right mind would go to see those punishings. People can only endure so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There wouldn't be too many times a dogs v lions home and away game has reached 32k in attendance.

I believe it's a record for a Bulldogs home game against the Lions. Previous highest was 30,831 at Docklands, R12, 2010.

Brisbane had 33,421 against the Dogs at the Gabba in 2009.

I believe it's a record for a Bulldogs home game against the Lions. Previous highest was 30,831 at Docklands, R12, 2010.

Should be breaking these records like this in you're premiership honeymoon. Home games against lions and swans have shown what success can do to crowds. Let's just hope it continues.

Edit - quick look ahead shows a potential 45-50000 against the tiges in round 7.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah the biggest home and away crowd between the Dogs and Lions was round 12 2008. 39,320. Although that was at the MCG and I think the first match in Melbourne Aker played against Brisbane.

Nonetheless a really good crowd today.

Nah the biggest home and away crowd between the Dogs and Lions was round 12 2008. 39,320. Although that was at the MCG and I think the first match in Melbourne Aker played against Brisbane.

Nonetheless a really good crowd today.

Ah forgot to check MCG games. Oh well, a record of sorts then. Two impressive crowds so far for the Dogs.

Isn't the best Sydney Derby crowd at the SCG about 37K? They'd easily get that if the Swans weren't 0-4 I'd imagine.

About the same size as Collingwood match a couple of weeks back. You never really get beyond high 30s at the SCG anyway cos of the seating situation unless it is a super blockbuster type match.

Isn't the best Sydney Derby crowd at the SCG about 37K? They'd easily get that if the Swans weren't 0-4 I'd imagine.

About the same size as Collingwood match a couple of weeks back. You never really get beyond high 30s at the SCG anyway cos of the seating situation unless it is a super blockbuster type match.
It's weird that the capacity is listed at around 48k but the crowds are always very consistent around the mid to late 30k mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back