Analysis 2017 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuohy's 27 and having his best start to a season. I underrated him while he was at Carlton but he's only got a few good years in him and although he's got serious weapons, he'll never be an A-grader. Marchbank is 20, a really good kick, a strong intercept mark and is super athletic on top of that. We lost a genuinely good player, but the net return might be an elite defender with a decade of footy ahead of him.

Easy to look at how Tuohy's playing and be miffed but with where we're at, we've done well.

Also hate to think how badly Lang would be doing in this current team. If we had of got him and a lower draft pick, we would have been rolled.

It's also easier to find another touhy like player than a Marchbank.

I Think we are very lucky to have Marchbank.

Charles Brunson - inventor of the Brunsen Burner - a laboratory heating flame so unstable, today it is known in scientific circles as the Death Wish.
preferred him in the Magnificent seven
show_image.php

It's also easier to find another touhy like player than a Marchbank.

I Think we are very lucky to have Marchbank.

I appreciate Tuohy now he's playing in a better team and can finally see what he can do. He's not as good a player as Simpson (at his peak) or Docherty, but he's still a handy HBF. Unlucky last year he had those guys starring further up the field.

I think Marchbank will be an A-grader in due time. Doesn't have any weaknesses, apart from his decision-making on occasion. That'll be tweaked and he'll end up a really high-quality player. We cop a lot of flak for having a heap of GWS guys running around, but the fact is they have an abundance of talent - 30-35 guys capable of playing AFL. If we get Hopper, he'll come on and become a quality player too.

I tend to agree. From what I have seen of Luke Davies-Uniake I am quite impressed with. I know people are going gaga over Fogarty and Worpel but id be looking in this kids direction personally. Also impressed with Joel Garner and Lochie O'Brien.
Yep gun, and you can never have enough hyphens
SPS
LDU
DRJ
LROS
BFDD
SSK
GDW
SSOSS

Luke Davies-Uniacke: Big, hard, genuine inside beast who comfortably held his own against a strong NB side when not many did. Had 22 possessions and half-a-dozen clearances, but what's most impressive is that he's able to spread and link up after the initial contest. Almost has an AFL-ready body, has good pace, nice disposal, works really hard and has a tank that allowed him to run out the game comfortably. Wasn't unusual to see him follow up his own possessions and get it again in the contest further downfield. Not afraid to take off down the ground with ball in hand after winning it in the contest. Although he won't be quite as big as Cripps, he'll still be a monster when he finishes growing and his body fills out. Was easily the best AIS player and he'll be right in the mix to go at No1.

Rye boy
Also known as the DFers, nttawwt, especially if he's wearing Navy Blue!

i don't believe that story... I think we stuff the 2e deal up. we low balled his contract to make him open to a move and thought we could get a good trade with some goons like Norf. We ended up getting rogered on the trade by Geelong, its just so hard to value on the trade table when the player can pick his club.

it all balanced out because we made off like lawrance angwin in the Marchbank trade.

My point is I don't think we should be mad at 2e. Real shame to see him go... but Bunson will make us forget him...

I'm not mad at him either to be honest. I honestly don't know what to think. I like Tuohy for what he brought, but now I'm clueless when it comes to what I currently think of him. I suppose it still remains positive since I have him in my fantasy team. :D

But when it comes to the trade. I'm also kind of happy it saw us being able to get our hands on such a player in Marchbank.

Looks like Fogarty is a real gun tall mid. I'd hate to waste our first pick on more GWS players and miss out on him. I'd really hate that. I'd like to stay away from them this year unless something they offer is way too good to refuse.
Yep, Fogarty and Rayner both look too good to risk passing up; I've always disagreed with the idea that a known is always better than an unknown. Those GWS players are out of contract and there should be a way of getting them (or, at least, one of them) without giving up a number one or two pick, if it comes to that.

We've got Betts, Tuohy (any others) who have moved to better teams and seemingly playing better footy. Really looking forward to the period of time where our core group is strong and we're able to add those 1-2 good players to make our team great

The top end of this years draft is shaping up as a ripper, Stephenson, Rayner, Worpel and Fogarty would all be great additions to our list and we will most likely have access to at least one of them.

Stephenson was pretty impressive last year as a bottom ager, played that high half forward role, @189cm really exceptional overhead mark, really good foot skills kicking inside 50, just needs to show he can go into the midfield, if he does that, he probably goes top 3, could still be a first round talent just as a forward.

Rayner @ 185cm he's an explosive goal kicking midfielder, can go forward and is also very good overhead, has a thumping kick, very good finishing around goals and a very nice burst of speed.
Has a bit of Dusty about the way he plays, has the fend off in his trick bag.
Midfielders that can go forward and kick goals are extremely valuable, just needs to keep playing consistent footy and he'll go top 5.

Worpel, beast of a kid, like a cannon ball at the footy, IIRC is around 182cm, has that explosive pace particularly through traffic and stoppages.
Seen him lay some big tackles and he excels at the contested stuff, hits the scoreboard regularly, foot skills my only concern.
If he improves in that area, he should go top 10, potentially top 5.

Forgarty the kid from SA, already a massive kid @192cm, was played mainly as a forward last year, but this year has moved into the midfield, he's explosive, excells at winning contested ball, very hard to bring down in a tackle, also has a great fend off in the trick bag, has great hands and another midfield prospect who is a very good overhead mark, gets really good penatration with his kicking, ball absolutely rockets off his boot.
Can't see this kid not going top 5, potentially top 3.

Think this will be a good year to have a pick inside the top 5, will get an absolute elite talent at those picks.

The top end of this years draft is shaping up as a ripper, Stephenson, Rayner, Worpel and Fogarty would all be great additions to our list and we will most likely have access to at least one of them.

Stephenson was pretty impressive last year as a bottom ager, played that high half forward role, @189cm really exceptional overhead mark, really good foot skills kicking inside 50, just needs to show he can go into the midfield, if he does that, he probably goes top 3, could still be a first round talent just as a forward.

Rayner @ 185cm he's an explosive goal kicking midfielder, can go forward and is also very good overhead, has a thumping kick, very good finishing around goals and a very nice burst of speed.
Midfielders that can go forward and kick goals are extremely valuable, just needs to keep playing consistent footy and he'll go top 5.

Worpel, beast of a kid, like a cannon ball at the footy, IIRC is around 182cm, has that explosive pace particularly through traffic and stoppages.
Seen him lay some big tackles and he excels at the contested stuff, hits the scoreboard regularly, foot skills my only concern.

Forgarty the kid from SA, already a massive kid @192cm, was played mainly as a forward last year, but this year has moved into the midfield, he's explosive, excells at winning contested ball, very hard to bring down in a tackle, also has a great fend off in the trick bag, has great hands and another midfield prospect who is a very good overhead mark, gets really good penatration with his kicking, ball absolutely rockets off his boot.

Think this will be a good year to have a pick inside the top 5, will get an absolute elite talent at those picks.
Rayner is the no.1 at this stage fairly built for someone he's age.Absolute jet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH, it would be nice to have a couple of top 10 picks this year. 3 would be ideal. There are a few quality inside and outside mids we need to get our hands on, most of whom could possibly be ready for round 1 next year. Work your magic SOS.

TBH, it would be nice to have a couple of top 10 picks this year. 3 would be ideal. There are a few quality inside and outside mids we need to get our hands on, most of whom could possibly be ready for round 1 next year. Work your magic SOS.

Keep our own first pick, trade Gibbs and hopefully get a first-rounder for him, if it isn't high enough, trade it with something else for a lower pick.

Not sure how we could get a third first rounder without selling the farm but it would be a nice result if it was achieved.

Keep our own first pick, trade Gibbs and hopefully get a first-rounder for him, if it isn't high enough, trade it with something else for a lower pick.

Not sure how we could get a third first rounder without selling the farm but it would be a nice result if it was achieved.

If we end up with pick 1, I'm certainly open to putting it on the table for two picks inside the top 10 if we can organize such a scenario.

If we end up with pick 1, I'm certainly open to putting it on the table for two picks inside the top 10 if we can organize such a scenario.

Couldn't agree with you more.
That must clearly be the plan or at least a quality mid already in the system and a good pick coming back.

Lots to play out yet, dependent on what the top end talent looks like in a couple of months time....but that's a great start point.

That's what the hawks did in the buddy/roughhead/lewis draft. Picks 2, 5 and 9 i think

Rayner is the no.1 at this stage fairly built for someone he's age.Absolute jet.

There something about him that catches my eye we'll definitely be bottom 2 to probably bottom. Hopefully we find a way get another pick inside top 5 or 6. The draft is the only way boys. It shows it works

Tuohy's 27 and having his best start to a season. I underrated him while he was at Carlton but he's only got a few good years in him and although he's got serious weapons, he'll never be an A-grader. Marchbank is 20, a really good kick, a strong intercept mark and is super athletic on top of that. We lost a genuinely good player, but the net return might be an elite defender with a decade of footy ahead of him.

Easy to look at how Tuohy's playing and be miffed but with where we're at, we've done well.

Also hate to think how badly Lang would be doing in this current team. If we had of got him and a lower draft pick, we would have been rolled.
Tuohy is and was a gun player.

There something about him that catches my eye we'll definitely be bottom 2 to probably bottom. Hopefully we find a way get another pick inside top 5 or 6. The draft is the only way boys. It shows it works
If we finish bottom I have a feeling Sos will trade no.1 pick for 2 picks inside top 10,hopefully trade Gibbs to crows pick 17/18.Maybe.

If we finish bottom I have a feeling Sos will trade no.1 pick for 2 picks inside top 10,hopefully trade Gibbs to crows pick 17/18.Maybe.

Maybe we can load up our midfield of the future with one big king hit at the draft/trade this year .
Trade pick 1 to Saints/Tigers for 2 x 1st rounders .
Trade Gibbs for Adelaide's 1st rounder and change .
End of 1st round PP on the cards after a very skinny win/loss season this year .
Trade 2018 1st rounder to the Giants for Hopper and Kennedy .
That's 6 x quality young midfielders added to the list in one hit with the possibility of a premium FA also added this year or going forward .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back