Preview Lions v Port @ Adelaide Oval Saturday March 18th @ 3.35 PM Brisbane Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harris > Marshall, Payne > Dixon, Starcevich > Georgiades?
Not sure what the matchups will be.
Happy to leave that to our expert coaches.

I think Dixon will be the ruck relief if last year is anything to go, on but it is Hinkley so who knows.
Marshall next in line for ruck relief.

I will be happy if we just keep the ball out of their forward line for long periods of the game.
Wishful thinking, but i can hope for that outcome.

Going to have lots of run from the backline but worried we're a bit short and might struggle one on one

Tunstill winning the race for the wing spot is great for him although I'd suspect Zorko will replace him and we'll shuffle roles

So anyway, take from it what you will but this is the 23 that trained with the main group this morning.

Rayner Harris Starcevich
Rich Payne McKenna
Ashcroft Clugga Berry
Oscar Neale Dunkley
McCarthy Hippy Bailey
Cameron Daniher Gunston
Dev Prior Wilmot Tunstill Coleman

Do we get a 22 named tonight or is it the starting 18 and an 8 man bench?

If it is the 22 I think it will contain the names above with one to be named as sub before the game.
I meant to ask you earlier.
Did Berry train unhindered and look like he is okay to play
We are taking Prior down as an emergency

train GIF

tunstill train leaving station

We obviously feel our best footy is with with O and Joe tap. I don’t think this is anything new. We just haven’t been able to do it often recently due to injuries. I tend to agree with the approach, albeit I think Fort offers things which O doesn’t and vice versa.

We can’t play 2 rucks and 3 tall forwards. Dreadful for forward pressure.

Good side. Prior the only really stiff player.

I don’t see any height issue given Rayner gets Georgiades who is no monster. Plus neither side has a second ruck.

Fort might be a good sub - if a mid goes down we can do a shuffle involving Rayner. If we are struggling then a new ruck / ruck is extra tall forward is a good way to change the look of the game. Plus Fort has been good.

Beat me to it. Does anyone know the purpose of doing it? All the teams know how each other will line up more or less. Everyone one knows that Harris isn't starting at FF and Joe isn't starting down back.

I’m assuming stuff like that is just a rib. Was actually funny when Quentin Hull got super mad on twitter about Harris being named at FF in a game last year lol

I meant to ask you earlier.
Did Berry train unhindered and look like he is okay to play
We are taking Prior down as an emergency
He trained strongly.
Fages gave him some advice at one point about holding up the play and he wanted him to play on after taking the mark rather than stopping and letting the defence get back and set up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hearing word from the Port camp that they're planning to terrorise one of our players. No word on who that might be yet.
My sources tell me it’s Alastair Lynch.

I’m assuming stuff like that is just a rib. Was actually funny when Quentin Hull got super mad on twitter about Harris being named at FF in a game last year lol
On Twitter!? Fair dinkum you should have heard his live call! Four quarters of "clubs should treat the fans with more respect! 🤬🤬🤬"

To be fair I do quite like Q... Much better than a lot of commercial broadcasters and better than basically anyone on Triple M 🤢 But he did need to let this one go through to the keeper after bounce down 😆🤦

Terrorise him you reckon?
I think when you look back to the heat that Rich got after winning the rising star, his profile wasn't as big as Ashcroft's. I reckon he is going to receive a ton of heat this year.
The media don't help with articles like 'The Hype is Real' teams are going to use that as ammo to go hard at him and prove a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back