Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virtual free agent at 19

Joke of a comp

It's quite ridiculous isn't it. Alas I think the biggest damage this could do is effect the commitment of others. Fortunately I don't see that happening this time round.

I also think we've got him covered on the field long term. If we get 2 first rounders and at least 1 turns out to be a gun mid then we'll come out with a bigger need answered imo.

On another note, does anyone want to lend me their fav pic of Hipwood to glue over my membership?

Well according to Caroline Wilson he is gone - not sure how accurate she is with this stuff? But you have to think his time at the Lions is coming to an end. Like others have said previously i wouldn't pick him for the seniors just let him sit in NEAFL. Fagan said he wants to know by end of the bye - good luck with that! His manager will continue to play the game all the time knowing he is out.

Truly sick of this. It's got so bad now that the Melbourne media are now actually aware their is a problem!

Let's see how the new team of Noble and Fagan deal with it. I suggest they ask for PP on the back of Schache leaving and we will no doubt finish last. I hope they ask the AFL for PP at start of the draft and therefore we get the first two selections. Even then we are not guaranteed that the selected players will stay unless the AFL makes initial contracts 3-4 years which they don't want to do .

Another mess and when your 1-8 this just makes life as a Lions supporter so demoralising.

On another note, does anyone want to lend me their fav pic of Hipwood to glue over my membership?

images

Fagan's reasoning for dropping him was form. So at this stage he has shown absolutely nothing to warrant a senior recall. So if that statement was true then he will be stuck in the 2's until he atleast shows something. And by then it will be after the bye round and the club will maybe have a bit more of an idea as to which way he his heading.
If it is money he is after then we hold him in the 2's so therefore he doesnt get his draftee bonuses. ***k him!
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-24/how-much-does-an-afl-draft-pick-earn

If Schache goes it will be annoying, we seem to only get 1 good year out of a player while they spend year 2 stinking it up working out contract offers.

But this time it's not as bad, so long as we go hard at the trade & get maximum return.

The key now is keeping mcstay mcluggage & the other 2016 draftees. What id like to see is the club announce one over the next week or so. Don't care if it's Cox or witherden or a bigger target just some positive press to fight against all this schache shit.

If we take ballenden & add 3 first round mids for next year we won't miss Schache - with hammelman, close & Freeman we were looking KPF heavy anyway.

If Schache goes it will be annoying, we seem to only get 1 good year out of a player while they spend year 2 stinking it up working out contract offers.

But this time it's not as bad, so long as we go hard at the trade & get maximum return.

The key now is keeping mcstay mcluggage & the other 2016 draftees. What id like to see is the club announce one over the next week or so. Don't care if it's Cox or witherden or a bigger target just some positive press to fight against all this schache shit.

If we take ballenden & add 3 first round mids for next year we won't miss Schache - with hammelman, close & Freeman we were looking KPF heavy anyway.
On his output we wont miss him anyway. At this stage he needs to be the 2nd or 3rd target. If he doesnt want to be here, show him the door, but there is no way I would be putting him in the 1sts for the rest of the year, we have a young developing list and the season is already gone. No use developing him for someone else to benefit, while we can get games into Hammer, Close and Hipwood.

But if he is struggling with expectation here, I dont know what he expects to find if he goes to Richmond or Collingwood on good coin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On his output we wont miss him anyway. At this stage he needs to be the 2nd or 3rd target. If he doesnt want to be here, show him the door, but there is no way I would be putting him in the 1sts for the rest of the year, we have a young developing list and the season is already gone. No use developing him for someone else to benefit, while we can get games into Hammer, Close and Hipwood.

But if he is struggling with expectation here, I dont know what he expects to find if he goes to Richmond or Collingwood on good coin.
Yeah I think the strategy may have changed. If Schache signed up Freeman may have been out the door. But now it's prob time to give him another crack in the 1s & see where he's at.

If I thought Schache could help us win games & perform better I would absolutely still play him but he is so far away from best 22 atm he was only getting games as part of a 5 year plan.

In our situation if he said he was leaving we would be very unlikely to pick him again. But that's not a spite thing. If Rockliff was to say he was leaving on FA at the end of the year. I would still be playing him as he makes us better, Schache doesnt

She's pretty close to the mark (Leppa's sacking for instance).
If he is genuinely homesick and we are talking creating mental health issues, then let him go asap.
If the afl don't realize what a poo sandwich we have up here, then they never will.
I do believe we need the retention allowance back even if it wouldn't fix this situation.
Also would like to think the club does its due diligence on new recruits - this one slipped through the net.
If the club still doesn't have a sports psychologist (which I believe to be the case) one must be sourced as a priority.

Club couldn't have done anymore to keep him, just let him go now and get him the hell away from the club.

Image wise it's a massive issue and hopefully the AFL does something about initial draftee contracts. The power has to come back to the clubs, the clubs will be around much longer than 1 persons career and we will never go anywhere until these issues are addressed.

How close were Schache and Leppa? If they were very close this could all stem from Leppa's sacking.

Just great isn't it. Not enough that he's a shit coach, we have to lose players out of removing him.

Biggest mistake the club ever made in hiring him.

Unfortunately I think that Caro is normally on the mark. Does her homework and not out simply for a headline like some others we regulary mention.
She has been very quiet while all others have been having their say.
Makes me think there is something in it, for her to pop up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back