C: Williams, Bontempelli, Jones

HF: Smith, Ugle-Hagan, Treloar

F: Scott, Naughton, Lobb

FOLL: English, Liberatore, Macrae

I/C: Johannisen, Garcia, Daniel, Baker

EMG: Khamis, McComb, Cleary, Sweet

IN: Jones, Treloar, Lobb, Johannisen

OUT: Darcy, West, McLean (all omitted), Duryea (illness), McComb (sub

dropping darcy for lobb means bevo's already given up on the gimmick 4 tall strategy. look to have opted for more pace generally with johannisen coming in. if footscray come at us with players in proper position (i.e. not caleb daniel ruck rover, jack macrae full forward) we will need to be at our best to get over the top of them

Re Gunston ... I am going to assume that he will get his kicking boots back but what I did notice was how many times he did something which threw the opposition player off balance leaving space for him or a team mate to do something. The guy definitely has a well honed and experienced footy brain.

Watching Petty drop himself from the faked kick was a delight :)
You must have been watching a different game to me. I am prepared to simply say that Gunston had a bad day at the office. Everything he touched turned to crap, including but not only his kicking, so in the end to me he seemed to basically concede that that was the way it just was gunna be that night.

Hopefully he has got that one out of the way and he'll be the pro we want and need. But to pretend otherwise is to deny the bleeding obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your opinion maybe correct, player management? Looking at the cats '22 season I'm comfortable visiting this in Dans current year. 🤷‍♂️
We’ll see if he plays in the VFL hey?😮
Management is likely but we have only played 2 games so more likely he has a little niggle.

Taken from footwire site

Western Bulldogs v Brisbane (Marvel Stadium)​
Average Attributes​
Western BulldogsAttributeBrisbane
189.1cmHeight189.2cm
87.5kgWeight89.4kg
26yr 10mthAge26yr 3mth
115.0Games107.5
Total Players By Games​
Western BulldogsGamesBrisbane
5Less than 506
450 to 994
5100 to 1496
8150 or more6

You must have been watching a different game to me. I am prepared to simply say that Gunston had a bad day at the office. Everything he touched turned to crap, including but not only his kicking, so in the end to me he seemed to basically concede that that was the way it just was gunna be that night.

Hopefully he has got that one out of the way and he'll be the pro we want and need. But to pretend otherwise is to deny the bleeding obvious.
All I know is that there were a bunch of times where a player did something I didn't expect (and apparently neither did his opponent) and that resulted in a positive for that player ... each time that happened I noticed that it was Gunston (unless there are two players that look a lot like eachother of course)

S
BULLDOGS

B: Bruce, Jones, Crozier

HB: Dale, Keath, Richards

C: Williams, Bontempelli, Jones

HF: Smith, Ugle-Hagan, Treloar

F: Scott, Naughton, Lobb

FOLL: English, Liberatore, Macrae

I/C: Johannisen, Garcia, Daniel, Baker

EMG: Khamis, McComb, Cleary, Sweet

IN: Jones, Treloar, Lobb, Johannisen

OUT: Darcy, West, McLean (all omitted), Duryea (illness), McComb (sub
Still no Gardner for them

Your opinion maybe correct, player management? Looking at the cats '22 season I'm comfortable visiting this in Dans current year. 🤷‍♂️

Rich is on 270 and won't get to 300 games before retirement.

Managing him through this season looks like a good option to me. Same with Zorko if needed.

Pritty happy with our team dynamic at the moment. Our forward line is crazy good if they can all fire. Imagine trying to man Daniher, gunston and hipwood. Not to mention when the ball gets to ground you got bailey, Cameron and linc.

If our mids do their job and get the ball forward then game over under the roof.

We have seen Jekyll and Hyde already this season. Fingers crossed we get more of the first 3 and bit qtrs against Melb and less of the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back